Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)

Go down 
+3
Charlie Wood
`rgill
Chemical Ali
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) Empty
PostSubject: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Hourihane apart, I think this might be one of the worst sides in Argyle's history.

Argyle dominated the first half possession but created nothing. A decent goal from Atkinson was followed by shit defending to allow Rotherham to score 4 goals. Feeney is utter shit and makes Lee Power look like Pele.He's crap in the air, slow and can't hold the ball up- the only good thing he can do is dive. We also played 4-5-1 so Reid has to take a lot of the blame. Barry and Daley on the right are both similar- fast but crap. I lecft when the fourth went in so can't comment on the remaining shite. Thankfully I never renewed my ST so don't have to endure this shit week after week.

They are even borrowing ideas from ATD at the fansfest- Ridsdale's Farm?????
Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:33 pm

With the players Reid had last season,even allowing fora 10 point deduction,we should have avoided relegation.
Cant see us keeping out of the bottom two in this league, we are in deep shight on and off the field.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 pm

A fucking shambles. relegation for sure.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:43 pm

You're a proper diehard Chemical, I was off for my tea after the third, also congratulating myself on not renewing my season ticket. In fact I'm so pissed off at all of todays events that I have decide to sever my final financial tie and cancel my DD to the Foundation.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:11 pm

cobipafc wrote:

kinel!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
You're a proper diehard Chemical, I was off for my tea after the third, also congratulating myself on not renewing my season ticket. In fact I'm so pissed off at all of todays events that I have decide to sever my final financial tie and cancel my DD to the Foundation.

Did you go the meeting Charlie? If so,it doesn't sound if you were that impressed.

I went to the game today.Argyle looked shockingly suspect right through the match,Rotherham could easily have been three up at HT with better finishing.Don't rate this new centre half,not convinced about some of the other players,Daley didn't impress,Feeney ineffective,the Ipswich lad looks decent,as does Atkinson. I guess this is what comes of bargain basement signings,we've been down that road before and paid the ultimate price,albeit at a higher level.Long hard season again,i'm going on Tuesday,partly because i've promised a lift to a couple of people from the village,but after that,the golf course may well take priority.I've had enough and it takes a lot for me to say that,with my family background and life long support of the club, but it's really just to much to take,watching a crap team get humiliated in a shell of a once great football club.Sad and very depressed,our club has been systematically asset stripped by Wallet and his cronies from the purchase of the freehold onwards.How i loathe those people.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:38 pm

cobipafc wrote:

If even Cobi who is normally so supportive and optimistic is saying it, it must be so.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:27 pm

GS I'm a bit reluctant to critise the Trust as I was an early joiner and was delighted to see the dignified Jim Benton-Evans in the chair, I'm still unsure why he left but Graham Clark seemed to be a reasonable successor. Since Chris Webb has taken the chair I'm far less enamoured. I don't like the lumping of the Trust, the GT's and the PASOTI movers and shakers into an homogenised mush. In my opinion Chris Webb likes the sound of his own voice a tad to much for me and whilst others found it stirring, I thought his speeches today self indulgent and what on earth Graham Clark thought he was doing...God only knows. I thought the whole meeting had the passion knocked out of it, not the same as a packed Guildhall with a good bit of heckling to shame BG and PR. I asked PR to tell us what the FL's requirements were for the transfer of the share. He said they were all concerning the business plan in the 2nd and 3rd years, I would have liked the opportunity following that to have asked him to confirm that they had no other questions about the ownership structure re. Heaneys involvement but I'd had my question and that was it.

I have to smile when I raise concerns on PASOTI and CW asks me what experience I've had in chairing public meetings with 800 people. The lad doesn't like criticism that's for sure. I was actually on the executive council of my union whilst he was still in short pants and in that and other fields have had my fair share of involvement in the running of fairly large (and heated) conferences.

Like you Greenskin my resolve to keep supporting this shambles is reaching breaking point.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:29 am

What did Graham Clark do, and what happened with the kid?

The pasoti trust don't seem to want to answer whose idea it was to use the kid.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:00 am

It was all very kitsch, Graham had the Mike on one side of the room and took the first question and produced a little lad who was dragged up on stage "to look BG in the whites of his eyes" and eventually ask (a pretty angry) BG how long the CP would be allowed to come to fruition. I was very disappointed that Graham thought this was a worthwhile stunt but I see this morning that ir was Chris Webb's boy so I'd guess it was his idea, which kind of reinforces my reservations, given above, about the guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:47 am

I really had hopes that the Trust would have provided me with an enthusiastic new lease of life and a desire to join up, but their insistence of remaining a "pasoti" trust combined with reading what I have read on both here and pasoti, it just makes me feel embarrassed. None of it is about the club, it's all self interest and ego inflation.

Can't say I'm surprised at the result either, I guess that pops the promotion bubble of a few that were predicting it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 am

Absolutely Charlie ... they're all one in the same, that's the inherent problem. A pointless, embarassing, self indulgent, expensive meeting witnessed by the poor turn out of fans along with the now normal absence of all the main players bar Guilfoyle and Ridsdale who feel obliged to humour Pasoti Trust.... it is their job after all. Considering the trailed "importance" of this meeting, I've been to better attended CND rallies in Plymouth, and that's saying something.

I would suspect many fans have now had the time to see through the Pasoti Trust tactic as benign, self serving, and way off the target they should have set themselves of independently hounding Ridsdale and the pre pack. Typical modern day Trade Union tactics sadly ... big on tribal rhetoric, no teeth.

Still, fear not, Pasoti Trust are on the case. While all the activity is out in the ocean amongst the sharks, Uncle Chris is in the kids' paddling pool teaching his child to swim. As for Graham Clark, I feel sorry for him, it seems he was badly advised.... maybe by his successor.... naughty naughty ... and with an election looming.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 am

Very depressing........................... but very predictable.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed Aviva boy is unfortunately king.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting) Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 ( and observations on Saturday's meeting)
Page 1 of 1