Grovehill
Dougie
Warny
Chemical Ali
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Fletcher "fans should back players" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:04 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
hairy j wrote:
GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Fletcher out?

Brent get your wallet out?

Forza verde out?

Fireman hats out?

Club Presidents out?

Murals out?

Family zones out?

TOGTFO

I had to google what that meant!

And now you've gone blind. It's not used here as we only have Peggy and she's really old.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 pm

knecht wrote:
It's not the players' fault that they are largely young and inexperienced, being asked to play to a formation that is, at least at home, misguided.

Our regular first teamers: a 17 year old like Lecointe who has been asked to step up before he is ready; Young who is 18; Hourihane who is 21 but with no senior appearances before he came to us; Nelson who is 19 and similarly has been asked to step up - particularly last season - in a way he wouldn't ordinarily have done; Berry is 20 and had no senior appearances before us. Others aren't far off those figures. In many ways we have a fairly young squad. To have a go at those is wrong.

Brent has made it clear that, not only off the pitch but on the pitch, the intention is to build for the future. Sadly, unless we start to deliver now the future won't be much to speak of. I said some time ago that the true test of Mr Brent would be when things begin to go wrong - as they inevitably will/are. How will he deal with the vitriol that will come his way from fickle fans who are not just on the internet?

It's all very well to say the fans were wrong but until he puts his hand up then it is those players who will carry the burden.
This is the post that most sums up my feelings.

For me it's as simple as: Fletch was right to say don't slag off the players, wrong not to say "blame me instead".
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 am

building for the future ?

so does that mean defeat for now, glory for another season ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher "fans should back players"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2