oxfordgreen
Elias
Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? Empty
PostSubject: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:57 am

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert wants to snap up out-of-favour Newcastle star Dan Gosling.

Lambert is a fan of the midfielder who has fought back from injury but is now stuck on the fringes of Alan Pardew’s side.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 pm

His career has stalled somewhat since leaving Everton. At one stage it was he getting picked over Rodwell.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
His career has stalled somewhat since leaving Everton. At one stage it was he getting picked over Rodwell.

Should have stayed there instead of being greedy for money. Not to mention costing us money when he walked out on Everton for Newcastle
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:16 am

thats all I need the villa fan i work with going on & on about how we let him leave for a pittance ............... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:12 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
thats all I need the villa fan i work with going on & on about how we let him leave for a pittance ............... Sad

To be fair we did have add ons in the deal but because Dan walked out we got zip Sad He wont be getting a warm welcome back here if he ever graces home park again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Renegade wrote:

To be fair we did have add ons in the deal but because Dan walked out we got zip Sad He wont be getting a warm welcome back here if he ever graces home park again

I think a jammy cup draw is the only chance of that happening.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:45 pm

I always liked gosling good luck to him, i can see him play often at villa.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Renegade wrote:

Some people may claim it was Everton's fault, I think the Gosling camp claim they reneged on an offer. Some ambiguity in the contract I think. Either way, lost us money. He still visits often, saw him in the Cherry Tree the other week with Joe Mason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Renegade wrote:

Some people may claim it was Everton's fault, I think the Gosling camp claim they reneged on an offer. Some ambiguity in the contract I think. Either way, lost us money. He still visits often, saw him in the Cherry Tree the other week with Joe Mason.

You should ha ve kidnapped both of them and forced them to play on satrurday. Mason could be madjo and gosling could me any of our wingers. noone needs to know silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Why should Noone need to know? Do you think he would come down as a mystery guest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 pm

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:09 am

GreenSam wrote:
Renegade wrote:

I may be wrong but my understanding was that Everton had to make an offer of a new contract in writing by a certain date. Although a verbal offer had been agreed, his agent spotted the oversight on Everton's part and as it made Gosling a free agent there was a lot of money for them both to make from a move with Gosling no doubt pocketing a substantial signing on fee and increased wage as Newcastle had to pay Everton nothing for him. I guess any one of us would have taken advantage of such an oversight by our employer if it meant a huge lump sum and increased salary.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 am

He shouldn't have fecking well been sold in the first place,certainly not at the halfway stage of our "going for it" season anyway.A player of his class would have been invaluable in our quest for at least the play offs in that season and a further 6 months at Argyle would not have harmed his career in any way,in fact his reputation would probably have been enhanced.In some ways the most crass and unforgiveable departure of the lot,same old Argo.Fecking Stapleton and fecking board,hate 'em with every fibre. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 am

Leaving Everton the way he did must have been a kick in the teeth for them after they paid good money for him and took a chance on him at such a young age. I believe he was also injured at the time and Everton had made a verbal offer for an improved contract, which is even more surprising that he chose to move to Newcastle, where he's hardly been a regular.

I guess agents do most of these negotiations now and his exploited a loophole.

As for costing us money, I doubt that even came into his thinking. He may not even have been aware of the sell-on clause, or it just might not have crossed his mind that we would lose out.

Either way I would say it will be Goodison Park where he wouldn't get a warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Correct Jock, he owes us nothing, if he has any moral debt then it would be to Everton. Unfortunately for them and us they cocked up big time by failing to put the written offer of a new contract to him by the deadline date and it's Everton who cost us dear. Career wise it hasn't really worked out for Gosling but financially the sideways step at the time was a no brainer for him and outweighed the moral dilemma I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:54 pm

I just read that he was on £8k a week at Everton, who then made a verbal offer of £15k a week, but didn't submit it in writing in time!

I would guess that Newcastle, via his agent of course, knew all of these details and offered him a nice signing on fee, plus an improved weekly wage. So he must be on approaching £20k a week and hasn't yet been a regular for either Everton or Newcastle. Not a bad wage for a fringe player in the Premier League I suppose.

I doubt very much Villa would be paying him £20k a week but if he does sign for anything like £2 million, he would get another nice signing on fee and would probably get a lot more games than at Newcastle.

He's starting to look like one of these players who will impress for a while and then move on to another lower/ mid-table Premier League club like West Ham, Sunderland or Fulham.

He's young enough to still settle down and become a regular, but whenever you see him play he just looks ok rather than anything special, but ok in the Premier League is still pretty good for a local lad we brought up through the ranks.

He'll always be remembered at Everton for this, which ITV fecked right up on the night Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:40 pm

swampy wrote:
Correct Jock, he owes us nothing, if he has any moral debt then it would be to Everton. Unfortunately for them and us they cocked up big time by failing to put the written offer of a new contract to him by the deadline date and it's Everton who cost us dear. Career wise it hasn't really worked out for Gosling but financially the sideways step at the time was a no brainer for him and outweighed the moral dilemma I guess.

so we aren't the only village team in england!

Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Everton must be the Mullion of football, the biggest village in England. The likes of Gosling have so much to thank Sky and their like for. 2 years on an average Premier League salary without pulling up any trees and they are set up for life if they are half sensible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?   Dan Gosling to Aston Villa? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Gosling to Aston Villa?
Page 1 of 1