Sandford_Grecian
Dougie
Chemical Ali
SirCumfrance
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 am

A couple of months ago the idea of a fanzine/newsletter was suggested on here.

Since then I've been in contact with various Trust Board members regarding the idea. I also put out a call for volunteers to contribute articles and the like, and had a decent response. Thanks very much for that.

Last night I had a couple of pints meeting with John Petrie, and we're going to produce something, hopefully to coincide with the upcoming Trust Board elections. Whilst it will have Trust news in it, it won't be an 'official' Trust publication, although we hope to use it to raise funds for the Trust.

So what we're looking for is material to go in the first edition. General football articles, opinion pieces about the club, satire and general piss-taking most welcome. Also if you, or anyone you know, is of an artistic persuasionj, cartoons and illustrations would be most welcome.

If anyone would like advertising in the magazine, please contact me. If you've got a service you can offer fellow Greens, we'll give you a bit of publicity, in return for a 'voluntary' contribution to Trust funds. Also if you can offer lifts to games, car sharing and the like, either over the course of the season, or to specific away games, let us know.

So if you want to see your thoughts in print, or can offer any other assistance in the production of the fanzine, please PM me.

And to all those who've already contacted either John or myself to offer your services - we'll be in touch drekly.
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 am

Great idea, I can't remember a time when we have needed something like this more!
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 am

How about a regular article on former Argyle players or Managers...a sort of look back through history?

If only I could think of someone who was really good at researching and writing such articles..........
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 am

A column named "The Critical Eye" would be handy!
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 am

AS that’s a good idea perhaps it could have a series of articles about dogs it could start of with poodles............. just joking

Perhaps someone who used to write an article for the match day program could be invited to contribute, just a thought.
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:01 pm

The Adventures of Sooty & Sweep?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:16 pm

I could do a what's getting on my tits this week feature?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Greenjock wrote:

But there'd be no space for any other articles Laughing
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Greenjock wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:48 pm

The satirists could have a field day, is ROTG not being published anymore?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Iggy wrote:
The satirists could have a field day, is ROTG not being published anymore?

I had an email from Blake the other day to say the deadline for RoTG submissions is the end of the month so I would guess there'll be one in October.
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just don't get Family Guy. It's a cartoon and I can't see past that to watch it. My nephews who are 9 and 7 watch it over and over again, then the same episodes the next day scratch

It doesn't get right on my tits because I've never watched it, but I reckon it could.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:10 pm

If you want to use any of Flickrs you are welcome. Though they don't really exsist and I only use for personal consumption in the depths of the night.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:59 pm

You could name it, 'Blue Square Bound' Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 pm

We do need a name for it.

My thoughts so far:

'One F in Fletcher'

'The Green Shoots'

'It's Not Like Watching Brazil'

'We Score When We Want'

Any other non-Grecian suggestions?

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
We do need a name for it.

My thoughts so far:

'One F in Fletcher'

'The Green Shoots'

'It's Not Like Watching Brazil'

'We Score When We Want'

Any other non-Grecian suggestions?

Nothing at all wrong with Blue Square Bound lol!

The President Papers? You could colour it gold... no wait bronze... or what about dog turd brown? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Chemical Ali

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:30 pm

A Kick in the teeth (old Luggyism)

Blood and Snotters

Errrrrrrr You Know (CF)

Taribo West's Pension Book

George Reilly's Ear Lobe

The Bronze Post Box

Our Flag is bigger than yours

Argyle Nil

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Another fanzine is NOT needed.
ROTG does a good job & has many articles of interest.

A trust based fanzine is gonna be a JB love in.

Who will dare to voice dissent ?????????????
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:49 pm

The Pilgrims lack of progress.

One flew over the Demport End.

Not as green as we are cabbage looking.

I'm Argyle til half five.

The green green grass of Home Park.

Especially for Tring, The Village Green lol!
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:52 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

I don't think it has to be biased towards JB at all. In fact if ATD posters contribute to it regularly I'd say it would be more of a piss-take that could raise some funds for the Trust.
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:00 pm

WTFIGO
We Wuz Wobbed
Lindy Lullaby
Deep Throat
Green Remnants
O(gg)i !
Argyle bys vykken
Property Matters
Umbrella Vi
Crude Brent

I like the Taribo West one, says it all. Very Happy I can still see him, bless, limping, late, into Home Park dressed in his expensive coat with his minders .
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:08 pm

A nice big full page advert for ATD would be good Laughing
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm sure the moderators could arrange a small collection for a very big advert ot two.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:27 pm

We've got £10 in the paypal account and I've put in another £10 to go towards advertising. If anyone else wants to contribute please use the donate button on the home page.

I have PM-ed Andy about advertising but I would guess advertising costs at this stage would be difficult to establish so maybe if we offer a sum and take it from there?
Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:28 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

This isn't a competition with ROTG, which is the only Argyle fanzine at the moment. And how may people actually subscribe/buy ROTG? it's not exactly got a high profile around HP.

I'd also add that the list of contributors that I've got, coupled with my own involvement, tells me that you're very, very wrong about it being a 'love-in' towards anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newsletter/Fanzine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter/Fanzine   Newsletter/Fanzine Empty

Back to top Go down

Newsletter/Fanzine
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next