Freathy
oxfordgreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Today teams - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I rest my case
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
A massive point away at Torquay, somehow i cannot see anything but being bottom feeders till this disgrace of a manager is gone.
There is no way on earth that Exeter have a better budget then us..no f**ing way, this clown has adequate resources to achieve at least play off form, look at our squad FFS how many now 30?!! ..absolute joke

FLETCHER OUT

Jesus, Punchie.I don't consider myself an Aviva boy,a Fletch or Brent lover in any way but you really do make an embittered cnut of yourself at times.An away draw in any standard of professional football is not a bad result-if you remember the Sturrock years,then a lot of our success was founded on 0-0 draws at places like Wycombe,Grimsby,Notts County,Hull,Kidderminster,Cheltenham,York and Orient.Now,i'm not saying that Argyle are going to emulate the succcess of Sturrock's team-they won't,the personnel simply isn't in the same class.But FFS just try to get things in a bit of persepective.OK,you want Fletcher out,no problem.There will be plenty of opportunity in future no doubt to pursue that line.But making crass statements about "a massive point away at Torquay" is just plain self defeating-Torquay were clearly a far better side than us last season,evidence of which i saw with my own eyes-what makes you think it was ever going to turn round to any extent in one season and indeed,why should that be the case? Maybe it would be best to regard todays result as slight evidence that the gap is narrowing,nothing more,nothing less.

Seems a pretty sensible post GS. A point away and a clean sheet was always Luggy's minimum requirement. He would have taken that every week.

Yes, we're still poor. No, CF isn't the answer in my opinion but as GS says the pessimists will get plenty of opportunities to take him to the cleaners if he's as bad as some people say. Today is not one of those opportunities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:16 pm

So you are happy with a point that takes the team down to 17th in the league,from the great manager that is Carl Fletcher....I wont call you an embittered cnunt though,Greenskin does let himself down on this one..you have an opinion Nick .....
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Punchie is right though. Our inarticulate and clueless 'manager' will keep us hovering around the bottom of L2. It seems that's what many on here are happy with.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:24 pm

oddball wrote:
So you are happy with a point that takes the team down to 17th in the league,from the great manager that is Carl Fletcher....I wont call you an embittered cnunt though,Greenskin does let himself down on this one..you have an opinion Nick .....

Im happy with taking a point against a team that have been in the playoffs last few seasons and beat us home and away last year.

Again i ask you with the team we have do you really think we are expecting to be up the top of the division competing against the likes of exeter and oxford?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Freathy wrote:
Punchie is right though. Our inarticulate and clueless 'manager' will keep us hovering around the bottom of L2. It seems that's what many on here are happy with.

No,i'm not happy with that Freathy,as you well know.Like yourself and Punchie,i truly believe that Argyle should,if managed properly from the top downwards,should occupy a position where they can at least challenge regularly and eventually reach the top flight of English football.Whether the Brent/Fletcher combi can take us least towards that goal remains to be seen and would be rated as probably doubtful by myself.I just thought that denigrating an away draw at Torquay as Punchie did only served to lessen many of the accurate points that he often makes about the wider aspects of the club.Argyle drew 2-2 with Torquay at home in 2001/2 -was that a result to be sneered at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:08 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
oddball wrote:

Im happy with taking a point against a team that have been in the playoffs last few seasons and beat us home and away last year.

Again i ask you with the team we have do you really think we are expecting to be up the top of the division competing against the likes of exeter and oxford?

No I don't. Which is exactly why Carl Fletcher isn't the manager we need, and if he is getting the very best players the budget given to him by James Brent allows, then James Brent isn't the owner we need.

The likes of Oxford and Exeter FFS? I know some people are happy just to have a club Sleep but that just about sums up all that is wrong at the moment.

I don't mind a point away from home if we are winning home games and challenging for promotion, but we are now 17th in Division 4, after scraping a draw against Torquay a year after coming out of administration Sam, and we are not expected to be competing with the likes of Exeter?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:48 pm

oddball wrote:

Fair enough point about the language but not on the general gist.Sorry Odders,he does make himself look stupid by making comments like "getting battered already" after 8 minutes of what turned out to be by all accounts an evenly contested match.It detracts from the undoubtedly valid concerns that he expresses about the club,as though it's a case of being delighted that Argyle are "getting battered" in order to prove his views right.I agree with him [and Freathy] on most things Argyle but not on the seeming self justifying glee that spews forth when Argyle are not winning.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am happy with only getting a point at Torquay but it shows improvement on the results in both fixtures last year when we got royally tonked twice. If we beat them at Home then 4 points from the two games would be a more than acceptable return against one of last year's play off teams. The real disgrace is that we are playing them at all.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Good point and performance. I dont dont why Feeney came off.. Question

Hourihane, Wotton, Purse, Willo, Berry, Feeney all very good.

Draws away from home and very good if you get wins at home.. we'll see, roll on next Saturday!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:29 pm

Greenskin wrote:
oddball wrote:

Fair enough point about the language but not on the general gist.Sorry Odders,he does make himself look stupid by making comments like "getting battered already" after 8 minutes of what turned out to be by all accounts an evenly contested match.It detracts from the undoubtedly valid concerns that he expresses about the club,as though it's a case of being delighted that Argyle are "getting battered" in order to prove his views right.I agree with him [and Freathy] on most things Argyle but not on the seeming self justifying glee that spews forth when Argyle are not winning.

I like the more robust discussions that take place here but the glee that some seem to take in Argyle's plight is bizarre. I think it detracts from their often sensible reasoning and the sense is lost in the noise.

Hey ho though this is the church that welcomes all, even the non-believers cheers
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Anyway, our top goalscorer Robbie was mom for me. And I think he's lost weight. And he nearly scored again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
oddball wrote:

I like the more robust discussions that take place here but the glee that some seem to take in Argyle's plight is bizarre. I think it detracts from their often sensible reasoning and the sense is lost in the noise.

Hey ho though this is the church that welcomes all, even the non-believers cheers

Well I can assure you that I backed the draw today, and in the Scotland game too, but I was still willing the ball into the net in both games.

What a feckin combination, Scotland and Argyle, at least I can't be accused of being a glory hunter lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today teams   Today teams - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Today teams
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3