15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

Chris Webb - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 am

Passed over onto here from Pasoti as asked in the post-

Hi Everyone

I have a lot going on but I wanted to take the time to thank the Green Army for the kind messages of support since the passing of my father on Wednesday. Whether it be online, twitter, text, calls or in person I have been overwhelmed with the messages. If somebody with an ATD account could also post this message on there I would be very grateful as the kind words from there have been equally uplifting.

Dad, like me was a massive Argyle fan. In fact my obsession is his fault Smile Like us all he was proud and disappointed with his team in equal measures. If I had a pound as a kid for every time I heard ‘that was rubbish we aren’t going again boy’ I would be a very rich man.

I remember lots of fantastic games at Argyle with him over the years. He was so proud when I sat with him during the Shilton era, I remember him letting me on the pitch after the Colchester semi final with the instruction to ‘make some money from the coins that people drop’, seeing how proud he was at Wembley and latterly the QPR 2004 game – one of the last he was able to get up to due to mobility.

I remember losing 3-0 at home to Exeter and having a puncture afterwards. As the away fans came out and took the P, Dad kissed his Argyle badge and told them where to go. The Port Vale game in the 90s where there was trouble, Dad stood there with his hand on my shoulder as Vale and Argyle fans ran through the Lyndhurst and said ‘if they come over here they’ll regret it’. They would have done.

Growing up I recall one occasion when he told Mum he was going out for a bag of sugar and returned 8 hours later after sneaking off to Bristol Rovers away.

More recently after every game I would get a blow by blow account of how we played (after he listened to sparksy). Even though he knew I had been to the game he made me relive it all. At the time it drove me crazy. What I would give for one of those rundowns now.

Dad was my inspiration for many things in life, Argyle being one of them. He was proud of me being President and I vow to carry out the role exactly how he would have wanted me to.

My son and I listened to today’s game on Dads radio. That would have definitely been another ‘we aren’t ever going again boy’ match. Like Dad, we’ll be back.

Thanks again. It is tough as many on here have testified but the messages have been such a boost.

I won’t forget that.

Chris x
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Just know that was hard to write, hang on to those memories Chris they are priceless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Thai green wrote:
My heartfelt condolences go out to you Chris and your family, very sad news indeed.

I hope that coward who disrespected thai green's memory sees this.

disgusting human being
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:30 pm

I was trying to find this thread as I knew Phil had posted on it but I couldn't remember where it was.

That "abuse" report earlier has really made me think twice about whether this club is the one I want to continue to support.

It's probably the lowest thing i've seen on this forum so far as a mod. We get some shite coming in but nothing as tasteless and disrespectful as this today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Webb
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2