How are we doing with this?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

How are we doing with this? Empty
PostSubject: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Mr President wrote:

The Club has a solid block of communications from now until the start of the season. Really is a mixed bag. On the field, off the field, community, suppliers, fan engagement etc etc. I think today will contain one or two of these plus a relaunch of the membership packages.

I've counted at least 4 or 5 'first time in football' ideas that the Club is unveiling this summer. Exciting times ahead.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Well so far

1) Putting the family zone in between home and away fans result BOMBED
2) Pasty Vote result whoever wins will be the wrong choice in the eyes of many as so many like one or the other
3) Wooden dugouts Result more bad then good reaction to them 80 - 20 if out of 100
4) Defacing the Devonport end with paintings result loved by FV1886 members questioned by many as to why Darren Purse is included and why FV1886 are promoted heavily and not the club
5) Singing PUP to Pompey fans result very VERY bad reaction from fans

i think i missed some out so feel free to add

But so far exciting times ahead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:49 pm

TBF he is trying really hard to make a difference, it's not his fault he only got dealt a pair of 2's, Alistair Campbell would have trouble bigging the club at the mo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Renegade wrote:
Well so far

2) Pasty Vote result whoever wins will be the wrong choice in the eyes of many as so many like one or the other
3) Wooden dugouts Result more bad then good reaction to them 80 - 20 if out of 100
4) Defacing the Devonport end with paintings result loved by FV1886 members questioned by many as to why Darren Purse is included and why FV1886 are promoted heavily and not the club

1) Agree - nice sentiment but wrong place. Why can't family away fans be in the Devonport end? I think the reason why it's been put in Zoo corner is so both sets of fans can sit there together - but it's never going to be a good idea.
2) Pasty vote is good as it means whoever wins, we'll get a local supplier that most people would agree is better than what we have had for years.
3) They're dug outs - a place to sit. Who honestly cares about dug outs? And they were free.
4) It looks pretty good and beats grey concrete.
5) Just bonkers - I can see the sentiment behind it even though I don't agree with it but it seems really odd and it's not going to go down well with most people.

Not everything that happens at Argyle through Chris Webb is that bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Iggy wrote:
TBF he is trying really hard to make a difference, it's not his fault he only got dealt a pair of 2's, Alistair Campbell would have trouble bigging the club at the mo.

He only has himself to blame as far as I am concerned.
No one forced him take up the Club Presidency and he created his own remit for the position when he accepted it.

No sympathy here.

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Blaming Sean for being Greenman wasn't one of his finer moments.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Renegade wrote:
Well so far

1. Matchday experience control for his FV Groupies.
2. Good idea. Local supplier helping the local economy.
3. Makes Argyle look cheap and tacky. SWL fare at best.
4. Matchday experience control for his FV Groupies. Pride of place going to his new best mate Darr!
5. Ill thought out matchday experience control once again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

1 I can see the thinking. It may calm things there as well as making use of 'dead space' until we start to get bigger, more aggressive crowds. But all it would take is for some crazies from either side to kick off with the kids in the middle for the idea to fail. I look forward to Exeter at home.
2 Good idea as it supports quality local businesses.
3 They are temporary.
4 An interesting idea. Better than soul-less concrete. At least they're not pictures of pop stars.
5 The thought was good but orchestrated PUP is just silly. If it happened spontaneously in a surge of emotion from the crowd that's one thing but to pre-plan from above is silly.

By the way, these plans aren't all the President's. Some of the reaction is shooting the over-enthusiastic messenger rather than the message.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Can someone point out where i said its all chris as i cant see it???? i thought it would be self explanatory i was refering to the club too who infact come up with the ideas.. sorry for the confusion.

my points about the 5 are simple

1) family zone in between home and away fans is not going to work and it wont be appealing to families. We have a family zone already in the devonport end. Which is a good idea but to move it to block 18 isnt going to be appealing. not very PC away chants nor some home ones.

2) my point is yes good to have local produce but if ivor's win it will be deemed a fix or if oggys win people will moan pilgrims didnt seeing as no one like ron's and i forgot the name of the other one its just going to cause debates. Especially if you can buy a ivor's for £1.80 outside and the club charges you £2.70 you get my drift?

3) the dugouts are eyesores and if they really cost £15,000 then Bond Timber need to find a new cheaper supplier like B&Q, temporary they maybe but they look like what they are part of a garden shed unit.

4) Devonport End is a PAFC fans area not FV1886 their paintings are about them not the club. Yes they look nice but i cant help but feel like they are placing themselves above the club with selfless PR stunts.

5) glad i dont need to explain this one lol
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:04 pm

I voted for Ron's Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Apart from No.1 are the others really that important or enough to get people angry? Must have extremely thin skin if it does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Apart from No.1 are the others really that important or enough to get people angry? Must have extremely thin skin if it does.

Who is angry?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 pm

I am .....

I just stubbed my toe!!!! Evil or Very Mad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Well according to you a number of people including Mouldy and his toe. Bombed, wrong choice, more bad than good, members questioned, very very bad............ Not a word about being happy in there. What word would you use if angry isn't appropriate. If it suits you better then read again without the word angry included. The point is still the same.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Its a lot better now I sucked it (the toe)!

But I've now put my back out! Embarassed

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Well according to you a number of people including Mouldy and his toe. Bombed, wrong choice, more bad than good, members questioned, very very bad............ Not a word about being happy in there. What word would you use if angry isn't appropriate. If it suits you better then read again without the word angry included. The point is still the same.

nope still not angry maybe if you stop being so defensive you might see it

your welcome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Who is defensive? Apart from Tony Pulis that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Im not angry just mildly miffed by the first time in football fanfare that accompanied these revolutionary ideas Sleep
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:03 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Its a lot better now I sucked it (the toe)!

But I've now put my back out! Embarassed

Thought you had hoofs not feet?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 am

Pass the baton Renegade .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Did you spend all day just posting "pass the baton" Tring? Must be fecking boring where you live. That's 3 different posts you have now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Did you spend all day just posting "pass the baton" Tring? Must be fecking boring where you live. That's 3 different posts you have now.

No ! I don't want it !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:24 pm

I can bite my toe nails.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Passing the baton next tuesday night..... apparently..
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 pm

GOB wrote:
I can bite my toe nails.
You deserve a pasoti banner for that, was it a life changing ambition mate?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are we doing with this?   How are we doing with this? Empty

Back to top Go down

How are we doing with this?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: