Mock Cuncher
Tringreen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

The Cricket Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Nick wrote:
Our (our being Chippenham 3rd XI) use the school pitch that's round the corner from the club proper. They've just had a new artificial pitch laid on the square, right next to our grass one. The sub contractors who laid it did this Sad

I used to play a lot at Roborough. Despite the field having a locked gate it would be invaded by travellers every year. And despite there being enough room for a cricket pitch, 2 football pitches and a warm up area, the only place they could ride their quad bikes was over the cricket square.

Roborough amalgamated with Plymouth Civil Service last year,presumably becasue Civil lost their facilities at Beacon Park.Shame really,Civil used to be a pretty good team in the Devon league,they used to have a guy called Danny Webster,who was seriously quick- he did some coaching for a team i played for in the evening league in Plymouth,he was still pretty sharp in his forties.

Tring,can't seem to access the first two photo's that you posted-any idea why?

Probably my facebook privacy settings. I'll try to ease them.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:29 pm

What is to be done about Bangladesh? 11 years as a test playing nation and seemingly not a smidgen of progress.You'd have thought a country with a population of 142m could turn out a few test class players but at the moment they are a non competitive waste of time.Who would really want to pay good money to watch an unequal struggle,certainly not what test cricket needs at what is a difficult period for that form of the game anyway. The only advantage for many international players is that their averages and figures are being bumped up by performances against the Banglas,if indeed that can be regarded as a plus point.Time for the ICC to take some action and launch an inquiry into all things Bangladesh and to see if something can be done to improve their performance and status.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Went to the MCG yesterday, cracking day at the first test.

Australia are shit and I think they'll lose the series. I don't see enough in their bowling and their batting is fragile. They seem obsessed with Warner, I can't wait until he comes to England and tries to play a swinging ball with that technique.

As for England, I think the tour against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi is shaping up to be a lot tougher than most give them credit for. There is a lot of talent in their side, and we're pretty darn poor on the sub-continent.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Australia have got a shock coming to them.,,, they don't even see the possibility of doing a West Indies. They just don't realise yet that the last 20 years were a golden age, a Coe and Ovett moment in time.
Players like Warne etc just don't grow on eucylyptus trees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:49 am

It seems to me that it is only the bat of Siddle that has been keeping them in games recently.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Is this the right thread to discuss leg breaks?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:47 am

Was at the SCG yesterday...saw Clarke and Hussey reach their respective milestones, then Tendulkar block out until the close. Looks like he's in a good position to get to that elusive 100th century. Good day out, sunburnt now and hungover too. Think this one is Clarke ready to face on 299*...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not sure I rate the Aussie bowling attack very highly even if they have had success against India...Hilfenhous is pretty stock, Siddle is dangerous but only in spurts, no spin option of note and Pattinson has a lot to learn. When Ponting and Hussey retire scores of 600+ will be extremely rare.

alien

EDIT: Actually think it might be Dravid...the other half was quite impressed when I told her that he was the second highest Test run scorer of all time.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:30 am

Nice, Mock. Very nice. I'm not in the slightest bit envious...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:57 am

I think it's amazing how the Aussie public and cricket authorities get behind the Jane Mcgrath foundation. Looks amazing and must raise an absolute fortune for Breast Cancer. Well done to Clarke too, very selfless declaring when he did instead of going after records for himself. And then he gets Tendulkar out with a cracking delivery, not a bad contibution in the game.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Was at the SCG yesterday...saw Clarke and Hussey reach their respective milestones, then Tendulkar block out until the close. Looks like he's in a good position to get to that elusive 100th century. Good day out, sunburnt now and hungover too. Think this one is Clarke ready to face on 299*...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not sure I rate the Aussie bowling attack very highly even if they have had success against India...Hilfenhous is pretty stock, Siddle is dangerous but only in spurts, no spin option of note and Pattinson has a lot to learn. When Ponting and Hussey retire scores of 600+ will be extremely rare.

alien

EDIT: Actually think it might be Dravid...the other half was quite impressed when I told her that he was the second highest Test run scorer of all time.

I saw Rahul Dravid score a century at Taunton a few years back for..........Scotland!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Sachin Tendulkar will he ever reach that milestone before retirement i wonder!!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:51 am

Well England are struggling...after all the criticism levelled at India last summer you'd think our batsmen would be a bit better prepared than they're showing. Still, Broad has a century v Pakistan to his name, so maybe there is yet a chance.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Well England are struggling...after all the criticism levelled at India last summer you'd think our batsmen would be a bit better prepared than they're showing. Still, Broad has a century v Pakistan to his name, so maybe there is yet a chance.

'fraid not,a 10 wicket hammering.Fingers need to be pulled out with immediate effect,Pakistan are a much improved team since the no ball scandal and need to be treated with utter respect.Englansd batting has been very worrying on what seems a decent pitch-shots played which were bordering on complacency.I see the Pakistani opening bowler Cheema played for Cornwood for a few seasons,including last year.Bowled some decent stuff in this game,had Strauss all over the place this morning.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Bleddy old 'ell,whats going on here? Post imperial,subconscious English arrogance manifesting itself in getting to the top of the world and declining? Or are we just shite against spin bowling? Panesar should never play for England again after his "fielding" in the Sri Lankies first innings and Strauss has made one century in 47 test innings.Unforeseen problems are surfacing test by test,Bresnan must play in the next test for a start.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Only listened to it on the radio, and then only from when I got to work at 9am, but it did seem that we weren't batting in the right way. Too used to attacking when perhaps a more pragmatic approach a la Trott was required. Pretty disappointing. Can't see us getting anything from these away fixtures.

Cricket Force at the club on Saturday. Can't wait to get on the mower and paint the changing hut!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket Thread   The Cricket Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cricket Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5