Exeter Chiefs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Went up their yesterday,great win.You get treated like a fan,not a farm animal.piss it up all through the game,have a smoke anytime outside the ground.Great day out
Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Football fans have always been treated with contempt... even before the violence of the 70s, and if fans only heard half of the comments made by some profesional footballers about their fans, they would never bother to go again.

If you're not in the family section, and look suspiciously under 65, you're viewed as a potential thug, and more latterly even described as freaks and wierdos by people directly involved with the club. Great customer relations I must say.
I've been to the odd Corni ..... oops ... Penzance/Newlyn Pirates games in the last couple of years. What a difference, and what a pleasure ... thousands at the games, colourful, warm hearted, drinking is not a crime and such a great atmosphere.
Exeter must be in seventh heaven.... beating the all star Manchester City yesterday and taking on Barcelona next week. If that were in Penzance, the Pirates would fill a 15,000 stadium.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Is it expensive to go watch the Chiefs?

Watched the Quins at the stoop against Perpignan a year or two back...twas ace but set me back!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
downthetrack

downthetrack

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 pm

£22 standing, £39 to sit down.They must take £££££££££ at the bar.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:33 pm

I'd be standing, then.

It's great for Exeter to have clubs like Leicester, Wasps etc down, not to mention the European competition they face.

Genuinely pleased for them.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
downthetrack

downthetrack

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I'd be standing, then.

It's great for Exeter to have clubs like Leicester, Wasps etc down, not to mention the European competition they face.

Genuinely pleased for them.

I like the way your treated.The stewards a football are like dictators.At the rugby you pay good money but treated with respect
Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:54 pm

I would rather be treated like an animal than waste any time watching fecking rugby. Exeter City Football Club, not any City of Exeter Club, simply because it is in the Premiership of its sport.

Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:00 pm

The Red Star wrote:
I would rather be treated like an animal than waste any time watching fecking rugby. Exeter City Football Club, not any City of Exeter Club, simply because it is in the Premiership of its sport.

I support any team with Exeter in its name
Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:01 pm

The Red Star wrote:
I would rather be treated like an animal than waste any time watching fecking rugby. Exeter City Football Club, not any City of Exeter Club, simply because it is in the Premiership of its sport. now now red, just cause they are very succesful and you arn't , does not mean you should get all bitter! cheers

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

You can watch the Champions League winners at Stamford Bridge for £36.

£39 for a seat to watch Exeter at Rugby? That is laughable.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Penzance wrote:
Football fans have always been treated with contempt... even before the violence of the 70s, and if fans only heard half of the comments made by some profesional footballers about their fans, they would never bother to go again.

If you're not in the family section, and look suspiciously under 65, you're viewed as a potential thug, and more latterly even described as freaks and wierdos by people directly involved with the club. Great customer relations I must say.
I've been to the odd Corni ..... oops ... Penzance/Newlyn Pirates games in the last couple of years. What a difference, and what a pleasure ... thousands at the games, colourful, warm hearted, drinking is not a crime and such a great atmosphere.
Exeter must be in seventh heaven.... beating the all star Manchester City yesterday and taking on Barcelona next week. If that were in Penzance, the Pirates would fill a 15,000 stadium.

I was thinking the same as I went to get into the game at Wycombe. Before handing over my £22 after travelling nearly 100 miles to get to a football match on a wet and windy Tuesday night this middle aged father of three was subject to a search and pat down for the crime of, get this, wearing a padded jacket. Yes because sir you could have anything hidden in there. Just bonkers. At least the stewards were anonymous inside the ground. But it kind of puts you off and the fact is that football fans put up with the nonsense it's almost a badge of honour that they have to be treated this way. Shows how 'hard' we are I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exeter Chiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs
Page 1 of 1