Tringreen
VillageGreen
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Carl Fletcher to be given time !! Empty
PostSubject: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 am

VillageGreen wrote:

Link doesn't work...................................... we are now totally and utterly village anyway, so give him the job for life ffs !
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 am

Tringreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Link doesn't work...................................... we are now totally and utterly village anyway, so give him the job for life ffs !

Link working now.

Yes,it looks like the Brent/Fletcher love-in will go on for awhile longer it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 am

Tringreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

with a 1 year rolling contract, it could already be a job for life, your in same boat as us tring, can't afford to sack the manager, & manager won't resign... look how far you've come bhey Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 am

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

with a 1 year rolling contract, it could already be a job for life, your in same boat as us tring, can't afford to sack the manager, & manager won't resign... look how far you've come bhey Wink

I knew we were heading for trouble but even I didn't think it would get this bad. We now have the visionless ones helping to plot the way forward.

At least I won't be missing anything by being abroad.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 am

Quote :
"I have a huge amount of admiration for the many folk who look into their crystal balls and tell us exactly where we are going to end up because I'm afraid mine is very cloudy and I couldn't tell you."

Brent added: "One of the things which I think is really great about what Carl is doing, and I think this does sometimes get missed, is he's all about building a team rather than a collective of talented individuals.

Statement One. It's what football fans do.

Statement Two. Really it that what he's trying to do and we all missed it. Is this another first in football for Argyle. Someone should ring Alex Ferguson quick.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:47 am

I wasn't aware that rebuilding a bad team means retaining most of them, then filling it out further which leads to consuming most of the budget.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:49 am

I don't think anyone would call any argyle player a "talented individual"!
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:19 pm

As I've said elsewhere, I doubt very much that CF's job is in danger unless it starts to look like we might get relegated. The 'building a team' and 'he's learning of the job' reasons can be trotted out to explain the likely lower mid-table finish this season, while Brent gets on with the important work of land/property development.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:48 pm

That seems to be it in a nutshell pump enough money in just to keep us in the league, with a cheap and unproven manager and a mediocre squad, with a veneer of it's all going great at Home Park by Forze Verde singing, waving flags and singing pre determined chants. Another long season everyone of hoofing it forward to a cluless Feeney and Chadwick the carthorse.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:01 pm

akagreengull wrote:
That seems to be it in a nutshell pump enough money in just to keep us in the league, with a cheap and unproven manager and a mediocre squad, with a veneer of it's all going great at Home Park by Forze Verde singing, waving flags and singing pre determined chants. Another long season everyone of hoofing it forward to a cluless Feeney and Chadwick the carthorse.

As long as there are enough mugs to turn up and pay up, Brent Sahib will be happy.

The question is, just how many dimwits are there ? With more woeful performances on the cards, even the most loyal of dimwits must start to question whether there might be better things to do with their time and money.

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Agree Tringreen, I live less than five miles from Plainmoor, where there is a superior squad, a far better manager and a much improved ground. Think I may have to make some decisions as to how to spend my hard earned dosh.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Isn't his remit threefold-

1. Improve the first team;
2. Play attractive football;
3. Improve and utilise the youth system.

I think this is what JB stated on the radio Plymouth interview. 1 and 2 don't look so good at the moment (maybe the loan market will help?). #3 might struggle with the loss of Gordon Bennett, and elevation of Hodges?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Agree Tringreen, I live less than five miles from Plainmoor, where there is a superior squad, a far better manager and a much improved ground. Think I may have to make some decisions as to how to spend my hard earned dosh.

I'm not knocking you as such, but would you happily watch Torquay from now on because Argyle are crap?

Much as I am totally pissed off with what has happened at Argyle I could never wander over to watch another team play, even if it just meant crossing the street. I ahve watched many games that don't involve Argyle but there is no passion or emotion involved, just watch with interest.

If too many people get fed up off watching the shite served up at Home Park I would imagine that the danger would be that these fans would watch a Premier League team instead, but I hadn't envisaged losing fans to local rivals.

For me I would perhaps watch another sport like cricket, but no matter who was playing and how good the football was at a rivals, I could never switch allegiance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Depends on the attendances at the end of the day.If they hold up then everything will be hunky dory,however if the results are poor and the attendances plummet I think Fletcher will be off.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi Greenjock, my support of Argyle is ongoing and passionate, have just seen the two pre seasons at HP, nothing on display at these two games to give me hope. I tend to watch the Gulls half a dozen or so times a season when we are away, I have no problem cheering on the Gulls (don't chant yellow army) and celebrating a goal. I think its an individual thing wether you can cheer on another team.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:

i think he's come up a bit short on the money front then.

we are doomed, i tell thee
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 pm

I'll give Fletch until midnight to pack his bags if he fks this up tonight. Brent will see it differently of course.

As for akagreengull choosing to watch Torquay instead of Argyle should it go belly up this season, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Torquay have never been seen as rivals (in the traditional sense) and most Argyle fans I know have always wished the best for them. I believe the non-league scene in the Midlands (which we obviously lack in the SW) is doing pretty good at the moment with fans of Derby, Forest, Leicester etc deserting their own clubs in preference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:49 pm

It shows how far we've fallen though when you might have used to go to watch Torquay when Argyle were away and you couldn't make it, just for the craic, but now you have to go to Plainmoor to watch decent football being played!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Fletcher has shown nothing up to now to give us any confidence, three friendly's played no goals and no idea! the signing of that injury prone freebie from chesterfield who got injured straight away sealed my belief the guy aint got a scooby!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Looks like the idiocy of following a crap team around the country is beginning to wear off. The silly hat wearers will try to generate enthusiasm to please Brent Sahib and keep their hats but only the dullest Avivas will climb on board come winter.
Who's goin Fleetwood ? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Leicester & Forest ARENT deserting their clubs.
Derby's attendances are falling because they sell their best players & recuit lower league replacements despite having 25k fans most home games.
Of note is a Derby season tickets are cheaper than Argyle !

As stated elsewhere fans of all 3 clubs have experienced 'glory' and are convinced those days WILL return............we on the other hand have some large flags.

avvia ! jocolor
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

I am an Argyle fan have been for forty plus years, thats the bottom line, but sadly the best football I saw last season was at Plainmoor, played by the Gulls. Fact: wish it was'nt true, but thats my reality. I took my green tinted glasses off some time ago.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:48 pm

So fletcher the clueless is here as long as BRENT SAHIB is here then. Thank f*** I never wasted money on a ST.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Totally fed up with this lack of any sort of ambition.

Clubs coming out of Administration are debt free ( or have a level of debt the owner has agreed to) and certainly at this level, where the gate money PAFC gets is among the highest in the Division, Argyle should be well able to finance a promotion push within the limits of the 55% of turnover wage cap.

Harry's going on again about a "competitive budget" when all he's do is allow Fletcher to spend a proportion of the money the fans have put into the club-just like the rail companies going on about how they're investing, they aren't investing, they're just spending the money the public hands over. Same with Argyle, Harry's already got his money back by flogging off the Ground, he's "investing" f**k all in the football club, he's just controlling how other people's money will be spent-typical merchant banker.

The sooner he gets bored with his new toy (and his new mates) and pisses off, the better.

and another thing-why the f**k have we got a squad of over 2 dozen players? This must be one of the biggest squads in the bottom 2 divisions. As I've said before, any idiot (except Fletcher Harry and the puppets) know that 1/26th of a plying budget is a lot less than 1/20th!

We may have crap players, but at least we,ve got plenty of 'em

PS. Anyone told Harry you can only have 11 on the pitch?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher to be given time !!   Carl Fletcher to be given time !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Carl Fletcher to be given time !!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next