Memberships

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Memberships Empty
PostSubject: Memberships   Memberships EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:37 pm

The more I think of the Green Membership thing and the variations on the same same theme the less I like it. Not because of the price or what you get but because it is a misnomer. What I am getting is either a full season ticket, a partial version of a season ticket or a season ticket with a few bells and whistles attached. That is it. I'm a season ticker holder in some shape or form. I don't think of any of that as a membership. In a football context I think of members as being owners of the club. At least that is what it means in Barcelona and Germany and various other places where the members get to vote on issues that directly affect the club or they get to choose a President (effectively the club Chairman as an English equivalent) who can then hire and fire the manager (more usually thought of as a coach in this context). Do we get to vote on who runs the club? No. Do we have any meaningful direct input at all? Again the answer is a resounding no. We get to vote on who the pasty supplier is. Well that doesn't scream MEMBER at me or positively incentivise me in any way at all. This isn't intended as a pop at James Brent by the way and in truth voting on the pasty supplier is a huge step forward but it is still by no means anything like enough to coin the word member. I'm fully aware that we had memberships under the old regime and I didn't think much of it then either. Membership should be far more than a word corrupted to disguise a marketing ploy.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Memberships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memberships   Memberships EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:35 am

I think James Brent is trying to market himself as something very different than the Stapleton era and this is just another method. I think he's trying to make his customers feel more connected to the club.

I agree with the above though and it's just semantics.
Back to top Go down

Memberships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memberships   Memberships EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:19 am

Memberships were available in the Stapleton era.Green orange and white.This is just a rehash of that.In the first season in the CCC we had 12,000 memberships.Obviously lost a few over the years.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Memberships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memberships   Memberships EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:57 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The more I think of the Green Membership thing and the variations on the same same theme the less I like it. Not because of the price or what you get but because it is a misnomer. What I am getting is either a full season ticket, a partial version of a season ticket or a season ticket with a few bells and whistles attached. That is it. I'm a season ticker holder in some shape or form. I don't think of any of that as a membership. In a football context I think of members as being owners of the club. At least that is what it means in Barcelona and Germany and various other places where the members get to vote on issues that directly affect the club or they get to choose a President (effectively the club Chairman as an English equivalent) who can then hire and fire the manager (more usually thought of as a coach in this context). Do we get to vote on who runs the club? No. Do we have any meaningful direct input at all? Again the answer is a resounding no. We get to vote on who the pasty supplier is. Well that doesn't scream MEMBER at me or positively incentivise me in any way at all. This isn't intended as a pop at James Brent by the way and in truth voting on the pasty supplier is a huge step forward but it is still by no means anything like enough to coin the word member. I'm fully aware that we had memberships under the old regime and I didn't think much of it then either. Membership should be far more than a word corrupted to disguise a marketing ploy.
Yes, members tend to have a vote on things more important than pasties...although it isn't just members who are available to vote for that. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Memberships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memberships   Memberships EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:25 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Yes, members tend to have a vote on things more important than pasties...although it isn't just members who are available to vote for that. Hmm.

Yup you only need to be an Erald reader to vote on the pasties, in fact if you're a member who boycotss the Erald for it's right wing political views then you don't even get the chance to spend a quid and vote on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Memberships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memberships   Memberships Empty

Back to top Go down

Memberships
Page 1 of 1