Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. Empty
PostSubject: Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.   Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am

Just back from the Wharf in Tavistock where we watched an amazing performance by The Beat! Led by Rankin Roger and supported by aptly named son Junior Rankin, 400 middle aged Rude boys and Rude girls backed up by a smattering of artheritic skinheads were partying like it was 1999 up to and even past 11 O'clock last night!
The Beat did all the old faves, Mirror in the bathroom, Rock the Kasbah (yes the Clash one), Stop, Hands off she's mine and a few new ones with Junior rapping and toasting so fast it was enough to make me wonder what the hell he was saying? They did a brilliant set though and are as good as they ever were, backed up by Talisman a 5 piece Reggae band from Bristol who did a lot of their own stuff and finished with Marleys' One Love, that really had the crowd going and one of the best supports I have seeen in a long while. The bass was so loud it was making my spare tyre vibrate and could have been turned down just a tad, but I do like a bit of ol' school reggae. All in all a bloody good night out, great beer, good atmosphere, rough at the front but very good natured, met a lot of mates there and had a good time, as I said to a mate of mine, "what else could you buy for £15 that you would enjoy that much? A prostitue for 10 minutes but at £15 she would probably be quite rough so best to stick to The Beat we decided."
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.   Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:47 am

Tavistock! affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.   Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:54 am

Past 11pm! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.   Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:54 pm

We have grown up keeping hours like that so we are used to it, anyone else would proably end up being grumpy the next day because they were overtired, like my missus.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.   Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 am

I've seen some great artists at The Wharf including one of my favourite live acts of all time 'Bluehorses' plenty of their material up on yoooooooo tooooooobe Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.   Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:30 am

saw the Groundhogs there a couple of years back, they were pretty good, The Selector were awesome as well and they are back soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.   Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 am

And the Selector were pretty good, they were doing a lot of stuff from their new album, plus 3 minute hero, too much pressure, james bond, good long set delivered with plenty of enthusiasm. Loads of old skin heads and rude boys mini bused it out from Plymouth and there was a good crowd in, I don't know why but there is a better vibe there than there used to be? The band all came out and mingled in the bar afterwards, good time had by all, the sound wasn't great which was a shame, but I have heard worse, it's a shame because the sound is usually very good at the Wharf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.   Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock. Empty

Back to top Go down

Live music from the heart of the music scene in Tavistock.
Page 1 of 1