The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Loan Players FC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Spudgun

Plymouth Loan Players FC Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Loan Players FC   Plymouth Loan Players FC EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:24 pm

OK, I know that we are very, very lucky to still have a football club, but clearly our "competitive budget" was just some kind of smoke screen. We just have a budget. Other so called "smaller clubs" are managing to attract players, but not, it seems, sleeping giant Argyle. We've gone past the "most contracts run out at the end of June, so wait til then" excuse , so I reckon that our new faces will be loan players again, This is all well and good for survival, but if we stay in L2 for more than a couple of years our attendances will drop back down to ~4k and it will be even more difficult to escape this league. I think we might end up financially sound, which is what must be, but we will become a recognized L2 outfit for several years. OK then, away you go!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Loan Players FC   Plymouth Loan Players FC EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:27 pm

It's the way some want it - being shit and bottom of L2 suits the superfans agenda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Loan Players FC   Plymouth Loan Players FC EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:36 pm

That's the worry for me, that we become an established Division 4 side with not bad attendances for the league we're in, and then when James Brent has filled his boots and walks away, we're a very unattractive proposition to any new potential owner.

Maybe that will be when The Trust could raise enough to buy the club, but it won't be worth the kind of money JB wants for a 20% share at the moment. Still if the outstanding debts are cleared and JB makes a packet from his other interests he has accumulated since buying us, somebody willing to put a few quid in might come along and give the manager a real competetive budget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Loan Players FC   Plymouth Loan Players FC EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:42 pm

yep we are on the shite highway heading for shightsville for shightknows how long, thanks brent for keeping us shite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Loan Players FC   Plymouth Loan Players FC EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Sadly thats the way I read it to.

We will become the Aston Villa of Division 4.. Big club and non competitive. I am in my late 30s and I cant see Argyle ever realising their full potential in my lifetime.

The Brent honeymoon period is over and it is becoming blatantly obvious that his puppets are there just to appease the section of the fanbase that are still willing to listen it.

Torquay and Exeter have both signed up A list targets over the last week whilst we are left to fight over the scraps with not even the mention of a trialist down here as yet.

There has been more activity at Plymouth Parkway but at least we have a big flag jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Loan Players FC   Plymouth Loan Players FC EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:12 pm

shussh! signings immenent

its the way argo work and always will do, tell the fans feck all except titbits of non info to keep them excited and onside
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Loan Players FC   Plymouth Loan Players FC Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Loan Players FC
Page 1 of 1