Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 7:53 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
If anybody saw a madman on the moors near Clearbrook yesterday, casting out looking like he was trying to catch sheep or ponies....that would have been me king

First fishing trip in donkeys Saturday night so was seeing if my reels were still actually in working order. bom

Shorely you'll be 3 sheets to the wind after the game king

I wasn’t driving but yeah only had a couple pre-match. Not much hot rod action though. Was difficult to even hold bottom with a 6oz grip lead when the weather got worse. Was still good to get out though.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 8:56 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
If anybody saw a madman on the moors near Clearbrook yesterday, casting out looking like he was trying to catch sheep or ponies....that would have been me king

First fishing trip in donkeys Saturday night so was seeing if my reels were still actually in working order. bom

Shorely you'll be 3 sheets to the wind after the game king

I wasn’t driving but yeah only had a couple pre-match. Not much hot rod action though. Was difficult to even hold bottom with a 6oz grip lead when the weather got worse. Was still good to get out though.

Thanks/OK

I'm looking at a couple windows of opportunity towards the end of this week, weather calming down a bit and big tides
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Picklecombe to Kingsands is always a good bet for some shelter in a S or W wind, I find low tides up are best. The are a couple of spots from Mount Edgecumbe round to Picklecombe as well. I'm off up North Devon for a couple of days will pack a rod although the tides are a bastard up there.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Blue fin tuna smashing mackerel, Jersey

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My youngest bhey said that a mate of his was walking the cliffs at Zennor on Sunday said the weather was rough as fook when he saw Gannets by the hundreds wheeling and diving right into a huge school of huge bluefin and dolphin, he said there literally hundreds of them all feeding on Herring which was boiling on the water about 400m away from him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 11:59 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

My youngest bhey said that a mate of his was walking the cliffs at Zennor on Sunday said the weather was rough as fook when he saw Gannets by the hundreds wheeling and diving right into a huge school of huge bluefin and dolphin, he said there literally hundreds of them all feeding on Herring which was boiling on the water about 400m away from him.

That stretch of coast from St Ives round to Sennen is just fookin majestic. Was sat up by Pendeen lighthouse one day in June and it is just breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 2:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

That stretch of coast from St Ives round to Sennen is just fookin majestic. Was sat up by Pendeen lighthouse one day in June and it is just breathtaking.

I quite often park my van up around Botallack for a night or two like you say that whole piece has a magic of its own quite different from Sennen to Penzance which is much softer, there is some good Bass plugging to had around all of it tbf. The Star in st Just is a good boozer the rest of them on the whole have been socially cleansed.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Had 3 mackerel this afternoon, all under a pound. Sea was boiling with baitfish for the first hour or so then it died down, small shoal of gar swam across right in front of me, one knocked my lure but missed the hook. Several other bites missed, no bass but an enjoyable 2 1/2 hours.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 10:08 pm

Sounds swish, I had a few Mackerel this year, not enough. I had a couple of wee Bass on squid in Southampton Docks yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fishing - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fishing
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: