pepsipete
Tringreen
GreenWhiteBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Big couple of days. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:46 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
I believe we will be signing a few players including one Alex Macdonald.

Is he the one the Burnley fans say is fat n crap ? He'll fit in well.

On the wages Brent will pay and with our manager, you'd just have to be desperate to come to HP.

He's a very good player, far better than anything we have

Better than anyone we've got doesn't stop him being crap.

I can remember when Noone couldn't get in the team because compared to who we had on the pitch, he was crap.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Anything happened yet???

I have to admit that I was one of the few, apparently, not overimpressed with the Burnley lad last season. Seemed to start with a rush and then run out of steam.

Better than what we've got is not the most impressive of testimonials.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:59 pm

I like Paul Roberts synopsis on on squad and recruitement over the other side

Quote :
We seem to have a mixtures of past-its and not-quite-theres in our current squad, with very little in between. When Sturrock got us out of this league a decade ago, our squad was made up of players in their mid-to-late 20s; Trigger and Friio were the relative veterans at 28, with Joe Broad and Ian Stonebridge the only teenagers.

Fletcher's squad, on the other hand, is packed full of young lads and veterans - with only Williams, Blanchard and Bhasera in the age range when physical and technical attributes align - the so-called 'peak' years for outfield players.

This theory holds water at all levels. Of Manchester City's title-winning squad last season, only one regular was aged over 30 (Gareth Barry - only just), and not one was under 20.

We need more of these 'peak-years' players if we're to have any chance of getting out of this league. If our next signing is another kid on loan, or an ancient old pro seeking one last payday, then I'll cry.

Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Dougie wrote:
I like Paul Roberts synopsis on on squad and recruitement over the other side

Quote :
We seem to have a mixtures of past-its and not-quite-theres in our current squad, with very little in between. When Sturrock got us out of this league a decade ago, our squad was made up of players in their mid-to-late 20s; Trigger and Friio were the relative veterans at 28, with Joe Broad and Ian Stonebridge the only teenagers.

Fletcher's squad, on the other hand, is packed full of young lads and veterans - with only Williams, Blanchard and Bhasera in the age range when physical and technical attributes align - the so-called 'peak' years for outfield players.

This theory holds water at all levels. Of Manchester City's title-winning squad last season, only one regular was aged over 30 (Gareth Barry - only just), and not one was under 20.

We need more of these 'peak-years' players if we're to have any chance of getting out of this league. If our next signing is another kid on loan, or an ancient old pro seeking one last payday, then I'll cry.

That is spot on for me. And that last sentence sums up our entire signing policy for so many years now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Paul Roberts, whoever he is, seems to have a better knowledge than our current manager, owner and sidekicks. He'll be banned.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Anyone else who still can't get into the PAFC website, tried both on home computer and work computer.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:12 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Anyone else who still can't get into the PAFC website, tried both on home computer and work computer.

Its working fine for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Maybe it'll be another first in football.

A bit like the amazing idea to move the family area closest to the away fans so that the two sets can mingle.

Maybe it's another massive flag to cover the 10,000 empty seats that will be visible otherwise.

Maybe Nool will finally be unveiled as the executive director, the worst kept secret in history. Why else would he still be in the director's box? He's done nothing to warrant being there.

Or maybe forza shitta have a brand new flag display for us.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 pm

That's unfair YM, he's carried out Nick's auction and is Jimmy's chauffeur, jeez he even led the war like a prapppppppppa fan!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Isn't anyone worried about the big clubs coming in and tempting away our players?

That's the upside of being crap, I suppose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Isn't anyone worried about the big clubs coming in and tempting away our players?

What have you heard? Are Torquay sniffing around Hourihane?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:39 pm

If greenwhiteblack wants to give more detail of the proposed signings we can give him another alias such as Theep Droat so he can post info without fear of reprisals. I don't see any problems with this. Bindsor Woy is also available if anyone wants to attack the trust Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Has Serrick Danderson been taken?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Has Serrick Danderson been taken?

Roughly, from behind, if rumours are true. Shocked
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Ooer Matron.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:51 pm

He is back tracking on signing players tomorrow. I will not be rushed he has said.

more here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 pm

paul roberts observations are what some of us have been saying for a year now !!!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Straight talking with former Plymouth Argyle favourite Danny Salman again

I know Carl Fletcher and his group of players have a difficult job on their hands, but it’s obviously been a difficult start to the season for Plymouth Argyle.

They’ve had three tough away games, to be sure, but what concerns me is although it’s early in the season, the same sort of problems seem to be cropping up

That was particularly evident in the home defeat by Aldershot, where we kept giving the ball away.

Many supporters, through the media outlets which are available to them, are urging everyone to give Argyle time and be patient.

In one respect, they’re right about that, as it is only the start of the season.

But if anyone has a good look at our squad, then they’ll see that, predominantly, it is the same one we had last season.

All right, there’s been a few players added and a few are out injured, but it’s basically the same midfield, the same defence and the same attack.

It’s not like they need time to learn how to work together, because most of them were in the same squad last season.

This leads to question what difference there is this season from last season and have things got any better than they were?

The defence is basically the same as last season and while they can be strong, they are also prone to being vulnerable, which is the same as last season.

Are the midfield creating enough chances and are we scoring enough goals. The team is doing neither and the problem is that we don’t look like we’re going to score the goals.

So there’s no difference again from last season. We’re getting the same problems and they don’t seem to have been addressed.

Against Dagenham and Redbridge (away), Jake Cole was superb in goal and the defence held firm, although we were still lucky to come away with a point.

So yes, I agree it’s still early in the season, but the flip side of the coin is that we’ve still got the same problems.

There’s some areas from last season which are weak and they’ve got to be put right.

As I said, I know Carl and his group have got a difficult job, but there are other teams out there who have been through administration and don’t have a lot of money, but who seem to do better than us.

I think what it comes down to is that we have to play differently and use a different style to the one we are using now.

Playing a long ball up to the centre forward is a dicey game, because it depends of him being able to get on the end of the ball and make something happen.

I believe you’ve got to play a style according to the players you have at your disposal and I’m wondering if we’ve the right players for a long-ball style.

We need to change from what we were doing last year and ask some questions and try to put things right.

Are the midfield going to keep possession of the ball more, for example?

Personally, I wouldn’t be doing what we’re doing at the moment.

I’d play a different style of football, one that fitted the players that we have at the club at the moment.

I will be the first to admit I may be all wrong about this. After all, Argyle have a few players out injured and their inclusion in the team might make all the difference. I certainly hope that’s the case, because whatever happens, it needs to happen soon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:43 pm

not carl fletcher's biggest fan is danny.as an ex pro his views are worth listening to ..not that PAFC would be too happy,especially the jam boys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Can anyone with half a brain argue with his vies!
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Imo he's just about got it spot on, it's just a worry why fletch can't or wont see it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 pm

oddball wrote:
not carl fletcher's biggest fan is danny.as an ex pro his views are worth listening to ..not that PAFC would be too happy,especially the jam boys

Not sure Salman was ever an "Argyle favourite!" Laughing

But yeah, you're spot on Odders. His views are worth more than all of ours put together, and knocks Webbys propagandist rubbish in to orbit.

Hopefully if Brent reads that, it may provide just a smidgen of food for thought.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:16 pm

How about replacing Fetcher with Salman as Manager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:01 am

pepsipete wrote:
How about replacing Fetcher with Salman as Manager?

That is what CF's defenders will say about the article, just you wait and see. Salman has been fishing bom for the job for a couple of seasons using his article as a job interview. To me that smacks of looking for a motive for the words written instead of listening to the message which is by and large correct.

We are pinning our hopes on a couple of players coming back to fitness, one of them someone who has never played league football. That is one heck of a gamble.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Theres Alex Macdonald. Think we might see a few more though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big couple of days.   Big couple of days. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big couple of days.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next