The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4000th Membership sold

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

4000th Membership sold Empty
PostSubject: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Story on Baggo about George Barnicott purchasing the 4000th membership and getting a bottle of champagne. Apparently the 5000th member gets a place on the PASB-

Quote :
LIFELONG Argyle fan George Barnicott has become the 4,000th Pilgrim to take out a Membership for the new 2012-13 season.
George, 63, from Roborough, received a little surprise to mark the landmark sale at the Argyle Ticket Office on Friday – a chilled bottle of champagne from Argyle receptionist Siobhan Ferrier.
George has been coming to watch the Pilgrims since his father first brought him to Home Park as an eight year old.
He names Ernie Machin, who sadly died earlier this week, as his favourite player of all time.
“I don’t think we have really had an attacking midfielder of his like since,” he said.
“For commitment to Argyle, I admire Paul Wotton. He showed that commitment to the youngsters at the club when he came in last season.”
George is also a big fan of the Membership schemes which the club has introduced for the new season.
“Very good – they are value for money,” he said. “I’ve been a season-ticket holder since the days of Paul Sturrock and it’s my commitment to Plymouth Argyle to join.”
George will not have to wait too long until he receives his 2012-13 Membership package containing all the various Membership benefits.
Member details are currently being printed on the Membership cards and a gang of hand-picked volunteers will begin putting the packages together from Monday.
It is hoped that the first packs will be sent out and available for collection from Home Park from late next week.

Quote :
Did you know...
...that all our pasties will be from local suppliers?

4000, By George
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 pm

hand picked volunteers? really hand picked no less
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:02 pm

63 is pretty young for Alzheimers.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:17 pm

A season ticket holder since Sturrock...I can only imagine he means the first time around.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm

I suppose the 1602 on the big ticket, given to him to ensure he doesn't forget where he put it, relates to White Memberships or Adult White Memberships?

Did last seasons total of season ticket holders ever get published? Be interesting to see how they compare.

And I see he's in Forza Verde, booking his seat in Block 3
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:26 pm

4k isn't bad considering how shit we are.

Another season battling relegation and it'll nearly half next year though.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:32 pm

When we were in the league division one for that brief season the club shifted 6000 season tickets.Last season the figure was around half that.4000 is pretty good all things considered.Well done georgous george .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Dougie wrote:
hand picked volunteers? really hand picked no less

It's lucky Freathy and Tring haven't gone for a season ticket as they'd have got one of Ian Newell's turds in the post.

Voluntary packers?! For 4000 credit cards glued onto a sheet of paper?! A local printer would have been able to do that for about £500. 4000 credit cards with personalised detail wouldn't have even cost £1500 either. That's quite sad isn't it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:00 pm

oddball wrote:
When we were in the league division one for that brief season the club shifted 6000 season tickets.Last season the figure was around half that.4000 is pretty good all things considered.Well done georgous george .

But the 4000 includes all types of Memberships, not just the Full Monty, and George's number is 1602 which I would say means so far we have sold 1602 Green Memberships or Season Tickets, so a long way to go to match the estimated 3000 season tickets sold last year.

Admittedly the majority of the other memberships will be white, so each of those white members will go to 6 games as well, but it isn't as impressive as the 4000th membership sounds at first.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:30 pm

hairy j wrote:
63 is pretty young for Alzheimers.

If you suffer from Alzheimers this is the best Argyle team you can remember
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:54 pm

According to Brent's PACSA Q&A session there were 3500 ST holders last season. If memory serves me correct there was a surge in sales once it was confirmed Brent had taken over, half-season tickets perhaps? It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the majority of last season's ST holders opting for the white membership this season just to ensure a seat in the couple of bigger games. The goodwill is over and it's up to the club to deliver now, rightly so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
According to Brent's PACSA Q&A session there were 3500 ST holders last season. If memory serves me correct there was a surge in sales once it was confirmed Brent had taken over, half-season tickets perhaps? It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the majority of last season's ST holders opting for the white membership this season just to ensure a seat in the couple of bigger games. The goodwill is over and it's up to the club to deliver now, rightly so.

That could well be true Coxside. It's not as if they can't go to any other games, and saves you shelling out for the Green Membership in one go.

When the white memberships were first introduced and we were in the CCC, I used to order tickets for some games, keeping my already paid ones for games against the better sides at the time. Nothing to say you need to use the 6 tickets straight away.

If the 1602 is the Green Membership total sold as of earlier today, I can't see them surpassing much more than 2000 unless we sign another Argentinian other than Gurrierri, so Mr Brent's statement about hopefully having average gates of 8k was it? will be extremely difficult to achieve. Even an extra local derby with Exeter isn't going to bump up the average that much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Greenjock wrote:
oddball wrote:

But the 4000 includes all types of Memberships, not just the Full Monty, and George's number is 1602 which I would say means so far we have sold 1602 Green Memberships or Season Tickets, so a long way to go to match the estimated 3000 season tickets sold last year.

Admittedly the majority of the other memberships will be white, so each of those white members will go to 6 games as well, but it isn't as impressive as the 4000th membership sounds at first.
Jock...You wouldn't want to whooooosh old oddball now would you.Thought it was only Pasoti that did that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Of course, one must wonder what sort of mentality is afraid of publishing 'season ticket' holder numbers.... it's a bit like some guy having a health MOT, and not wanting to tell his partner and family the results. So much for fan involvment.
I'm more interested if the Ridsdale inspired change in attendance counting will still be in favour ... ie: counting ALL season ticket holders at each home game, whether they turned up or not. Business is all about headline figures these days, true or otherwise, and anyone who believes any of these figures seriously needs to get their own health check.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 pm

oddball wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
oddball wrote:

Jock...You wouldn't want to whooooosh old oddball now would you.Thought it was only Pasoti that did that.

I was very polite and gentle though Oddball Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4000th Membership sold   4000th Membership sold Empty

Back to top Go down

4000th Membership sold
Page 1 of 1