27% [ 3 ]
Oblivion (23rd-24th)
Season Predictions Vote_lcap55%Season Predictions Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Pre-season is almost finished, so what are your predictions for the season?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Lets wait and see what players we have first.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Can only base this prediction on how things currently stand. So based on our current squad and that things look very unlikely to improve.............2011/12 will be our last as a league club for at least a few years.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:56 am

off to the bookies now, to bet on relegation
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:58 am

10;1 odds, surely worth a flutter
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Freathy

Freathy

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 am

With the rumoured addition of Warren 'goal machine' Feeney the opposition's net won't be bulging much this season. However, if he's 'agreed to sign' then we can all relax as he won't be joining. lol!

I have never looked forward to a season less than I'm looking forward this one.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:42 am

Well I haven't even raised a flutter of interest so far Freathy so i'm certainly saluting that one, but as i've got a couple of minutes spare i'll indulge the sideshow.

I've no idea really, remembering back 10 years for the standard is difficult. I reckon our facilities will give us a bit of help (training and pitch) but i've long since questioned Reidy's understanding of the game at this level. He's made some truly tumbleweed signings and does seem to be relying on kids again, it didn't work in league 1 and the cloggers get bigger and stronger the lower you drop. I reckon they could get kicked into Cornwall with a favourable wind.

With half an eye on my local side Crawley Town I can say it's chalk and cheese, they're streets ahead in terms of quality of signings and they're big strong men too. Otherwise it's a bit of a leap in the dark, no idea where it's going to go.

I've plumped for lower mid table purely because I reckon when fit and together they might be able to play a bit higher than the norm at home but injuries will take their toll and away from home through winter sorts the men from the boys and PAFC 125 has an awful lot of boys.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Sorry, still can't see 2 clubs worse than you, so had to go for bottom 2

Feeney has rejected a move to PAFC today, guess he wants pennies in his pocket each month, who can you see signing if they're not going to get paid?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Greenskin

Greenskin

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:22 pm

X Isle wrote:
Well I haven't even raised a flutter of interest so far Freathy so i'm certainly saluting that one, but as i've got a couple of minutes spare i'll indulge the sideshow.

I've no idea really, remembering back 10 years for the standard is difficult. I reckon our facilities will give us a bit of help (training and pitch) but i've long since questioned Reidy's understanding of the game at this level. He's made some truly tumbleweed signings and does seem to be relying on kids again, it didn't work in league 1 and the cloggers get bigger and stronger the lower you drop. I reckon they could get kicked into Cornwall with a favourable wind.

With half an eye on my local side Crawley Town I can say it's chalk and cheese, they're streets ahead in terms of quality of signings and they're big strong men too. Otherwise it's a bit of a leap in the dark, no idea where it's going to go.

I've plumped for lower mid table purely because I reckon when fit and together they might be able to play a bit higher than the norm at home but injuries will take their toll and away from home through winter sorts the men from the boys and PAFC 125 has an awful lot of boys.

It still boils down to finance,rather than judgement,though,i would say,Smiffy.There's really no comparison between Argyle and Crawley [never thought i'd be saying that in a million years,but there we are] in terms of being able to attract decent signings.Be honest,if you were a 25-30 year old,reasonable pro footballer,married with a kid or whatever,would you even contemplate jeopardising your future by coming to a club like Argyle with a prospect of receiving no pay? It looks to me as if the choice is kids or seasoned pro's desperate for a last chance in the game [Elding,Dickinson,Feeney] after being rejected by a series of other clubs and the manager is stuck with that situation.

It seems to be a common perception that our previous promotions from this league were based on bargain basement signings and put together by managers familiar with the lower leagues.Only true up to a point.Warnock [certainly familiar with the lower leagues] was able to finance his team through the sale of players previously on the books and Dan's money,Sturrock [completely unfamiliar with the lower leagues] was able to sign people like Coughlan,Worrell,Evans,Keith,Hodges etc,who were playing at a higher level and who would not have been cheap,presumably through Nic Warren's bankrolling.I don't think Reid will have the wherewithal that those managers had and is operating with tied hands,i hope the full picture is understood by the majority of fans.And Ridsdale,come to that. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Season Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season Predictions   Season Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Season Predictions
Page 1 of 1