Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Criticised for Criticising

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Criticised for Criticising  Empty
PostSubject: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Today, during the second half, I shouted (and I wasn't the only one over the course of the match) "man up fletcher or get out the club" and "get this useless manager out brent" etc etc. When I shouted this about 10 or 15 angry heads turned towards and me and most of them told me to 'f*ck off' or 'have some faith you clueless prick'

THIS is the reason Fletcher will not be sacked. Argyle is full of happy clapper supporters. There will be no protest, there will be no demand for carl's head, as to speak out against Fletcher is like speaking out against Hitler during world war 2.

And the song 'we'll always believe' gets on my nerves, it was sung at the final whistle, well, at least they are happy, but some supporters actually want to see the side doing well.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 pm

I think you're wrong, Cobi - the tide definitely appears to be turning; dissent is appearing on here (unsurprisingly) and on pasoti. A defeat on Tuesday and the groundswell of unhappiness may become a torrent. For all of Brent's supportive words about Fletch, if Fletch loses the backing of a sizeable chunk of the fanbase, and perhaps more importantly, if gates start to fall noticeably, then that may well be Fletch's fate sealed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
I think you're wrong, Cobi - the tide definitely appears to be turning; dissent is appearing on here (unsurprisingly) and on pasoti. A defeat on Tuesday and the groundswell of unhappiness may become a torrent. For all of Brent's supportive words about Fletch, if Fletch loses the backing of a sizeable chunk of the fanbase, and perhaps more importantly, if gates start to fall noticeably, then that may well be Fletch's fate sealed.

Andy, while I agree that things are changing on the internet, I don't think brent or fletcher reads the fans postings. Things in the ground are far to happy clappy. I remember the days of non stop chanting "we want sturrock out"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Andy, while I agree that things are changing on the internet, I don't think brent or fletcher reads the fans postings. Things in the ground are far to happy clappy. I remember the days of non stop chanting "we want sturrock out"

Brent and Jones are both well in tune with what's happening on t'internet. Agreed about the chanting, as once that starts it can't be ignored, but with Brent it's all about the bottom line, so if the numbers of bums on seats starts to drop, that's the tipping point. Money talks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Try sitting In 14 pitbull rather than FV territory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Today, during the second half, I shouted (and I wasn't the only one over the course of the match) "man up fletcher or get out the club" and "get this useless manager out brent" etc etc. When I shouted this about 10 or 15 angry heads turned towards and me and most of them told me to 'f*ck off' or 'have some faith you clueless prick'

THIS is the reason Fletcher will not be sacked. Argyle is full of happy clapper supporters. There will be no protest, there will be no demand for carl's head, as to speak out against Fletcher is like speaking out against Hitler during world war 2.

And the song 'we'll always believe' gets on my nerves, it was sung at the final whistle, well, at least they are happy, but some supporters actually want to see the side doing well.

......My admiration for making a stand in the presence of these goons.
Pity there were/are not more of your kind in the happy clappy Devonport end, time to join the dissidents Cobi.
Forza Nerd and their poisonous ilk will get its just reward in the end, did anyone see that dork with the wig and forza nerd t-shirt remonstrating with the stewards over an ejection of some kind?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Home to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday, following an abject performance by us, for the last hour anyway, and Rovers are having a nightmare start to the season.

Usually this would be regarded as a bit of a local derby and Rovers would bring a fair contingent down, so probably 7-8,000 crowd?

After today, for both sides, I wouldn't be surprised if the gate was not much over 5,000 and once that starts happening it takes a helluva lot to get these people going back to games. If you're a season ticket holder you will go anyway, unless you just can't take watching the same shit again and again.

The overwhelming view on here and Pasoti is pretty much the same, and when Pasoti agrees with ATD that Fletcher is clueless and Argyle are shit you have to believe it's true.

Yet I listened to the commentary, albeit a good 3 minutes behind real-time and couldn't understand why Sky Sports were showing Vale had scored when they weren't even attacking? and Sparksy and Chris Webb would have you believe that we were fantastic.

Spraying the ball around the park, counting 30 odd passes in a row, Hourihane was outstanding and both of them questioned how people could criticise Hourihane when they weren't even at the game?

Sorry but I pay my fuckin Player subscription because I can't get to games and I will criticise whoever the feck I like thank you very much!

I don't go to Barcelona games but I can quite confidently say that Messi's a genius.

If the commentary team are going to try and dress up shit like that then it helps no-one. Tell it like it is or don't bloody commentate.

Then you look on Pasoti and the main reason we lost, along with Fletcher being inept, was because Wotton went off injured and was replaced with Lecointe because there was nobody else who could play the holding midfield role. We have a fuckin squad of 25 players Fletcher! Your squad. You bought this shit so don't bemoan not having enough midfielders just because Lowry is injured. He hasn't played for us yet and could be another fuckin donkey.

Christ knows how many wingers we have now but 3 of them were on the bench today! For what? What is the point in giving contracts to Lennox and Gurrieri and then signing Gorman on loan?

I said after watching 1 pre-season game that Gurrieri was shit and lightweight, just like Lennox, so why give them contracts? And then you sign Gorman on loan and don't play him.

Fletcher, you're absolutely over your head and clueless, get the feck out of Dodge and then Mr Brent do not give the role to Purse to save money.

WE NEED A MANAGER AND SOME COACHES, NOT ANOTHER WINGER.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Forza Verde cannot raise a single song or chant of complaint because - well how can they? They will be biting off the hand that feeds them. Closing the blocks were the most vocal and most caustic opinions are usually heard first and sticking happy clappy prepubescent bum fluffed flag wavers and displayers in the Devonport delivers a neutered audience for Brent and his 'mates'.

It was written early doors on here that this would be the case and so it comes to pass.

Stick one of the architects in the commentary box and you have a club where everyone is 'on message'.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Wheres Hairy J tonight?? lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Dougie wrote:
Forza Verde cannot raise a single song or chant of complaint because - well how can they? They will be biting off the hand that feeds them. Closing the blocks were the most vocal and most caustic opinions are usually heard first and sticking happy clappy prepubescent bum fluffed flag wavers and displayers in the Devonport delivers a neutered audience for Brent and his 'mates'.

It was written early doors on here that this would be the case and so it comes to pass.

Stick one of the architects in the commentary box and you have a club where everyone is 'on message'.

Were Salsa Verde there today?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:22 pm

But it's all part of the masterplan.

Disposing of the most atmospheric area (Lyndhurst 15-18), which, more importantly, was the area of the ground where dissent was most likely to grow, was the first step.

Next on the agenda was to turn the Demport into a sanitised happy clappy haven of jester-hatted dullness, where disenting voices will not be tolerated. Resulting in the sort of reaction Cobi got today.

Some sort of orchestrated uprising needs to happen. Quite how, with the control factor implemented with areas closed, and other areas forcibly sanitised, I don't really know.

But it needs to happen, and soon.

Edited to add: Sorry Dougie, I hadn't read your post before writing this, but it does seem almost plagiaristic! So many are seeing the same things now!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Funnily enough IjN has just coined the phrase 'Pratsoti's' (do you see what he did there) for those I guess who dare to criticise (mind you he was only to happy to support those and aide and abet those who needed an outlet to criticise the Trust).
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Pitbull wrote:

Got to agree with everything youve said there Cobi.

Feckin Idiots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Pitbull wrote:

Cobi of course they would say that if you were in that forza onehitwonders zone
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 am

Pitbull wrote:

Are you sure you heard right?

Did they perhaps say "Have some faith in the clueless prick"

TBH if they did say that, they could have been talking about almost anyone on the payroll at HP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criticised for Criticising    Criticised for Criticising  Empty

Back to top Go down

Criticised for Criticising
Page 1 of 1