Rickler
Sir Francis Drake
Grovehill
Mock Cuncher
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Assets at Home Park? Empty
PostSubject: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 am

I was wondering about Brent's land that is now in his pension portfolio. If we went into administration would that land be seen as an asset of the club or James Brent?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 am

That's Brent's as you well know.

The asset strip is almost complete. Now just to grind that pesky football club into dust...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 am

Not so sure, I mean is it legal to take assets out of a business and then enter administration immediately or is there a time limit? Could I transfer the deeds to my house to my pension fund then go bankrupt? It's ok I know the answer to the last one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 am

You spelt asses wrong.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Brent bought the land. He made sure he got it valued beforehand as well.

No flies on Jamesie boy, and the shit won't stick either.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Whatever assets PAFC have left might be needed sooner rather than later.

Bristol City have announced loses of £14.4 million for the financial year to June 2012, during which time PAFC's new Director was Chairman.

Aren't you glad he's bringing his wealth of experience to Home Park? (I presumed Siroy & Toddy were unavailable)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 pm

We have one of the finest art galleries in the World in the Devonport End.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Heard from a reliable source the other day that apparently Argyle are again on stop with a lot of suppliers for unpaid bills Sad

That won't come as any surprise to most of us who could see through the bullshit many months ago Sad
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 pm

I can't get too worked up about the asset stripping of the land. It has never been effectively used by the club and was only owned by Argyle at all for a few years during which nothing continued to happen to it. At least with it gone we are no longer a viable target for the Kagamies and Todds of this world, all that property speculation becomes someone elses problem and we can go back to being a proper football club again like we used to be.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Thats a good point SFD. Our problems only started when the freehold was bought & the ears of every spiv in the land pricked up.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:07 pm

I don't think you could be more wrong, Sir Frannie...

Everyone else in the world seems to want to own property, except Plymouth Argyle Football club and some of its fans.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:22 pm

The problem isn't the freehold being bought. The problem is the freehold being bought by the wrong people.

If someone like Madjeski had bought Argyle instead of Reading all those years ago, things could have been rather peachy.

Reading get Madjeski. We get the Duchess of Derriford and her Chuckle Brother lookalike husband.

Typical.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Rickler wrote:
I don't think you could be more wrong, Sir Frannie...

Everyone else in the world seems to want to own property, except Plymouth Argyle Football club and some of its fans.

Czarcasm has nailed it. But on the other hand municipal ownership of the stadium is common in Europe and it doesn't seem to have held Juventus or any number of other clubs back. It doesn't matter who owns it. What matters is what they do with it. Our problem is that nobody has ever done anything.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Actually I think SFD has nailed it. Swansea's ground is municipally owned. Our city council either want nothing to do with Argyle or are a total bunch of muppets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 pm

HP has been council owned for all but around 3 years of Argyle's existence....3 years when it all went tits up !
Agreed that it needn't be a problem with the right sort of owner but they are few & far between & if not owning it means all the spivs walk on by then I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 am

Czarcasm wrote:
The problem isn't the freehold being bought. The problem is the freehold being bought by the wrong people.

I agree but ownership of the freehold isn't necessary to develope a stadium as Torquay United have proved.

Previous owner Mike Bateson gave his failure to secure the freehold of Plainmoor as his reason for being unable to develope the grandstand as his successors have done yet at the same time acknowledge that his autonomous and single minded business attitude was the reason he could not share ownership and decision making as they do. Proper use of football and government funding has enabled them to top up their own investment for this project.

Local authority ownership of Home Park was described as "benign" by the late Michael Foote and how right he was..........so called self ownership of the ground was never "benign" for the supporters of Plymouth Argyle because those charged with directing it's business did not have benign intent and neither does the current ownership.

All the supporters have left is a shell of a club owned by a property and business entrepreneur who will continue to run it as a shadow exercise to front his property speculation irrespective of the fate that befalls that club as a footballing entity. In exchange for the cudos of recognition, certain buffoons and inveiglers have wormed their way into his confidence to "advise" on how how "praaper supporters" feel and expect him to run the club on their behalf and what you see before you now is the result.

Perhaps the answer is to asassinate Nool and his barmy politburo, because getting rid of Brent now is impossible!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 am

merse wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I agree but ownership of the freehold isn't necessary to develope a stadium as Torquay United have proved.

Previous owner Mike Bateson gave his failure to secure the freehold of Plainmoor as his reason for being unable to develope the grandstand as his successors have done yet at the same time acknowledge that his autonomous and single minded business attitude was the reason he could not share ownership and decision making as they do. Proper use of football and government funding has enabled them to top up their own investment for this project.

Local authority ownership of Home Park was described as "benign" by the late Michael Foote and how right he was..........so called self ownership of the ground was never "benign" for the supporters of Plymouth Argyle because those charged with directing it's business did not have benign intent and neither does the current ownership.

All the supporters have left is a shell of a club owned by a property and business entrepreneur who will continue to run it as a shadow exercise to front his property speculation irrespective of the fate that befalls that club as a footballing entity. In exchange for the cudos of recognition, certain buffoons and inveiglers have wormed their way into his confidence to "advise" on how how "praaper supporters" feel and expect him to run the club on their behalf and what you see before you now is the result.

Perhaps the answer is to asassinate Nool and his barmy politburo, because getting rid of Brent now is impossible!

It's now entirely possible that the fans have been yet again shafted from the top, the guy seemed so fluffy and nice but when you breakdown what he actually says it's so obvious he's the babyfaced assassin. Don't forget he was trained through the american shyster organisation CitiGroup so don't expect any favours. What really gets me is how he has grown a company at such rapid speed from 2009, and what is he really worth? or is it leveraged front, back and sides! This won't end well for fans, could be Ridsdale with a smiley bespeckle face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:05 am

That said the council couldn't wait to sell the freehold and It might have worked but greedy piggy eyed and inept accountants decided that the football was no longer important compared to making large sums of money for themselves
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:02 am

First time round, the Council were falling over themselves to offload the freehold purely because it would then exempt them from any possible obligation to assist with financing the mythical Phase 2.

A few million would have been small change back then, in comparison to the £43 million that that fuckin monstrosity of a Life Centre cost.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:27 am

Where do your directors sit Merse? I bet some snouts would be put well out of joint if they had to sit with the commoners.

If Brent is funding our Grandstand, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with something like that. No offence, like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:38 am

If Brent is funding the grandstand, not that he ever will, it would probably be something more like this.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:53 am

Ooh look! They even do them in green! I must email James.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 am

That my friends is the future, it's so feckin sad.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Where do your directors sit Merse? I bet some snouts would be put well out of joint if they had to sit with the commoners.
If Brent is funding our Grandstand, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with something like that. No offence, like.

No offence taken Czarcasm, it is a wonderful vantage point, a hell of a lot better than it's predecessor and fully paid for unlike one or two "up the road" that I could mention. I think your's would be much improved with yellow seating and OUR name emblazoned on it ~ could that be kindly done before Boxing Day please? Very Happy

As for where the Torquay directors watch the home games from they are a disparate lot.............a few sit in the new stand on the halfway line, a few more behind the goal in the segregated seating in the Family Stand and Chairman Simon Baker can usually be found on the Popside Terrace in his replica shirt and alongside his brother and his long time mates to chat to

I reckon "Bakes" has more knowledge of football in the lining of his anus than Fool Nool and the Baby Faced Asset Stripper have in their combined brains to be honest............and if I suggested that those brains are combined within one skull it would have to be the one with specky's on the front of it wouldn't it?

Last edited by merse on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:40 pm

merse wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

No offence taken Czarcasm, it is a wonderful vantage point, a hell of a lot better than it's predecessor and fully paid for unlike one or two "up the road" that I could mention.

As for where the Torquay directors watch the home games from they are a disparate lot.............a few sit in the new stand on the halfway line, a few more behind the goal in the segregated seating in the Family Stand and Chairman Simon Baker can usually be found on the Popside Terrace in his replica shirt and alongside his brother and his long time mates to chat to

I reckon "Bakes" has more knowledge of football in the lining of his anus than Fool Nool and the Baby Faced Asset Stripper have in their combined brains to be honest............and if I suggested that those brains are combined within one skull it would have to be the one with specky's on the front of it wouldn't it?

All probably true. We are now PAVFC No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assets at Home Park?   Assets at Home Park? Empty

Back to top Go down

Assets at Home Park?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next