Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan Empty
PostSubject: Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan   Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:10 am

Should score goals in this league. Still only 29 and was available on a free transfer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan   Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:15 am

Greenjock wrote:
Should score goals in this league. Still only 29 and was available on a free transfer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he comes with more baggage than a suitcase merchant he can score if his attitude is on footy but i cant see him staying there long under McGhee they are bound to fall out tbh
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan   Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 7:54 am

Good signing. Bristol Rovers clearly fear us with our 32 year old crocked unfit part timer who will more than likely never take to the pitch for us again.

BRENT OUT!!!!
FLETCHER OUT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan   Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:03 am

Desperation, a canny move, or a signing that shows ambition?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan   Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 am

If his head was straight he'd be pissing the CCC. That's the rub of it. Its either a car crash or inspired. Personally I would have loved to have seen the signing. At this level you've got to chance your arm and believe that as a manager you have the discipline and ability to motivate the player.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan   Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 am

He's a very good player, remember seeing him score quite a few times for Hibs, he'll do very well in this league in my opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan   Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 am

With Harrold out for the season, he had to get someone in. Riordan will either make this league look like a piece of piss and rack up more goals than Sean McCarthy's had hot pasties, or he'll flip completely and be back up the road before you know it.

I'd loved to have seen him at Argyle, even allowing for his somewhat volatile nature. In fact I wouldn't have said no to Matt Harrold either. When he's fit, and if Riordan comes good, that's two very good forwards they've got there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan   Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Rovers sign Derek Riordan
Page 1 of 1