Should we be cynical about.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Should we be cynical about..... Empty
PostSubject: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 am

James Brent, at this negatively reactive time, appointing Fletcher permanently or was he just being genuinely football naive?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:25 am

As many have pointed out he needed someone on the cheap, Fletch fit that bill.

His continued support of Fletcher is part of Brent's management style I think. He has mentioned before that as a non-footballing man he sees the revolving door of managers as baffling and that very few businesses succeed through such instability. Its an admirable statement and probably quite true. It only works though if you have absolute confidence that the right person medium/long terms in is place.

What he's approaching though is that point where the customers are up in arms. Attendances have held up well so far, remarkably. If attendances drop Fletcher may well be in trouble, although of course the season ticket money has already been banked. I think Fletch is safe until Christmas as we'll pick up the odd win here and there.

Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:29 am

What was it Newell naively said not more than a few weeks after JB came on board, something about James and his family have really got the football bug, they are big fans now etc. Well if that's the case then flaming well do something about it Mr Brent. I am sure Brent was football naive at the time, very much so but a year later surely he can see we have no football experience from top to bottom off the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 am

Carl the clueless is cheap. I'm sure brent was 'advised' by people who clearly know f*** all that clueless bleeds green and was a good 'leader' both on the pitch and in the dressing room. Brent wasn't going to waste time and money bringing in a proper manager so was more than happy to heed the 'advice'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 am

I think he cares but more out of a sense of prestige. You'd like to think that if you bought a team, you'd want them to be winning games and winning trophies as it's pretty nice as a rich bloke to go to a meeting with another rich bloke and have that to comment upon after the meeting is done. Sadly, I don't think the whole "bug" thing is true and it's just Newell propaganda to get his seat in the box on a Saturday. I think he cares about planning permission and building things that are totally unrelated to a football club.

The honeymoon period and the Brent love-in seems to be on the wane now and I think we'll see an awful lot of back peddling soon once the tide begins to turn.

I just want a team I can be proud of.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 am

whats the matter with you all ?

JUST BE GRATEFUL WE HAVE A CLUB TO FOLLOW lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 am

I said early on that the measure of the man would not be seen when things were going (relatively) well but when things were hard.

We'll see now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 am

swampy wrote:
What was it Newell naively said not more than a few weeks after JB came on board, something about James and his family have really got the football bug, they are big fans now etc. Well if that's the case then flaming well do something about it Mr Brent. I am sure Brent was football naive at the time, very much so but a year later surely he can see we have no football experience from top to bottom off the pitch.

Don't you dare mention James Brent's children. I'll send you a white feather you coward!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:36 am

I feel sorry for Fletch, he should never have taken the job and should've stayed as captain.

He just isn't up to the job.

If we were a team with a competitive budget (a real one) then he may have a chance, but not this job he's doing it with one hand tied behind his back.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:50 pm

You only need to be semi-literate to look in the paper and see that "the biggest City never to have a team in the top flight" is languishing in the bottom quarter of the basement League.

If, like most fans, you're not happy about that, you moan.

However, if you're a fan who can actually do something about it.........................
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:10 pm

fletcher couldnt stay as captain - he was finished as a player.
may as well have him as manager instead of paying him off.

like purse this season - extended contract in the summer then injured................

Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Greenjock wrote:
swampy wrote:

Don't you dare mention James Brent's children. I'll send you a white feather you coward!
In a PM no doubt you hypocritical cowardly porcine slob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:07 pm

swampy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
swampy wrote:

In a PM no doubt you hypocritical cowardly porcine slob.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we be cynical about.....   Should we be cynical about..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we be cynical about.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: