11 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:15 am

Linked with the DoF job at Argyle;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Always had a lot of time for John Ward,pretty decent record as a manager,i remember he was a victim of one the more cruel sackings in football history after getting Bristol City promotion and being given the bullet after about five games of the following season.The Bristol City guy who writes in the Indy says that it was a massive mistake and set the club back years-he was pretty good at Rovers and Cheltenham,too.Very decent bloke as well [not that that counts for much in football management],it'll be interesting to see what power and influence he wields should he be appointed.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 am

Doesn't seem the type to push bits of paper round the desk and do a bit of occasional shredding. The link with Sexstone seems to add some plausibility but if he's a Sexstone man it could lead to some tension with Fletcher. On the other hand looks like a manager in waiting should push come to shove (...Fletcher out the door)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:35 am

With the Sextone link it certainly makes sense. But this DOF model, especially with clueless as 'manager', is doomed to failure. Our only hope is to get rid of the dangerously incompetent buffoon completely from home park. All the 'mentoring' and 'advice' in the world cannot help this complete idiot. Clueless MUST be IMMEDIATELY sacked completely from the club. He is far worse than shit.

CLUELESS OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

Dougie wrote:
Doesn't seem the type to push bits of paper round the desk and do a bit of occasional shredding. The link with Sexstone seems to add some plausibility but if he's a Sexstone man it could lead to some tension with Fletcher. On the other hand looks like a manager in waiting should push come to shove (...Fletcher out the door)

Sounds like fun to watch then.
Back to top Go down

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

He's got a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to his managerial career, but he cannot possibly be worse than Fletcher alone.

My worry is that if we stay up by the skin of our teeth again that Fletcher will want to go solo again like he did after Deehan's short stay, which still looks as though it was him being onboard that kept us up.

I would say that the DOF idea is the death knell for Fletcher anyway. He almost certainly doesn't want the help and if results start to improve it will once again look like it is the experienced former manager having the nous rather than Fletcher that is making the difference.

Just get rid of the numpty and be done with it.
Back to top Go down

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 am

Lets hope the first bit of paperwork Ward has to deal with is a P45 for Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 am

If there's a tiny bit of hope here, it is that Brent (for whatever bizarre reason) can't bring himself to axe Fletcher. So, he brings in Sexstone and Ward/ANother, who basically tell him, "Fletch is shit, get rid". Brent then (reluctantly) axes Fletch cos' it's on the advice of two 'football' people.

Plausible? Possible? Or am I clutching at any straw I can find? Sad
Back to top Go down

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

Czarcasm wrote:
If there's a tiny bit of hope here, it is that Brent (for whatever bizarre reason) can't bring himself to axe Fletcher. So, he brings in Sexstone and Ward/ANother, who basically tell him, "Fletch is shit, get rid". Brent then (reluctantly) axes Fletch cos' it's on the advice of two 'football' people.

Plausible? Possible? Or am I clutching at any straw I can find? Sad

The danger being that the new guys also recognise Fletcher as an outstanding individual and they persuade Brent to give him a better contract Razz
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

I'm warming to him as a manager the more I read about him. We need someone who can make a silk purse out of a sows a**hole.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 am

If we were looking for a manager silent he's probs about the best we could hope for.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 am

WE ARE SHIT AND WE ARE IN THE SHIT BRENT FACE UP TO IT!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:24 am

Even without perusing his CV, this Ward guy looks to me like fookin' Bill Shankly next to CARL THE CLUELESS "WORST ARGYLE CAPTAIN EVER, WORST ARGYLE MANAGER EVER" FLETCH THE WRETCHED

(CTCWACEWAMEFTW for short)

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:35 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Even without perusing his CV, this Ward guy looks to me like fookin' Bill Shankley next to CARL THE CLUELESS "WORST ARGYLE CAPTAIN EVER, WORST ARGYLE MANAGER EVER" FLETCH THE WRETCHED

(CTCWACEWAMEFTW for short)

To the tune of Tennessse sidewalk;

Bertie Mee
Said to Bill Shankly
Heard of the North bank Highbury?
Bill said no
I don't think so
But i've heard of the Argyle boot boys

Na na na na na na etc

Happy days.

Back to top Go down
lloyd_down_under

lloyd_down_under

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:04 am

This is what a Carlisle-supporting friend had to say about JW:

"I think you know my views on old John. His football is prosaic and one-dimensional but seems to work, the big problem is when he gets in a crisis he has no plan B. Don’t forget that in his first season at Carlisle we finished fourth and but for a Devon Loch style collapse would have been promoted. I wouldn’t call Ward a harbinger of the Corinthian spirit but we played pretty well that year – lads like Marc Bridge-Wilkinson don’t find a home in hoofball teams. It’s true that a lot was built from Graham up front and we did love a 4-5-1 but it was quite fluid at times.

Ward’s real Achilles heel for us was that he brought in some absolute stinkers on decent whack – Josh Gowling, Ben Williams, Grant Smith – and that’d be a concern where he’ll have a look at player recruitment.

All that said, he’s inarguably better suited to an oversight role than a nitty gritty one. The players I’ve spoken to about him labelled his coaching as absolutely shocking and his man-management as lacking. But he is a good figurehead and does have that ‘been there, done that’ experience which would benefit someone like Fletcher so I don’t think it’d be a terrible appointment."
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:09 am

Did I mention I'm cooling to him as a manager the more I read.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 am

PAVFC Run by Avivas for Avivas. It just gets worse and worse........................................ as predicted.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Dougie wrote:

It was reported in the Herald last week that Sexstone said the DoF will be termed the care-taker Manager.
Back to top Go down

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm

lloyd_down_under wrote:
This is what a Carlisle-supporting friend had to say about JW:

"I think you know my views on old John. His football is prosaic and one-dimensional but seems to work, the big problem is when he gets in a crisis he has no plan B. Don’t forget that in his first season at Carlisle we finished fourth and but for a Devon Loch style collapse would have been promoted. I wouldn’t call Ward a harbinger of the Corinthian spirit but we played pretty well that year – lads like Marc Bridge-Wilkinson don’t find a home in hoofball teams. It’s true that a lot was built from Graham up front and we did love a 4-5-1 but it was quite fluid at times.

Ward’s real Achilles heel for us was that he brought in some absolute stinkers on decent whack – Josh Gowling, Ben Williams, Grant Smith – and that’d be a concern where he’ll have a look at player recruitment.

All that said, he’s inarguably better suited to an oversight role than a nitty gritty one. The players I’ve spoken to about him labelled his coaching as absolutely shocking and his man-management as lacking. But he is a good figurehead and does have that ‘been there, done that’ experience which would benefit someone like Fletcher so I don’t think it’d be a terrible appointment."

Not the most glowing of reports but his direct style might be what is needed to turn our fortunes around. The only problem is that Fletcher appears stubborn and in effect the DOF would be assisting the manager and any decent advice might get ignored.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 pm

His managerial record isn't exactly sensational but the good probably outbalances the bad in terms of results. Lets just him have straight in there as caretaker manager for a month or so(he'd be a far better bet than Purse or Wotton), let him go through the proper application process for the permanent job like everyone else and then make a decision on who to appoint long-term. That'd be the sensible thing to do.
Back to top Go down

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:25 pm

If he was too good....he would make Fletcher look a clown.
Back to top Go down

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 pm

ZYPH wrote:
If he was too good....he would make Fletcher look a clown.
If he turns out to be absolute dogshit as a manager, he will still be a hundred times better than Agent Clueless santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward   Ward Empty

Back to top Go down

Ward
Page 1 of 1