mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:08 pm

GOB wrote:
I don't think I'll be the only one that will be unhappy about that Charlie and I hope it doesn't open the door for private and confidential information to be passed onto such characters that seem to have a distinct lack of integrity.

I'm concerned that this information was offered without even a request.

I think Charlie was just being pro-active in offering the minimum info required to clear this site.

We have all seen how mud slinging can help to trend opinions and beliefs, look at the anti trust agenda.

A comparison of IP addresses is small beer.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:09 pm

GOB wrote:
Postey on pasoti...

Quote :
Greenskin, given the relentless criticism of Pasoti and some of its members by some members of ATD it's natural to think that GreenAndy is a member of ATD.

But in this case he is not a known member of ATD, indeed a ATD mod approached me with some helpful information, which proves both websites can work together.

Thank you.

Don't believe a word he says. Laughing
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Lucky it was nothing to do with the Prez then, we wouldn't have known his IP
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm quite willing to offer my resignation over this issue. I made the judgement call after reading the reaction of members of this site on this thread and being in possession of information that might assist in identifying the hoaxer. No IP information was passed from here. Postey indicated the IP address which we checked against our records. There was no match and that was that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:17 pm

GOB wrote:
Postey on pasoti...

Quote :
Greenskin, given the relentless criticism of Pasoti and some of its members by some members of ATD it's natural to think that GreenAndy is a member of ATD.

But in this case he is not a known member of ATD, indeed a ATD mod approached me with some helpful information, which proves both websites can work together.

I can just picture the scenario now.

ATD mod: Hi Ian, one of our posters has had his family threatened, has had a private investigator hired to get his address to send the boys round. We've also had hacking attempts, a spoof website set-up which has accused people of being prostitutes and paedophiles, multiple accounts have been set-up to disrupt the site and serious breaches of our users privacy have emanated from the same person. As we helped with the tracking of an IP address for the hoaxer GreenAndy, would it be possible for you to check an IP address to see if it matches one of your users please?

Postey: feck OFF, What did you do during the war?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Calm down Charlie, not everybody here is on a point scoring mission.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:18 pm

If it was PASOTI approaching ATD and a simple check of IP addresses then I don't have a problem with that. Vice versa would be different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I'm quite willing to offer my resignation over this issue. I made the judgement call after reading the reaction of members of this site on this thread and being in possession of information that might assist in identifying the hoaxer. No IP information was passed from here. Postey indicated the IP address which we checked against our records. There was no match and that was that.

Charlie, whoever pledged that money is a total asshole and if it was traced to someone on here I would hope that that person was outed. Just because Pasoti mods act like a collective bunch of wankers and cover up for their friends, that doesn't mean that is the way mods on a forum should behave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Given the circumstances I think it would have been the right thing to do following a request for assistance, but to offer such information freely and without a request is a no, no for me.

Remember what the pasoti mods have been responsible for in the past, their lack of integrity and Postey's latest comments. There's nothing like being kicked in the balls by the bloke you've just picked up from the gutter.

I would prefer it if that was the first and last time any help was offered to pasoti mods from this site.

Last edited by GOB on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:27 pm

As ever for what it's worth, my feeling is more than one of comfort at Charlie's assistance in this matter; it's one of absolute condonation.

It's exceptionally rare for opinions to be so consistent across the board as they are regarding this odious hoax & my only hope is that the help provided is seen by the majority as a hugely good thing to have happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
shonbo

shonbo

Charlie don't go, Cerbs might come back Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:30 pm

JonB wrote:
As ever for what it's worth, my feeling is more than one of comfort at Charlie's assistance in this matter; it's one of absolute condonation.

It's exceptionally rare for opinions to be so consistent across the board as they are regarding this odious hoax & my only hope is that the help provided is seen by the majority as a hugely good thing to have happened.

Providing that help cannot be abused, unfortunately pasoti mods are not blessed with the best character references the world has known when it comes to abuse of Internet forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:31 pm

shonbo wrote:
Charlie don't go, Cerbs might come back Smile

I'll drop Cerbs a line clown
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:31 pm

I do feel a bit like Punxsutawney Phil sometimes.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:36 pm

JonB wrote:
I do feel a bit like Punxsutawney Phil sometimes.........

You emerge from his temporary home on Gobbler's Knob? clown
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Nothing temporary about it Gob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4JXKUv5MQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

We all agree the hoax was horrible, that's obvious ....100% of the population would never see the point of such a thing.
But that does not mean IP address information should be shared or compared across websites INDEPENDENT of each other. I can't believe ATD ha done such a thing.

As a long term ATD user, I take this particular incident very seriously. Charlie, why did you not inform the membership of this request openly and ask for comments ? Is this site an annexe of Pasoti now ?
When no laws are broken, privacy, if some people want it, is an essential datum peg of internet life, surely everyone understand that... gawd knows Jon B has gone to enough lengths to explain why. What other websites would you share information with ? Did any other moderators discuss this ?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:20 pm

I agreed with Charlie with the offer. This was an exceptional circumstance and like Charlie, I anticipated the blame being pushed our way (which has already happened).

Postey's comments are disappointing given Jock's reasons above, and the unjustified bannings given to a number of ATD users.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:31 pm

This incident really shouldn't turn into another 20 pager about an ATD mod or mods coming under fire or resigning, over an act of good faith, as that's all it was.

I understand what you are saying Penz and GOB, but no private information has been passed to a Pasoti mod which could be used in a detrimental way against anyone from ATD. Charlie merely asked for the IP address used by the hoaxer GreenAndy, and confirmed it was not one matched by an ATD user. That is all.

If Postey is not grateful for this assistance then fu ck him. It was a one off and won't be done again. This involved the hoaxing of a charitable donation which both sites agree was despicable, but one site wants to use it as a stick to beat the other one.

Charlie has never come across as anything other than fair and sensible, well ish, as a mod, and he has held his hands up and said he will resign if anyone wants to. If no-one is going to take him up on this offer then leave it go. In fact leave the whole thing go.

I have made stupid comments on this thread due to events that came to light last weekend involving Ian Newell, but that has nothing to do with this incident and every one I can recall on this thread has utterly condemned the hoax so I don't see that there is anything else needs saying.

Leave Pasoti now to hunt for the hoaxer if they want and call it a lesson learned that a, the help shouldn't really have been offered, and b, it wasn't even appreciated. And move on.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Can you not see where such things lead Ali ?

Why do you think Internet providers have been fighting an uphill struggle for years to try and keep certain information private. this whole question has gone on for centuries, the previous battle grounds being the Catholic Priesthood confesionals and Doctor's oaths. This is NOT a new phenomena, and I would imagine all the moderators are well versed in the arguments.
As was debated on here only recently, in the REAL world, anti terrorist measures are now being used routinely against normal fine community citizens going about their perfectly legal rights. Can you not see how your one exception of a nasty hoaxer sets a precedence for everyday occurences of internet exchange ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Without any attempt to score points, I have to say that I agree with Penz 100%, more so considering the relationship that several ATD users have with pasoti mods.

Has ATD actually supplied pasoti with IP addresses?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Just to clarify the IP address of a known troll account was checked and not that of every ATD member. There was a suspicion in the mod team of who greenandy was. No ip addresses were given to pasoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
This incident really shouldn't turn into another 20 pager about an ATD mod or mods coming under fire or resigning, over an act of good faith, as that's all it was.

I understand what you are saying Penz and GOB, but no private information has been passed to a Pasoti mod which could be used in a detrimental way against anyone from ATD. Charlie merely asked for the IP address used by the hoaxer GreenAndy, and confirmed it was not one matched by an ATD user. That is all.

And just what do you think would have happened Jock if one of the IPs had matched ? I don't like lynchings any more than I like nasty hoaxes, and I certainly don't like private people's information being made available to any cruising internet user.... which basically is all Pasotio or ATD are in reality. Despite our dislike of what has gone on in this case, WHAT RIGHT have moderators of this site to pass on private information to other independent websites, whoever they are ?
I see this was an ideal opportunity for Pasoti moderators to bully ATD moderators under the guise of the latest problem.... and I think they fell for it.
Where did this ludicrous ATD suspicion and connection come from ... no, don't tell me, a Pasoti moderator. I can't believe this has hppened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Just to clarify the IP address of a known troll account was checked and not that of every ATD member. There was a suspicion in the mod team of who greenandy was. No ip addresses were given to pasoti.

Fair enough mate.

Just a reminder but it'll pay to remember what one or two pasoti mods have achieved by way of trickery, Penz makes a few very valid points.

Last edited by GOB on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy   GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

GreenAndy1981 has been a bad boy
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: