What team will pompey field?

Go down 
+2
VillageGreen
Flat_Track_Bully
6 posters
AuthorMessage

What team will pompey field? Empty
PostSubject: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Well, it looks like Pompey will make it, which is positive, but the question is, what sort of team will they field on tuesday. Surely the FL will not allow them to go on a mass signing spree.

They shouldn't have any registered players on tuesday, but something tells me they will.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:09 pm

The minute they come out of admin they will send the paperwork to the FA to complete the signing of all the trialists they have had at the club. If they come out of admin on Monday I suspect that they will have a decent number of pro's officially signed by kick off on Tuesday. There won't be anything the FA can do about it, because I don't think you can put an embargo on a team that doesn't have at least 11 professional players. Besides, the wages of all their 'new' players added together will almost certainly be considerably less than the 36k a week they were paying Ben Haim, so you wouldn't really be able to claim that they would be adding unnecessarily to their running costs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 pm

I thought they were under a 12 month transfer embargo for entering administration for a second time...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:17 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I thought they were under a 12 month transfer embargo for entering administration for a second time...?

I think Pompeys embargo worked differently to ours. They can take the piss out of the system.

Remember to put some money in the buckest to pay thier next £20k a week signing.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:23 am

Pompey will have pre-offered players like Izzie Mcleod and the others who have played in the very successful pre-season VERY substantial contracts and as soon as adminstration is lifted they will sign. They also have Connor Clifford on loan from Chelsea. Make no mistake they will have a team in wating more than capable of finishing L1 champions. Whether these players will all be eligible to play against us on Tuesday I don't know but I'm sure Pompey's youth players are easily a match for our 'team'. Argyle and Pompey both recently exited administration but now heading in VERY different directions.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:28 am

11/8 away win if you fancy it freathy...............
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Meanwhile, over on the farm, people who should know better are moaning about the terms under which the new owner will buy the club:

Staff & FC debts repaid over 4 years (not Harry's five)

Creditors to get 2p in the £ (a lot more than the Argyle creditors got)

Unbelievable!

it's not the "Battle of the Ports" any more it's the "Battle of the Asset strippers"
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Meanwhile, over on the farm, people who should know better are moaning about the terms under which the new owner will buy the club:

Staff & FC debts repaid over 4 years (not Harry's five)

Creditors to get 2p in the £ (a lot more than the Argyle creditors got)

Unbelievable!

it's not the "Battle of the Ports" any more it's the "Battle of the Asset strippers"

Do they have jamboys too ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What team will pompey field?   What team will pompey field? Empty

Back to top Go down

What team will pompey field?
Page 1 of 1