AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Designs are in

No 1 - chance to give Tommy a lucky stroke on the way in

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No 2 - a chance to celebrate Argyles greatest and longest serving captain Darren Purse

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:04 pm

I actually think that it is really funny that they've done one of Darren Purse.

I'm going to start a petition for one of Williams.

He's amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:05 pm

so is this group trying to say they are bigger than the club now? very little support for the club more about them which is wrong and Darren Purse one is embarrassing what has he done exactly?

We are becoming a joke now arent we
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:06 pm

'Becoming' a joke?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
'Becoming' a joke?

Sorry that should be we are a joke,
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Renegade wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
'Becoming' a joke?

Sorry that should be we are a joke,

Check out my signature, it happened in 2010 FACT
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Renegade wrote:
what has he done exactly?

Quote :
Darren Purse sat next to us, after being introduced to both Chris and I at the pre match meal in the board room.

I suspect this might have something to do with it from you know who before Purse signed and theres been a closeness ever since. Plus the FV have very short memories so its easier to 'celebrate' someone from the who so recent past.

Anyway the feedback has been positive ie the twatters on twitter liked it and so does The Pres. Best get it all done and dusted before the GasBoard get involved. Then the decision making becomes a logistical nightmare (ie might not come up with the answer Brent and the Pres want to hear)
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:02 am

Dougie wrote:
Renegade wrote:
what has he done exactly?

Quote :
Darren Purse sat next to us, after being introduced to both Chris and I at the pre match meal in the board room.

I suspect this might have something to do with it from you know who before Purse signed and theres been a closeness ever since. Plus the FV have very short memories so its easier to 'celebrate' someone from the who so recent past.

Anyway the feedback has been positive ie the twatters on twitter liked it and so does The Pres. Best get it all done and dusted before the GasBoard get involved. Then the decision making becomes a logistical nightmare (ie might not come up with the answer Brent and the Pres want to hear)

But ee bleeds green and is thinking about moving down this way
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:21 am

I'm sure he is if there's a nice plumb job he couldn't get anywhere else. I wonder just how many ageing rock stars have been given the matey matey thing with promises of a long term job at the end of it .... a share in the great new horizon envisaged by the Verde bunch.
We've already got a very grateful Welshman and Frenchman delighted with their possible medium term future assured, and then we have Purse and Wotton.
I always thought Crudgey was a luxury, heaven knows how many grandads we'll have on the books..... it'll be like a sequel to Coccoon, but without the sci fi lovey dovey ending.
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:05 am

Putting my head above the parapet here with my tin hat on. Other than having the Forza Verde logo - it looks really good and I'd like to see more of the grey areas of Home Park covered with this stuff.

Not quite sure about Darren Purse though - seems a bit odd.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:45 am

hairy j wrote:
Putting my head above the parapet here with my tin hat on. Other than having the Forza Verde logo - it looks really good and I'd like to see more of the grey areas of Home Park covered with this stuff.

I agree with hairy. Why oh why darren purse, Rafferty or mariner would of been a better choice of player.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:48 am

Given the tender age of your average Salsa Verde enthusiast, there probably needs to be a true green icon that most of them could have actually remembered seeing on the pitch. Romain sort of fits the bill, Wotton I suppose could squeeze in, being a plymuff bhey. Purse is probably quite embarrassed about being put in there, but the head and shoulders standout figure of recent years is surely Friio, by miles.

Non?
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:55 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Given the tender age of your average Salsa Verde enthusiast, there probably needs to be a true green icon that most of them could have actually remembered seeing on the pitch. Romain sort of fits the bill, Wotton I suppose could squeeze in, being a plymuff bhey. Purse is probably quite embarrassed about being put in there, but the head and shoulders standout figure of recent years is surely Friio, by miles.

Non?

Not for me. He was great in the lower leagues when we won those promotions but looked out of his depth at Championship level, moved to Forest and disappeared. For me, the Championship side had two Plymouth legends who were there all the way through those promotion years under Sturrock - Trigger and Wotton. Norris joined in 2002 and left when we were a Championship side and helped us get there and was voted player of the year once - amazingly, David Friio never won player of the year and didn't make it into the team of the century.

They should put these up in all of the exit/entrances and include the team of the century players.

1 GK Jim Furnell
2 DF Gordon Nisbet
3 DF Jack Chisholm
4 DF Graham Coughlan
5 DF Colin Sullivan
6 MF Ernie Machin
7 MF Kevin Hodges
8 MF Johnny Williams
9 FW Paul Mariner
10 FW Tommy Tynan
11 MF Sammy Black &
MF Garry Nelson
Manager: Paul Sturrock
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:04 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with having the murals, but like others have said Darren Purse seems a strange choice having been at the club less than a year, when we were almost relegated to the BSP.

Hardly qualifies him for legend status in my book, and I wonder if Carl Fletcher is miffed at not having one, seeing as he's been at the club a lot longer, as a player, captain at that, and now manager, the fact he joined in the CCC and has been involved in the fastest plummet in history since Humpty Dumpty is neither here nor there, ee bleeds green ya know.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:12 am

hairy j wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Non?

Not for me. He was great in the lower leagues when we won those promotions but looked out of his depth at Championship level, moved to Forest and disappeared. For me, the Championship side had two Plymouth legends who were there all the way through those promotion years under Sturrock - Trigger and Wotton. Norris joined in 2002 and left when we were a Championship side and helped us get there and was voted player of the year once - amazingly, David Friio never won player of the year and didn't make it into the team of the century.

They should put these up in all of the exit/entrances and include the team of the century players.

1 GK Jim Furnell
2 DF Gordon Nisbet
3 DF Jack Chisholm
4 DF Graham Coughlan
5 DF Colin Sullivan
6 MF Ernie Machin
7 MF Kevin Hodges
8 MF Johnny Williams
9 FW Paul Mariner
10 FW Tommy Tynan
11 MF Sammy Black &
MF Garry Nelson
Manager: Paul Sturrock

Well yeah, I agree that team should be lorded. I just think your average Salsa kid would enthuse more about a Friio than say, a Machin.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 am

Purse? FFS! Were's Jumbo???
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:46 am

Unless I'm hard of seeing the only place the mural designs are mentioned are on twitter. Nothing appears on Pasoti. Looks like its a done deal amongst the twatterati.

And if you look a bit further it appears the club isn't paying for them another bit of fundraising by the fundraiser in chief seems to have secured the deal.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:01 am

I wish the same enthusiasm was applied to rebuilding the team. All of the "first in football" and peripheral crap means nothing if the team continues to fail on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:12 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I wish the same enthusiasm was applied to rebuilding the team. All of the "first in football" and peripheral crap means nothing if the team continues to fail on the pitch.

Exactly Charlie !

We've had peripheral crap for bloody years !

The enthusiasm for such things is childlike and embarrasing.
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:15 am

Charlie Wood wrote:

The penny will drop eventually. All this 'peripheral' stuff seems to be with one aim in mind - to distract the easily-led from the fact that, er, y'know, the squad is currently of lesser calibre than last year's plucky heroes and legends rabble.

All the murals, flags, bells and whistles aren't going to amount to jack-shit if and when we go on one of our early season losing streaks.

And of course it doesn't matter what ill-thought out nonsense the club comes up with, they can do it safe in the knowledge that The Supreme Leader will be waving the pom-poms and high kicking all over the place as Brent's #1 cheerleader. Who needs the GASBoard or indeed the Trust when in Chris Webb we have such an even handed voice of the fans.
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 am

It's not a football club anymore, is it.
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am

hairy j wrote:

Thats what i am saying, all of these mural's are plastered with Forza Verde (whatever the feck that means) logos and very little of the actual club. The group are not on a par with the club nor are they bigger than the club. These designs are just wrong and i cant believe James Brent is allowing it to happen.

However, Apart from the the Darren Purse addition, the squad numbers which haven't been retired to those players featured so why they were included is beyond any logical thinking and the above mention it would look really good.
Back to top Go down

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 am

You can stick your Forza Verde up your ass, you can stick your Forza Verde up your ass, you can stick your Forza Verde, stick your Forza Verde, stick your Forza Verde up your ass, and your flag.

I might suggest it as a song on the new website. It's catchy and easy to remember, and doesn't need Jim Bob directing it from the concourse whoooa oooh.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Dougie wrote:
Designs are in

No 1 - chance to give Tommy a lucky stroke on the way in

No 2 - a chance to celebrate Argyles greatest and longest serving captain Darren Purse

It looks like a childs bedroom (minus the yellow stripes and wheelie bin). Hopefully they'll be selling the matching lampshade and duvet set. Goooooooo Forze Verde. Defence, defence, defence......
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 pm

What a crock of sh#t lol!

Mind you if Webby says forza crapa is open to all does that mean us freaks of atd are members of it? affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muriel  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muriel    Muriel  Empty

Back to top Go down

Muriel
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next