Charlie Wood
Dingle
Dougie
GreenWhiteBlack
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

He just couldn't resist it........... Empty
PostSubject: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Getting his mug in the Herald once again as the Postbox fiasco comes to a nauseating conclusion.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Olympic-medal-winners-gold-postboxes-Plymouth/story-16909487-detail/story.html

So...Painted Postboxes for a non British athlete, and for a media prostitute for coming third...Only in Plymouth, Village to the end. jocolor

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Its a cringe worthy and embarrassing that Chris thinks he is above popular opinion of the people of Plymouth and went ahead with media stunt gained at getting him pr.

Are people really going to go out of there way to post letters to tom and ruta when there is twitter and facebook?
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Its so cringey its unreal Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Your can feel Tom Daley's (publicists) enthusiasm. Herald showing the paucity of local journalism again "denied" I ask you. Twonkish. Of course the Prez doesn't post anymore too busy doing photocalls.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:02 pm

There's a whole row of pillars on the Hoe commemorating famous people with a strong connection to Plymouth - Tom's on one of these, Sharron Davies on another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Dingle wrote:
There's a whole row of pillars on the Hoe commemorating famous people with a strong connection to Plymouth - Tom's on one of these, Sharron Davies on another.

is there? where abouts
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Renegade wrote:
Dingle wrote:

is there? where abouts

Just go up on the Hoe and wait till you see Webby hanging about with a cameraman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Renegade wrote:
Dingle wrote:

is there? where abouts

Just go up on the Hoe and wait till you see Webby hanging about with a cameraman.

so next on the plan of action is to remove the drake statue with one of darren purse? lol
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:56 pm

They're on the sea side of Hoe Road between Tinside pool and West Hoe. Wide range of personalities, achievements and eras covered. Another advantage in the long term - no maintenance needed.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:26 pm

I hear they are putting up an erection to celebrate El Prez unbeaten run in the commentary box
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Dougie wrote:
I hear they are putting up an erection to celebrate El Prez unbeaten run in the commentary box

ended in style today sadly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Whatever you may think of The President (and that's another issue), it's hardly a terrible thing to do. It's of minor significance and if it gains good publicity for the club - why not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:40 pm

You're just a tart Knecht. cat
I have never believed in any publicity is good publicity, and if it's for the flag, anything goes. How you do things is what defines you... what some people call style, and what I call morality.

And ... it's only a football club... and football is only what it is ... a largely sexist male sport to train men to put things in holes ....that's all ...some people forget that in their exhuberance. It's all become a bit stupid these days .... WHY should 'sport' be deemed to be a good cause ? and so imp[ortant, when actually for 80% of the population, it's not important at all ... why ? .... if governments and communities were really into health, they would PROPERLY deal with companies continuing to sell salt, sugar and fat delivery systems, and ensure people's jobs were physically healthy things to pursue... but they don't do they.
Sport is the next charity wheeze and unregulated profit making opportunity, if it's not already, and I find the whole paint it green routine crass in the extreme.. I certainly wouldn't be happy if my local corner shop had some goon travelling around the city looking for photocalls..... let's paint Smeaton's Tower with a giant SPAR advert.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:46 pm

If I were a tart, I could make good money - my body being so desirable.

What I meant is that, riding on the back of Olympics fever, the club have chosen to do a minor thing. If it raises the positive profile of Argyle ..... etc.

PS I agree with you about how governments choose their targets but that's another story.....

(Was it a Freudian slip or intentional to use the word "wheeze" in your last sentence about sport /health & profit?)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 pm

I tell you why the situation is crap.

Because a real Argyle fan who has actually won Olympic gold and Bronze is getting feck all!

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/the-olympic-pilgrim-328390.aspx

Instead we are pandering to the media figures who aren’t really up to scratch, because we are small time ‘star fuckers’!

Has “Tom” ever been to a game?
Does Ruta even know what “Argyle” is? Do you think the state of Oregon is going to paint some boxes for Mo Farah?

This isn't about honour... It's about Publicity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 pm

knecht wrote:
Whatever you may think of The President (and that's another issue), it's hardly a terrible thing to do. It's of minor significance and if it gains good publicity for the club - why not?

What publicity is that then knecht?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:26 pm

It will be reported in the local press. Greg Searle should also be there. It may associate the club with success. That's how advertising works.

My comment was neither for nor against it. It was simply a comment that said what it did ...... IF it gains good publicity and raises a positive profile it's a good thing.

We could debate the role of advertising in the modern world but that would be another thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:34 pm

knecht wrote:
It will be reported in the local press. Greg Searle should also be there. It may associate the club with success. That's how advertising works.

My comment was neither for nor against it. It was simply a comment that said what it did ...... IF it gains good publicity and raises a positive profile it's a good thing.

We could debate the role of advertising in the modern world but that would be another thing.

its an idea laughed at by many, the club are only involved simply because chris pulled strings to save face after being told a flat no from royal mail. Again will they ever be used? not really why post a letter to them when there is twitter and facebook. Will the club allow fans to post their honest opinions of the club at present? like hell they will they go to great lengths to silent voices no.

Its a silly idea made to make the club look more like a community centre than a football club and proud to leech ob others success rather than concentrate on their own affairs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Advertising is no use in itself (except to provide cheap culture in a sea of aridity) - like the post-boxes. It's there to get a 'product' noticed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:44 pm

knecht wrote:
Advertising is no use in itself (except to provide cheap culture in a sea of aridity) - like the post-boxes. It's there to get a 'product' noticed.

It wont make a jot of difference pr wise for the club this postbox stunt. The only one who will benefit from it is chris webb so he can get in the papers/tv
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:45 pm

I have no problem with individuals having the opportunity to fulfill their life ambition through sport... I have no problem with watching drama unfold ... I watch sport on occasion, participate in sport, read a good book and a good film, but I just wish this president union guy riding on the good cause fund guzzling Olympic thing would just give it all a rest... we all know how the 1936 Olympics were used... and some of us don't want to see history repeat itself in what many commentators understand to be a pre-fascist culture in Europe due to the continuing unfolding economic colapse.

It's just a brand ...and it's brand is global corporations that are heading up this colapse. The Olympics circus is not a Corinthian fairy tale .... couldn't be further from it. Some people are pro all this nonsense and some of us aren't ... it's quite simple.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:03 am

Penzance wrote:
but I just wish this president union guy riding on the good cause fund guzzling Olympic thing would just give it all a rest... we all know how the 1936 Olympics were used... and some of us don't want to see history repeat itself in what many commentators understand to be a pre-fascist culture in Europe due to the continuing unfolding economic colapse.

Don't worry Penzy...

I don't think Webby is going to reverse history and beat all PAFC's black players in the 100M dash at next years PAFC open family athletic day!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:57 am

Renegade wrote:
knecht wrote:

It wont make a jot of difference pr wise for the club this postbox stunt. The only one who will benefit from it is chris webb so he can get in the papers/tv

I can see the day when the two Muppet have a mural of them self painted on the exit of the player tunnel. with these words

We won the war and saved this club
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Oh how very Village, & with the Prez as Village Eejiot lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:48 pm

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/box-clever-394144.aspx

what has my club become its a joke now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He just couldn't resist it...........   He just couldn't resist it........... Empty

Back to top Go down

He just couldn't resist it...........
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: