The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) Empty
PostSubject: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Saw this clip tweeted- unbelievable how far we've dropped in 16 years, to go from one of the best recent English Manager's to "Carl, You Know ". This was a side that earned promotion from our current league- the football was direct but effective-

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:59 pm

thats made my day!

although being at both games, ive never seen the goals on tele.

feckin brilliant!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:11 pm

That home game with colchester was the best game ever for me, neil warnock a proper manager, fantastic night i will never forget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 pm

What a guy...passion, guts, and most importantly of all the ability to "grip" his players when it mattered.
Hindsight is a brilliant thing, but at the time i dont think we appreciated what an excellent manager he was.

Hail Warnock...we can only dream of a manager like yourself!!
Happy memories though... character through and through
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Neil Warnock and carl the clueless. If nothing else we've certainly had both ends of the managerial spectrum at Argo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:11 pm

The Colchester game I got caught up on the fence and ripped my new jeans so the crotch was one gaping hole which my mates kept ripping further and further and eventually ripped off my boxer shorts as well.

Got into an argument with the Police after the game with my meat and two veg on full show Razz

At Wembley I was wankered by 9am, along with the van load of mates, and the game is a blur really. I remember Argyle fans lining both sides of the street and it was just a sea of green and white, singing and chanting in unison.

The pubs afterward were awesome. Just hundreds of Argyle fans bouncing and singing like lunatics going from pub to pub Very Happy

10 of us slept in the back of my mates van in a car park, 3 had the sense the book a B+B in advance, but I was in the worst state I reckon I have ever been in and didn't care where I slept.

The van stank of sweaty blokes, puke and kebabs, and more drugs were consumed that weekend than I have ever laid my eyes on before or since, and crate after crate of cheap French duty free lager.

I lost my voice for 3 days and at the time I was an operator with British Telecom so I couldn't take calls as nobody could hear me Razz

Then McCauley and Warnock fell out terminally and the bubble burst again.

The vanload of wingers we have at the moment should take a look at Martin Barlow taking on his man and crossing the ball, it's so fuckin simple but not one of ours seem to be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Better team, better manager, better d(o)ugouts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

No forza crappa in them days
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Goodness me games in Warnocks era were mainly AWFUL - dire 'total' long ball football.
players who couldnt string 3 passes together.

lets not have any of the 'golden era' nonsense.
the quality was dreadful.

yes he got us up but spent a fortuine to do it & left the club hamstrung for the next 3 seasons at least.

ps the colchester home game was cracking, pity about some of the utter rubbish during that season - 3 nil defeat at hereford ?, 3-1 defeat at chester ? 2-1 defeat at colchester ?

ring any bells.........................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

yes he got us up but spent a fortuine to do it & left the club hamstrung for the next 3 seasons at least.
The money spent was an investment in the playing side of the club, and was well within the means of the club, as McCauley's later sale to fans showed, recouping all of his money. In my mind, the so called ham strung years were down to 666 rudely interrupting THE most successful lower league manager ever.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 am

seem to recall warnock spending cash hea asked for to get us out of the 4th & 3rd div then wanting MORE money once we'd won promotion.......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)   Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock) Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Memories 1996 (Neil Warnock)
Page 1 of 1