GO BIG OR GO HOME

Go down 
+2
Freathy
Tringreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 00:02

Whats with the Small time attitude of some people , I shocked at the celebration of drawing with burnley. Its an attitude that will insure Argyle continue to be small minded off the pitch !!!!

Why are some fans Accepting this outlook ???? When man city dropped down to the 3rd division do you think they just accepted things ? no !!! they rolled there sleeves up and fixed the mess they were in !!!!!!
Back to top Go down

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 00:09

REAL FANS BOYCOTT SATURDAY
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 04:43

punchdrunk wrote:

I'm with ya Punchie ! lol!

Lost on penalties to Burnley Reserves................. we've clearly turned the corner.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 08:20

This will be enough for the brent and fletcher lovers to think so
Back to top Go down

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 08:25

Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Fair play to Tring for this one...possibly his funniest post ever. If you do boycott the game on saturday, Tring...how will we know the difference? lol!
Back to top Go down
Thai green

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 08:34

Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Fair play to Tring for this one...possibly his funniest post ever. If you do boycott the game on saturday, Tring...how will we know the difference? lol!

It will be in his body language, he will 'turn the other cheek', 'turn his back on Argyle', face Turkey not Plymouth, soak up the sun ( envious cries from a sodden Cornwall !!!) instead of soaking up the depression at H.P. You will see him on the beach, walking up and down smiling, ( Home Park goers don't 'do' beach walking, they sit under a cloud! )

So the signs will be there for all to see. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 08:37

Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

I won't go on live chat Wink

Just seen your comment Thai and I like your style. Should I don a sarong too ? A green one of course.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 08:44

Tringreen wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Just seen your comment Thai and I like your style. Should I don a sarong too ? A green one of course.

lol! Anything BUT green Tring, you are supposed to be boycotting !! I will be wearing a soft pink one to excite the Ladyboys......too much information Shocked

I may 'turn my back' on Argyle player too....the ultimate in boycotting for me, no Sparksy.....shock! Sadly I AM in Cornwall not Thailand right now so its cricket for me at a small village called Luckett in 'deepest Cornwall', hopefully a dry day , for a change, soaking up the atmosphere of village cricket, I am sure you know what I mean?! A far cry from H.P.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 09:34

Thai green wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

lol! Anything BUT green Tring, you are supposed to be boycotting !! I will be wearing a soft pink one to excite the Ladyboys......too much information Shocked

I may 'turn my back' on Argyle player too....the ultimate in boycotting for me, no Sparksy.....shock! Sadly I AM in Cornwall not Thailand right now so its cricket for me at a small village called Luckett in 'deepest Cornwall', hopefully a dry day , for a change, soaking up the atmosphere of village cricket, I am sure you know what I mean?! A far cry from H.P.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I miss club cricket and bitter beer. Just had a look, Redruth at home. Punching above their weight at Luckett ?

I was involved at this club below, for 25yrs. Small provincial town club but now punching at the top level. None of it, including the new pavilion happened by accident. A small group of determined and astute people, backed by some moderate investment at the right time, transformed the mindset of the club.
If only Argyle had similar ,after Pulis had pruned our squad, made us hard to beat and left Holloway with a solid base on which to work his magic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 10:11

Tringreen wrote:
Thai green wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhh I miss club cricket and bitter beer. Just had a look, Redruth at home. Punching above their weight at Luckett ?

I was involved at this club below, for 25yrs. Small provincial town club but now punching at the top level. None of it, including the new pavilion happened by accident. A small group of determined and astute people, backed by some moderate investment at the right time, transformed the mindset of the club.
If only Argyle had similar ,after Pulis had pruned our squad, made us hard to beat and left Holloway with a solid base on which to work his magic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know Luckett very well,in fact i had a not very successful one off season with them in the 1990's and played with Andy Brenton,Mark Southcott,John Schuttkacker [good name,eh] and Greg Sleep,stalwarts of the current team, in my halcyon days.They do punch a bit above their weight but have always had very good players and a good set up-they have been run for years and years by a guy called Len Roberts,a very keen Argyle fan as well-i think he still does the ground and is the scorer,very dedicated man.It's always been difficult for Luckett to retain their very best players with clubs like Callington and Werrington hovering,a case in point was Matt Robins,who played for them from when he was about 11 years old but was eventually good enough to play a few games for Notts second eleven and who obviously had to move upwards to further his prospects.I think they've struggled badly this year and will start as heavy underdogs against Ruth but a good club none the less and they always seem to bounce back.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 10:14

Small time off and ON the pitch, I have no doubt we will revert to hoofball tatics on Saturday I will be going, because as a REAL fan I want to see exactly what is going on, given all the commentary talk of "perhaps we have turned a corner" last night. No doubt Fletcher will play up the we are getting better line, but nothing has changed. We have a bloated squad of average quality players (excepting three or four) which has between Fletcher and Brent been mismanaged. To the point we are scrabbling around to get a striker who can actually score before the transfer window closes on Friday, despite having five or six in the squad already or a midfielder who can make an accurate pass. I will be making a note on Saturday of how many times we hoof it forward to the invisible man, quite a few I expect.
TAXI FOR FLETCHER........ Mad
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 10:48

Thai green wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Try wearing soft pink in Luckett and see what happens Shocked

I'm with you guys, I miss the cricket. Plympton and Yealmpton benefitted from my wicket keeper/batsman skills for a number of years. Didn't play much in Cornwall, visited Werrington a few times, got my only century down there on a cracker of a pitch. Recent exploits have been with Milton Abbot in the Tamar League as a favour to my brother in law, when they were short - now that IS village cricket - good fun though, and always friendly.

As for Saturday, the golf course beckons - it's a medal, so have to be there!
Back to top Go down
Thai green

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 23:38

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Thai green wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

I'm with you guys, I miss the cricket. Plympton and Yealmpton benefitted from my wicket keeper/batsman skills for a number of years. Didn't play much in Cornwall, visited Werrington a few times, got my only century down there on a cracker of a pitch. Recent exploits have been with Milton Abbot in the Tamar League as a favour to my brother in law, when they were short - now that IS village cricket - good fun though, and always friendly.

lol! Very true Plympton P, actually I will be in red, as in Redruth colours, I am a life member and we proudly sit on top of Cornwall Div. 1 right now, promotion to the Cornwall Prmiership could and should be sorted out at Luckett. I enjoyed reading your comments P.P. especially about Milton Abbot, a praaappper village!

As for Luckett, you are right Greenskin, one of my favourite cricket destinations, I am sad that they may well be destined for relegation but I am sure you are right about the 'pull' of teams like Callington in the Premiership. I recognise the names you mentioned G.S. stalwarts of Luckett, whilst I hope Redruth will win ( they should do ) I wish good luck for the future of Luckett, may they bounce back up quickly! A good Club!

Tring, thanks for the link to the Tring Cricket Club, I enjoyed reading their history and the present state of affairs, what a good example to others about hard work achieving so much, the pavillion looks superb, a thriving Club and all its teams are doing well I believe. No wonder you enjoy going there to pass the hours listening to leather on willow! Do they play cricket in Cyprus?

Anyway I should let this thread get back to its subject, sorry to hijack it 'slightly' lol! oh and by the way I am not a man of Redruth, I was born on Dartmoor ( west ), went to Tavistock School , when not in Thailand I am in North Cornwall but support Redruth , an hours drive away! Its a very friendly, hard-working club, smaller but with the same ideals as Tring C.C. I expect.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 06:21

Thai green wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Thai green wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

lol! Very true Plympton P, actually I will be in red, as in Redruth colours, I am a life member and we proudly sit on top of Cornwall Div. 1 right now, promotion to the Cornwall Prmiership could and should be sorted out at Luckett. I enjoyed reading your comments P.P. especially about Milton Abbot, a praaappper village!

As for Luckett, you are right Greenskin, one of my favourite cricket destinations, I am sad that they may well be destined for relegation but I am sure you are right about the 'pull' of teams like Callington in the Premiership. I recognise the names you mentioned G.S. stalwarts of Luckett, whilst I hope Redruth will win ( they should do ) I wish good luck for the future of Luckett, may they bounce back up quickly! A good Club!

Tring, thanks for the link to the Tring Cricket Club, I enjoyed reading their history and the present state of affairs, what a good example to others about hard work achieving so much, the pavillion looks superb, a thriving Club and all its teams are doing well I believe. No wonder you enjoy going there to pass the hours listening to leather on willow! Do they play cricket in Cyprus?

Anyway I should let this thread get back to its subject, sorry to hijack it 'slightly' lol! oh and by the way I am not a man of Redruth, I was born on Dartmoor ( west ), went to Tavistock School , when not in Thailand I am in North Cornwall but support Redruth , an hours drive away! Its a very friendly, hard-working club, smaller but with the same ideals as Tring C.C. I expect.

They do play cricket dear boy but not the natives. The British bases have the only real pitches and they are artificial. Apart from the Brits it is mainly Asian immigrants that make up the 8 clubs on the island. Trouble is, in recent years because of tighter security, many of the Asians can't get onto the bases as they are WOPS.....Without papers. I've done some umpiring but stopped when they wanted us to wear long , dark trousers and proper shirts !

TPCC used to host a John Player Sunday League match for Northants every year, until they got greedy and wanted guaranteed money, rain or shine. We always got a good crowd of 4 to 5k. We had similar in 1986 when we hosted a benefit match for Joel Garner, only weeks after he and Viv were axed by Somerset and Both walked in protest. All three played along with the likes of Pringle and Gladstone Small. What an experience, keeping wicket with Beef n Viv at the crease at the same time !
It was also quite an experience in the showers afterwards. As my mate remarked after Gladstone vacated, 'Christ Brooksie, it was like a baby's arm holding a Worcester Pearmain !'
You get some great stories from playing cricket. Anyone got any to share ? Beats the f*ck out of talking about Argyle these days.
Back to top Go down

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 09:53

I'm
Aging cricket tonight for the green taverners
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 11:16

Saltash green wrote:
I'm
Aging cricket tonight for the green taverners

Hope the paramedics are on standby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GO BIG OR GO HOME    GO BIG OR GO HOME  Empty

Back to top Go down

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Page 1 of 1