Dougie
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:32 pm

Quote :
Only1Argyle Jordan Copp + Jed Harper-Penman not having six-month contracts extended when they expire on Dec 31 #pafc More on pafc.co.uk later

Don't know enough about them to comment but there you have it two youngsters given 6 months to prove they were up to it have failed it that regard or perhaps we just couldn't afford to keep them on the off chance. Good luck to them in their future endeavours either way.
Back to top Go down

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:46 pm

I thought Copp was quite highly regarded?

Shame that a few of the senior players couldn't be released instead.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Best of luck to the lads. Still bemused as to how Chadwick and Feeney are knocking about, because they must be on a tidy packet that can be saved.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:12 pm

The thing is, when you have a bloated squad of 30 shit senior pros, you cant afford to give even the more promising kids a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Only1Argyle has tweeted that Isaac Vassell has been offered a 6 month deal.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Fletcher teabagging-

Back to top Go down

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Its sad to see youngsters freed but if they aren't given the opportunity to prove their worth in competitive games as we have no reserve team as mad as that soundsm there is only one outcome im afraid.

I hope both find new clubs and prove this incompetent club wrong.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah, No
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Good Luck to them. In hindsight getting out of this omnishambles of a club might turn out to be the best thing that could happen to them.

The farce is that we have no reserve team, therefore no games for youngsters. They really should have shown their outstanding talent in training. Those walls wont climb themselves. Still, the club will have shed another massive burden off the wage bill.

Anybody want to hazard a guess at who the biggest burden is? I'd take a stab at clueless. Thats why they shut the mayflower.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:39 pm

seadog wrote:
Yeah, No

That is brilliant. lol!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm

It might actually be a good thing for the boys. They might well find a club that has the sense to nurture them and "manage" them better.
Back to top Go down

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Fletcher teabagging-

So Chadwick must make a cracking cuppa to get picked
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Are there any recent examples of us releasing youth players and them going on to great things? I was trying to think of players we've released in the past but none of them seem to have gone onto much.

Ryan Leonard is at Southend now and Scott Laird ended up at Preston. Are there any others who made a career at professional level? Jake Moult is at Altrincham and Dan Smith at Weymouth. I think Lloyd Saxton and Matt Rikard both play abroad now, but I'm not sure at what level.

The reason I ask is that every season when we release some youth players you get loads of posts on internet forums saying that it is a mistake and that they'll eventually be playing in for Bristol City or whoever and we'll have missed out on a big fee, but is there any recent evidence for that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Are there any recent examples of us releasing youth players and them going on to great things? I was trying to think of players we've released in the past but none of them seem to have gone onto much.

Ryan Leonard is at Southend now and Scott Laird ended up at Preston. Are there any others who made a career at professional level? Jake Moult is at Altrincham and Dan Smith at Weymouth. I think Lloyd Saxton and Matt Rikard both play abroad now, but I'm not sure at what level.

The reason I ask is that every season when we release some youth players you get loads of posts on internet forums saying that it is a mistake and that they'll eventually be playing in for Bristol City or whoever and we'll have missed out on a big fee, but is there any recent evidence for that?

Ryan Dickson,Damien McCrory,Sean Morrison,all released in the Sturrock mark2 era,not sure about the whole story with Morrison-i think Byrne may have pinched him from us for Swindon.He scored for Reading against Man U last week.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Ryan Dickson,Damien McCrory,Sean Morrison,all released in the Sturrock mark2 era,not sure about the whole story with Morrison-i think Byrne may have pinched him from us for Swindon.He scored for Reading against Man U last week.

We definitely got a fee for McCrory, rather than having him released. Not sure whether we got one for Dickson. Morrison is definitely one that got away, although that was a while ago now. It's not as if there are a lot of examples of players making it big after we've let them go. That doesn't of course mean that letting Copp go is not a mistake, but people use to rave about Liam Head, and he disappeared completely after being let go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 pm

I thought one of the KPI's that Brent had put in place for Fletcher was to develop and nurture the young players? Not sure how that squares with releasing the young lad that seems to be generally recognised as the best of the crop (Copp). Another baffling decision, but it'll have to get in the queue behind all the other baffling decisions we've had to endure recently.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Copp is going to be a very very good player. Stupid decision that. Watch him go and prove himself at another club, Vassell is a poor player, really dont understand these decisions.... yet again i find myself saying that.
Back to top Go down

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
I thought one of the KPI's that Brent had put in place for Fletcher was to develop and nurture the young players? Not sure how that squares with releasing the young lad that seems to be generally recognised as the best of the crop (Copp). Another baffling decision, but it'll have to get in the queue behind all the other baffling decisions we've had to endure recently.

Brent has said many things that are a pile of shit. Developing youth players being one of them.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 am

Anybody else on this forum foundation members if so have you thought about stopping being members?What have we been spending our hard earned reddies on?I will not give this club one more penny until Fletcher is gone for good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kids Let Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids Let Go   Kids Let Go Empty

Back to top Go down

Kids Let Go
Page 1 of 1