Han Solos Other Ship
akagreengull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 am

Radio Devon this morning on the early sports report, Said the following "Plymouth Argyle's embattled manager Carl Fletcher, insists he will continue to try and turn things around".
That's all I need to know, to make the decision to keep my £20 firmly in my wallet this Saturday. Enjoy the ride as they say.
affraid
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 am

Christ.

I can see that he's not a quitter which is to be respected, but surely he needs to be the bigger man and accept maybe it's a bit to much for him at this point?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:46 am

He's quit mentally, but not legally/financially.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:54 am

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
Christ.

I can see that he's not a quitter which is to be respected, but surely he needs to be the bigger man and accept maybe it's a bit to much for him at this point?

Respected ? He won't get a job anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

I can respect him for not walking away tbf.

Sadly, it's probably just the money as to why.....
Back to top Go down

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 am

I'm old school and don't like how little loyalty there is in football these days. Players move clubs every couple of years to get a signing on fee and managers practically give interviews saying they want any high profile jib going, despite being employed by someone else.

I would prefer it if managers and players had to see out their contracts but it just won't happen.

Fletchers probably no more emotionally attached to Argyle than he is to West Ham or Bournemouth so he'll obviously wait to be sacked and collect a nice pay off.

I don't blame him but he's going to come in for some severe shit if we lose on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:13 am

If he walks he walks away from a payoff, Brent probably won't sack him because he's too fuckin tight. Argyle is like a huge lumbering elephant wandering into a tar pit, you can see its happening.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Radio Devon this morning on the early sports report, Said the following "Plymouth Argyle's embattled manager Carl Fletcher, insists he will continue to try and turn things around".
That's all I need to know, to make the decision to keep my £20 firmly in my wallet this Saturday. Enjoy the ride as they say.
affraid

I have lost interest in what he says now. He has lost the support of many of the green army and is now trying to sweet talk his way out of it - ''again''.

Sorry Carl,it just ain't working old chap.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Well I'm deffo going on Saturday................................. To watch Albion V Bristol.

Saved myself £6, Better facilities, atmosphere, team effort, beer etc etc.

Sad init!

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:26 pm

This news has probably ensured many diehard regulars finally find something better to do on Saturday
Back to top Go down

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 pm

He'll never walk, if he does he'll kiss goodbye to his "career" in management.

Even Dane Bunney has more chance of getting another job after this than Fletch does lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Not exactly going to make you want to rush to home Park on saturday is it, a team in freefall, a manager who is hanging on (for what) and oh heavy rain forecast.
Back to top Go down

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 pm

The fans have to be patient now, "We'll be working hard, as we always do, to try and get good results and get goof performances"

Talk about a Freudian slip lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Whoops, had seen this little gem earlier. Brent is not going to pay him off, I can't beleive it but he just ain't!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Greenjock wrote:
The fans have to be patient now, "We'll be working hard, as we always do, to try and get good results and get goof performances"

This bit made me larf.

"I could do with a win,"

coz it keeps your job for safe another week. Do one and resign.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Ah the rub of the green, it's always trickey. Don't know what he's complaining about I have seen plenty of "goof " performances this season.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:48 am

Greenjock wrote:

I don't think that anyone involved with football should ever attempt to lecture Argyle fans on patience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Business as usual. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business as usual.   Business as usual. Empty

Back to top Go down

Business as usual.
Page 1 of 1