Dougie
Coxside_Green
Freathy
Flat_Track_Bully
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Brent can't find right Chairman Empty
PostSubject: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think he's having trouble identifying suitable candidates for a variety of club positions, frankly

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:05 pm

I was just about to post this. I glad he realises he isn't the man for the job, I wonder if he has advertised it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:12 pm

That's certainly interesting, but can it be that difficult? I realize it has to be the right person for the job.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Seems to have made a lot more progress assembling a team to deal with property development than he has in assembling a structure to drive forward the football side of things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Just wait for the headline:

BRENT UNVEILS CLUB SAVIOUR AS NEW CHAIRMAN.

As a reward for saving the club SINGLE HANDEDLY, Ian Newell has been appointed as the new Chairman of Plymouth Argyle football club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Just when I thought I might sleep well tonight ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Peggy wrote:

Take a Strepsil and rub some Vic's into your chest Peggy, that'll do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Sounds like an offer there Peggy lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Mike Searle wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Sounds like an offer there Peggy lol!

Strepsil and Vic's to be self-administered obv
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Who's Vic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:19 pm

That guy Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Who's Vic?

Strepsil's other half
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Wish he was looking for a new owner
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Poor old Brenty, not having much luck is he. He's also had to pump funds into the club as not enough customers are attending to support his inexperienced manager and huge squad (whom many just watch games on a match day).

I thought the idea of replacing Ridsdale was to find a new CEO, not a Chairman. Perhaps this is the 1st step to offloading the possibly unwanted (to him) football club?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Yep, it's plain to me that he has already got a bit bored with the footie, and is now bringing forward the time he would like to move on ... just as soon as he wraps up the planning permissions.
I agree that he is right on one score though ... he hasn't the football brain to run a football club.
One more point. This must be the umpteenth season that various owners have overestimated the attendances. They should have asked me, I'm always spot on.
With no improvement next season, crowds will be down another 600 to 1000.... it's just how it is. No doubt Brenty will overestimate once again.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm

I can't believe he expected higher crowds, who went through the numbers with him. I actually think they fairly miraculous and he should be thanking the footballing gods that people continue to come to watch fourth division football in such numbers. Perhaps if they weren't distracted by quoting members rather than season ticket holders it might help (btw it would be interesting to knowhow many white members have renewed after using up their allocated 5 games*)

I'm sure the size of the squad can't help the break even figure. And it's Fletchers effort to perm a team of 11 out a squad of 30ish that's adding to the problem.

(*and another thing remember that FES sponsoring the Devonport End was presented as something of a coup for the commercial/marketing department I wonder if they think signing up 60 business members is a good/great/indifferent number)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 pm

It amazes me still, that Brent thought the likes of Webb n Nool were fans' leaders.
They only lead themselves and a few dozen janner wannabes. Rolling Eyes

Or is there method in his seeming madness ?

Peter Jones is a puzzle too ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 pm

I may have dreamed this, but weren't we told that Brent was engaging a firm of Headhunters to find a new Chief Executive for Argyle? I'm bloody sure there was an announcement to that effect not long after Brent completed the purchase.

Can anyone else confirm this, if only to ease my fear that I'm coming down with the Mad Cow? Because it's a decent Chief Exec. with football experience that the club needs. Most Chairmen are just figureheads anyway.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
It amazes me still, that Brent thought the likes of Webb n Nool were fans' leaders.
They only lead themselves and a few dozen janner wannabes. Rolling Eyes

Or is there method in his seeming madness ?

Peter Jones is a puzzle too ?

The only puzzle to me is that Brent hasn't identified him as Chairman material - having said that, I think Peter Jones has too many skeletons in the cupboard to accept that particular poisoned chalice.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:49 pm

What does Peter Jones bring to the table, though? He handled himself quite well 5 years ago and no doubt made a fair amount of money for himself out of Argyle...but does he have current wealth, ambition, a plan? Or does he just quite like manouevring himself around the back of the Mayflower?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
What does Peter Jones bring to the table, though? He handled himself 5 years ago and no doubt made a fair amount of money for himself out of Argyle... but does he have current wealth, ambition, a plan?

He loves the club, no doubt about that - he's a consumate networker - but he's all consumed by the politics of it all - don't get me wrong politics happens everywhere but for him it's everything. When he was in 'exile' he was all over Pasoti garnering support for and from the anti-Stapleton factions - I get that - now he's back in the boardroom you won't hear a word but he's still pulling strings of course. He doesn't need Pasoti or the internet now - and so he pursuades Chris Webb, Ian Newell, Graham Clark etc to withdraw - they have what they want for the moment and so does he - to be fair that takes quite a lot of skill to pull it off. Just an observation and an opinion mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 pm

And if my memory serves me correctly, in the early days of the administration, pre the Contingency cover story, and when Ridsdale was fanning flames big time, the "London/Jones" gang were not exactly the apple of the eye of the To be Deepthroat elect bunch.
Times have changed obviously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:34 pm

So cant find a plonker to fall in line then? No one up Horgorts way then.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 pm

What has Peter Jones brought to the table?. A short-lived optimistic view amongst the customer base that Brent was the best and only option for PAFC in administration. It's a shame that what skills he does possess have been ignored or not wanted.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:12 pm

I would saythat Peter's crowning glory in his 1st stint on the Board was the 5 year plan that was published and exceeded. The problem now is that the Chairman, notbeing a football fan has very different aims.

Published in the Herald today the Chairman claims his number 1 priority is the enhancement of the customer experience. Mr Jones would say, as I would say and any football fan would say. The number 1 priority is to produce a winning football team and getting promoted out of tbis shit league.

Mr Brent you could have the finest customer experience, comfy seats, 5 star cuisine, restaurants, conference facilities and a choice of goose down or duck down pillows in the hotel next door but no one will come through the door if we are 18th in Division 4.

Give us a 10 game winning streak of boring 1 - 0 wins that takes us to the top of this pub league and you will have crowds of 8 - 9,000 every week. That is the priority of a football club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent can't find right Chairman   Brent can't find right Chairman Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent can't find right Chairman
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next