Fishing

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Funnily enough I caught my biggest bass ever 9lb15oz on a peeler in the Yealm by the first moorings when I was about 16. Like Seadog I've found loads of hardbacks in bass and even flounder but they aren't as meaty as peelers I think, I've tried using hard backs with shells pulled off but with no success.
I love plugging and catch loads of Bass but it's rare to have one over three pounds very rare to have a five pounder usually if it hits the water in front of their noses and they grab it. Big fish usually follow then tell you to feck off. I usually fish a 3" sinking plug over flooded reefs and gullies the shore between Kingsands and Picklecombe fort can work for a couple of hours up to high tide.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fishing - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Back when we used to fish regularly my mate had a reasonably sized conger off the jetty in the Yealm at Newton Ferrers one night (in front of the old Yealm hotel). He shit himself. Laughing

Peeler crab was always the killer bait for me in that part of the world, particularly the Kingsbridge estuary around Salcombe and East Portlemouth when fishing for thornback ray.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 10:49 pm

Caught a few 3lb Flounder in Yealm up at pushlinch creek on peeler.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 18 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 am

Wierd day of weather from raining stair rods to jungle like humidity then ended up with a summers day at 6pm with temperature of plus 25c on the coast at Penlee. Loads of Gar about, no Mackerel, got literally plagued by little wrasse eating our Lug (which was the only bait available btw) then to cap it all hooked a big Bass which stripped about fifty yards of line and buried itself in the Kelp on a rock spur.
Me and my mate then went and had a couple at the rod and line then went back to his place to drink more Beer. Very nice day with very little to show fish wise.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Fishing - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 18 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 12:24 pm

I love a happy ending!

Fishing - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fishing
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18