Freathy
Dougie
shonbo
Mock Cuncher
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Anybody else going Dagenham? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:49 pm

I'll be making the trip on the supporters coaches.

Looking forward to our first away game despite saturday. We have a pretty good record against them. 0 0 draw Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Yeah don't bother keeping a seat for me though Cobi. I might give this one a miss on the supporters coach in this heat?

Wafting fat man sweat all the way to Essex without stopping long enough for a panic wank, not for me thanks all the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Yeah don't bother keeping a seat for me though Cobi. I might give this one a miss on the supporters coach in this heat?

Wafting fat man sweat all the way to Essex without stopping long enough for a panic wank, not for me thanks all the same.

I was thinking that, but I never go to away days on the train anymore, lets just say I'm not very good at trains, routes, times etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I was thinking that, but I never go to away days on the train anymore, lets just say I'm not very good at trains, routes, times etc

Yep, I'll be there. I wouldn't dream of going via any other method than train. A nice bottle of red and the Guardian whilst my driver chugs me through the English countryside. Perfect.

Only people who are medically or legally unfit to drive go on the official coaches don't they..?

Are you on the GT's coach Cobi? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Yep, I'll be there. I wouldn't dream of going via any other method than train. A nice bottle of red and the Guardian whilst my driver chugs me through the English countryside. Perfect.

Only people who are medically or legally unfit to drive go on the official coaches don't they..?

I use the supporters coaches because they take me from A - B, yes I may be a Devonport High boy but transport isn't my strong point.

I have been on the GT's coach, once, that was awkward, never again :p
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Even the GTs couldn't fill a coach for this one, in spite (because?) of Newell's glowing tributes to their service.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Nick Wall wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I use the supporters coaches because they take me from A - B, yes I may be a Devonport High boy but transport isn't my strong point.

I have been on the GT's coach, once, that was awkward, never again :p

I remember being on the supporters coach going to Newport when Noddy's somewhat erratic behaviour meant the police searched the coach from head to toe convinced there was booze on board. 40 minutes we were at the roadside until the coppers called assistance because he was pissed off with Noddy following him everywhere singing - We love youuuuuuuuu Argyle, we doooooooooooooooo every 10 seconds.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks, Nick. I've been racking my brain to think who should have been painted on the walls at the Devonport...... top supporters, of course!!!!

Noddy is a shoe-in. Umbrella Vi is another. Michael Foot a third.

Who amongst the present supporters?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Webby & IJN? :arrow: Oops wrong site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:40 pm

knecht wrote:
Thanks, Nick. I've been racking my brain to think who should have been painted on the walls at the Devonport...... top supporters, of course!!!!

Noddy is a shoe-in. Umbrella Vi is another. Michael Foot a third.

Who amongst the present supporters?

Carlisle John (the only name I know) is a stalwart I always seem to see. Good idea by the way, would love to see a mural of our best loved supporters.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:39 pm

I nominate Mrs Purse for the supporters mural.

And I'll be at Dagenham. Kind of local. Aviva!

Last edited by Dougie on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Pitbull wrote:
I'll be making the trip on the supporters coaches.

You have my deepest sympathy. I used the official supporters coach once just to see what is was like. I went to yeovil for the League Cup a few years back, you know the one when Gary Johnson allowed us to score from the restart by allowing Stevie Crawford to walk in the goal - and we still f***ing lost. I just wanted to experience the coach but never again in a million years would I do that! It was only Yeovil but it felt like the longest journey of my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 pm

I used to go to every away game when we were in the CCC,along with a few well known Pasotites,not anymore though.I wont even go to HP to watch the current team.So Cobi thats a NO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:45 pm

I would rather travel to a match on an open air flatbed truck then go in one of those "official" coaches,no atmosphere, no banter and most importantly of all...no booze.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Away matches are even less attractive than home matches - and these days I don't do many home matches.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm just hoping FV don't impede/invade the normally vocal unorganised organic away support. It's definitely not needed. If El Pres thinks anything other he's not been to many away games or the last few decades.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:13 pm

I once went on a supporters coach and bloody thankful I was of it too. I'd got the train from London up to Walsall for the Championship winng celebration in 75 (0-0 draw and then beaten at Peterborough meant it didn't happen). I then needed to get back to Muff and I was kindly offered a place by the driver of one of the coaches. If not, I might still be there now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Cobi after thinking about it for several seconds I'm afraid it's a no from me. But good luck to you have a good trip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I once went on a supporters coach and bloody thankful I was of it too. I'd got the train from London up to Walsall for the Championship winng celebration in 75 (0-0 draw and then beaten at Peterborough meant it didn't happen). I then needed to get back to Muff and I was kindly offered a place by the driver of one of the coaches. If not, I might still be there now!

I bet you were allowed to booze on them buses
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 pm

I was planning on attending this one but I cannot be arsed.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I was planning on attending this one but I cannot be arsed.

You going to Oxford on Saturday Frank?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:10 pm

I went on the GT's coach to Sheffield Wednesday a couple years ago - the surprise 4-1 win. I took the only reasonable course of action available to anyone undertaking that length of journey - I necked two bottles of Port, passed out somewhere around Bristol, and my slobbering carcass was dragged from the coach in a semi-comatose state outside Hillsborough. Despite my best efforts, I did get to see the match.

I'd successfully avoided a 5 hour coach journey on the way up - the only problem was I wasn't able to face doing the same for the return, so spent a mind-numbing return journey drinking (some very necessary) water and failing to sleep it off.

I'll never go further than Bristol by coach ever again. Horrible way to travel.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 pm

I once went from Liskeard to Aberdeen and back by coach for a funeral. Took about three days all told.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Went to Sunderland in the late 80's. Left home park at midnight to get there for 11am, which we just did.

Won two games of nine card brag, which was a huge pot by the time I won it. Got hammered, as everyone on the coach including noddy, who was bolloxed when we arrived in Plymouth at 9pm.

Was with a group of mates though and allowed alcohol which certainly helps.

Sunderland is a skanky shithole in February I can tell you. Police told us to stay by the seaside pubs and stay away from town. The seaside is the feckin North sea and you can see oilrigs, the feckin seaside!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm going to see if James Brent needs a lift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going Dagenham?   Anybody else going Dagenham? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody else going Dagenham?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next