Go down 
+2
GreenSam
Rickler
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Tonight, I had it on very good authority that Mr Sparks is away due to he and Radio Devon having a .... 'disagreement'.
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:17 am

Good. Sack the prick!
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:28 am

In the conversation I had he was described as a "Marmite commentator".
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:31 am

Loved by Nool and the gang, hated by ATD. Sounds about right. Bit like Ridsdale in that respect then.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:38 am

Not hated by me...

I quite liked listening to the bloke and for the most part he always replied If I wrote to him. I also met him a few years back and he seemed a decent sort.

I don't understand the 'love in' with Newell, though... Newell had slagged him off for years until he needed to go on to Sparksy's show to unleash the dogs of war!

Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:45 am

I think he is fun - goes over the top and chats off subject with his co-commentator too much but he is excited at the right moments. He sounds like a fan who gets carried away - which isn't a bad pedigree. Better than that prat Dave something-or-other who follows Exeter, I think, who is a waste of air-space. Given the choice between the two I have no doubt at all who I'd choose!!!! Chris Errington is good for quite different reasons and, dare I say it on ATD, I think Chris Webb is pretty good as well - even more so when you think he's an amateur.

Who are we going to get tomorrow!?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:25 am

knecht wrote:
I think he is fun - goes over the top and chats off subject with his co-commentator too much but he is excited at the right moments. He sounds like a fan who gets carried away - which isn't a bad pedigree. Better than that prat Dave something-or-other who follows Exeter, I think, who is a waste of air-space. Given the choice between the two I have no doubt at all who I'd choose!!!! Chris Errington is good for quite different reasons and, dare I say it on ATD, I think Chris Webb is pretty good as well - even more so when you think he's an amateur.

Who are we going to get tomorrow!?
Agreed. Regardless of all the politics I think Sparksy's excellent. Him and Errington just have a hilarious chemistry. He's not very professional, analytical or unbiased but he just has the X Factor which makes him great listening.
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:01 am

I always liked Sparks .... not the best commentator as such, but entertaining and Errington could pitch in with a bit of football sense. A real buffoon with an almost schoolboy disdain for anyone under 5 feet 9, and teams with ridiculous shirts... the (Leyton) Orient polkadots spring to mind

However, ever since the threat to his job under the BBC cuts, and the putting out to pasture to the Alan Partridge middle of the night slot, it seems to me he has been smoozed by the Nool and Webb twitterati and happy clappy thing, and has consequently lost the plot ... constantly bickering about fickle fans this and fickle fans that.... so, that's the end for me. Poison spreads Gordon, and it's come knocking on your door.
Maybe time for a new job.... people get stale. Get out and move on. Underneath the recent ire and bad company, you're a good guy. And yes, Nool was NEVER a fan of yours, quite disparaging actually.

PS .... By the way Knecht ( ATD's Bathing Ape is quite funny Very Happy ), this wouldn't be a snippet from the other afternoon ?
I would be very careful of any information "overheard" from the obvious mouths.
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 10:02 am

I've always liked the partisan Sparksey, although he does wind me up with his shouted "CHADWICKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! Just missed"
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 am

He might've been ok before but he's fallen in with the wrong crowd.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 am

Sparkseys most annoying trait is to go in to some sort of high pitched squeal when we are in on goal. Fans simply want to know if we've scored or not. Something as simple as "Goal 1-0!" or "Feeeeeenneeeeeyyyyyy, Yes!" is all we need.

Even a few seconds later, we're not sure whether we've actually scored or not, a lot of the time.

Always thought Errington was an excellent co-commentator. Listening to Webb just makes me want to rip the straw from his mouth and drag him off his tractor.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:56 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Sparkseys most annoying trait is to go in to some sort of high pitched squeal when we are in on goal. Fans simply want to know if we've scored or not. Something as simple as "Goal 1-0!" or "Feeeeeenneeeeeyyyyyy, Yes!" is all we need.

Even a few seconds later, we're not sure whether we've actually scored or not, a lot of the time.

Always thought Errington was an excellent co-commentator. Listening to Webb just makes me want to rip the straw from his mouth and drag him off his tractor.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:59 am

Penzance wrote:
PS .... By the way Knecht ( ATD's Bathing Ape is quite funny Very Happy ), this wouldn't be a snippet from the other afternoon ?
I would be very careful of any information "overheard" from the obvious mouths.

I actually don't know who bathingape was/is though I've heard about him. Wasn't he actually a player or official at the club?

No, as I said in the discussion elsewhere on here, my info re Gordon Sparkes came from a far more reliable source than the other afternoon.
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 pm

I believe Sparksy's working at R5Live these days, more on the research side than actually presenting. I'm not sure his janner accent is quite ready to be unleashed upon a grateful nation.
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:02 pm

I love everybody.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Iggy wrote:
I love everybody.

Yes I've heard that about you Iggy! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:34 pm

problem is commentators now are all in jon pearce mode - screaming & yelling that an pass to feet 'a superb pass' etc Sleep

all follow this tw#t mode, its annoying, grating & showing lack of knowledge of the game.

i blame jimmy hill for his 'ho ho ho' or 'goal ha ha goal' during world cup 86 - he started it. damn him.

back on topic sparksy a decent fan, those who 'turned' from disliking to liking him did so cos they needed him more than he needed them.

spraksy once announced hayles had given us a 3-2 win at leicester then promtly said ' no its saved'
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyone get the feeling Sparks isn't the biggest fan of Fletch listening to that?
Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 7:41 am

GreenSam wrote:

Anyone get the feeling Sparks isn't the biggest fan of Fletch listening to that?

I haven't bothered listening to Fletchers interview so I wonder if anyone has pressed him about Madjo's spell at the club? Total waste of time sat on the bench every week.

If Fletcher rated him behind the shit we already have then it begs the question why get him in on loan in the first place? If there was a disciplinary issue and Fletcher wanted to show him he wouldn't accept whatever behaviour caused his lack of game time then surely he would've been within his rights to send him back to Aldershot?

The one up front issue is indicative of Argyle's lack of ambition. Fletcher is set on playing that formation yet doesn't seem to know who to play in midfield. Lennox had a good second half yesterday, Gurrierri has shown glimpses here and there. MacDonald out wide, MacDonald in the hole. Young in the centre, young out wide. Lowry the missing piece of the jigsaw, Lowry not good enough so Molesly drafted in.

It's so depressing.

We haven't got a settled midfield or strikers, and once again there will be a change in defence due to Blanchard's sending off. We're one or two injuries away from a crisis yet have probably the largest squad in the league.

If Purse is off in January due to financial issues then we are threadbare in the centre of defence and will need a cheaper replacement.

Our most saleable assets are Berry and Bhasera so what happens if offers come in for them? They will be off in a flash and replaced, if at all by cheaper alternatives.

Sparksy for once has said what others are thinking. He'll probably be snubbed by Fletcher now and it will be left to Larrieu to give us his views on the game and he comes across as too nice to say anything bad about his mates in the team.

At least the cider's good though eh Mike?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:01 am

Ee's got nuffin..........knowwhatimean ?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gordon Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Sparksy   Gordon Sparksy Empty

Back to top Go down

Gordon Sparksy
Page 1 of 1