Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)

Go down 
+11
oxfordgreen
Highwayman
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
hippo
akagreengull
Freathy
Flat_Track_Bully
GreenWhiteBlack
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Despite Hourihane hitting a post in the last minute it seems Jake Cole kept us in it with some 2nd half wondersaves.
1-1 against 2nd from bottom.....look how much we are improving, give Fletcher another 8-10 years we might finally get out of this division. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 pm

eighteenth, and two wins in ten games ,thats crap even by fourth division deadwood standards, clueless out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 pm

A win on Saturday or I'm writing part two of what's happened in the 12 months since Brent took over!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:57 pm

The thing is at the final whistle Webb and that other belter were singing the teams praises.....unbelievable!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Despite Hourihane hitting a post in the last minute it seems Jake Cole kept us in it with some 2nd half wondersaves.
1-1 against 2nd from bottom.....look how much we are improving, give Fletcher another 8-10 years we might finally get out of this division. Evil or Very Mad
fooking hell punchie why have you gone all aviva? it will be at least thirty years of this crap, before we finsh seventh on goal difference and make the playoffs, only to lose ten nil over two legs to taunton town!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 pm

From Chris Errington's twitter-

Carl Fletcher: "We could have got three points but we could have got none. It must have been a great game to watch."
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:17 pm

From Chris Errington's twitter-

Fletcher was disappointed with Argyle's decision-making on the ball in the second half, after they had equalsied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:26 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
The thing is at the final whistle Webb and that other belter were singing the teams praises.....unbelievable!!!

The more Webb carries on preaching his propaganda, the less people will listen & more will switch off.

He does himself no favours as a poor mans spin doctor & neither does the BBC giving him a platform to spout his crap. Hardly BBC impartiality is it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Just back from the game and it wasn't a bad match. It was spoilt by the ref and one of the linesman who were crap!
Just some of their calls were strange, very one sided towards the home team. Some nasty tackles by Wycombe and not even a warning.

Laugh of the night was Baz fouled for the umpteenth time. While he is receiving treatment, the crowd has gone quiet, an Argyle fan shouts out in very clear, precise, ‘posh-ish’ voice ‘referee that is the 3rd or 4th time he has been targeted by them. When are you going to do something about it? ‘ The crowd start laughing and as it goes quiet again someone else shouts out ‘ you are the most polite supporter I have ever heard!’
Laughing

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Was it a good point gained or two dropped Mog?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Two dropped. We were the better of two poor sides!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 pm

Again Mad
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:23 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Just back from the game and it wasn't a bad match. It was spoilt by the ref and one of the linesman who were crap!
Just some of their calls were strange, very one sided towards the home team. Some nasty tackles by Wycombe and not even a warning.

Laugh of the night was Baz fouled for the umpteenth time. While he is receiving treatment, the crowd has gone quiet, an Argyle fan shouts out in very clear, precise, ‘posh-ish’ voice ‘referee that is the 3rd or 4th time he has been targeted by them. When are you going to do something about it? ‘ The crowd start laughing and as it goes quiet again someone else shouts out ‘ you are the most polite supporter I have ever heard!’
Laughing

Have to agree it was funny. Apart from that i think we should have won tonight it was williams fault for the goal we conceded i was disapointed we didn't get the winner after pulling it back.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am

Just got home long after REAL fans has tucked each other up in bed. I thought it was a game that no one deserved to win. Argyle were good for 20 mins in the 2nd half before everything petered out until 5mins of injury time when they would have scored bar a wonder save from Cole and we could have won if we managed to force a headed scramble for a ball across the line.

The rest was ordinary against the 2nd worse side in the league so far this year and in a game that their fans pre game expected to get mullered in. Their goal was due to awful defending all the way through the Argyle back four. Ainsworth skinned and I mean right royally skinned Williams before a pleasing cross that somehow there player managed to get onto between two Argyle defenders. Cue the inquest with Purse berating all around him whilst quite at fault himself (a pattern for the game on his part summed up by an awful rushed free kick deep in our half that went directly to their player).

I thought the ref was okish. Talked to the players explaining each decision and giving fair warning before booking someone Jenkins booking being a case in point.

I'm a little fed up with seeing Fletchers work in process. It isn't baring enough dividends at the moment. The passing is more laboured and less incisive than it should be or needs to be with little urgency. Feeney works so hard for no reward because by the time the ball gets to him the other teams defence has sorted itself out.

Having said that tonight was better than Dagenham and Redbridge but that was truly awful.

Haven't read other reports or heard the rah rah rousing reports of the President but this was disappointing fare. I don't believe Wycombe would look enviously at any of our players and I would say they are a team destined for Conference fodder unless a new manager turns them round.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 am

A couple of other musings. Not sure about PCH coming on as a striker for Madjo. I don't how he scored goals for Woking but I'm sure it wasnt by running diagonally from the penalty spot to the junction of the 18 yard box and dead ball line. And a cameo by Griffiths who came up a old wily pro in Doherty and got no change from him.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:40 am

Oh and another thing you can tell how dull it was at some points during the match when the fellas behind us starting talking about how windy it has been in Looe.

And finally I can't shake off the notion that we are playing in the 4th division of the football league and still aren't that good.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:51 am

Oh and I hadn't clocked this at the time. Perm two from five.

Quote :
Only1Argyle The Pilgrims have now used five players in the two striking positions
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks Dougie, you seem to give a very realistic and objective view. We all have to remember time and again that this is the Fourth Division and we must expect better.

Old Mouldy's far too much of an Aviva Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 am

And as if all of us knowing we are crap was not enough, read Carl the clueless (pinched from Freathy) and weep.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 pm

I realise I'm probably going to get a kicking for this over here but I posted this on PASOTI regarding last night's match:

I've been critical of Argyle both on and off the pitch this season but credit where it is due, I thought we were very good tonight. This was the first game in a run of three that I will be able to attend and it's really whetted my appetite, it's been a long time since I've left an Argyle game feeling so positive. The reason for this? We have a team that is actually attempting to play football the right way and keep the ball on the deck. It's not perfect yet, more players are needed and there's a long way to go but I'm very encouraged by what I saw last night. Couldn't believe I still heard the odd criticism of Hourihane for playing backwards; if any of you are reading this I honestly don't think football is the game for you. Madjo's first touch was very good for most of the night, held the ball up well, brought others into the game and fully deserved his goal. MacDonald was a real handful down the right and can whip a wicked cross in and Bhasera played well until he went off too. Defence looks shaky to me... not sure what has happened since last season but Purse and Blanchard look uncomfortable and Williams is very susceptible to pace, was left completely flat footed for the goal. Jake Cole was superb... possibly at slight fault for the goal but more than made up for it with two brilliant saves near the end of the game, we need to tie him down to a longer contract as soon as possible, I'd have him down as one of the best keepers in the league. I thought we did more than enough to deserve the 3 points and if we play like that for the rest of the season I reckon we'll be ok.

Roll on Saturday!

Addendum: I think it's all a question of perspective with Argyle at the moment. I don't think we'll be challenging for promotion any time soon and so until that happens I'm happy to watch the team attempt to play some decent football. I've supported Argyle since I was 6 and I'm 32 now so seen them at the heights and depths and can honestly say that I enjoy it in the lower leagues as much as I ever did in the Championship. Football has become such a manufactured product these days that I prefer going to the terraces of Barnet than the cushioned seats of Arsenal, it feels more like home to me! It's not that I'm not ambitious for my club, my one wish is to see them play in Europe (!) but that is clearly not going to happen any time soon and in the meantime I'm quite content to have a few pints with my mates, look for the positives and get behind the team on the field.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 pm

It's alright for you droly, some of us don't have mates.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Happy to hear it all Droly, you've made your points and given your opinion in a perfectly comprehensible manner. The natural instinct on here is to be cautious over signs of an approving team. You shouldn't get a kicking for your views but I have to point out we were playing the 91st best league team and some of us just expect better.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:20 pm

It's alright for you droly - some of us aren't 32.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Just make some up like I do.

Dingle wrote:
It's alright for you droly - some of us aren't 32.

It's the internet Dingle, you can be whatever you want... I'm actually a 67 year old semi retired charity shop worker named Mavis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)   Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Wycombe Match Thread (sponsored by Dillon aged 2 but still a PASB voter)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next