Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gilmartin targets number 1 spot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  Empty
PostSubject: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm so happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Freathy wrote:
I'm so happy

Laughing

Just for you Freathers Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Not really news I suppose, but Cole is a bit accident prone, although he improved no end as the season went on, and I think Ollie is probably one for the future.

Having 2 decent keepers is always good news, and Rene, I shall say zis onlee once, has at least got experience and looks half decent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I always think of Cole as a liability. Reasoning being that although he is a very good shot stopper he never ever came for a cross or a corner and seldom got off his line at either. We shipped goals from set pieces and corners. If he could come and command his area and catch a crossed ball then he would not be playing for us he would be playing much higher. In this league you need a keeper to come and catch. This guy is 6ft 5ins tall, if he can't come and catch then there is no hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I always think of Cole as a liability. Reasoning being that although he is a very good shot stopper he never ever came for a cross or a corner and seldom got off his line at either. We shipped goals from set pieces and corners. If he could come and command his area and catch a crossed ball then he would not be playing for us he would be playing much higher. In this league you need a keeper to come and catch. This guy is 6ft 5ins tall, if he can't come and catch then there is no hope.

He was probably getting tips from Romain. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:29 pm

I agree with you SG, looking forward to the battle for No.1, I think Jake is good but as you say does not dominate the box. This could be a good signing. Unfortunately he's not a CF or creative midfielder but now SW is gone there is hope Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Just a thought but we could send him up for corners if we get one. Do it in the first 5 minutes instead of the last 5 seconds and that might surprise a few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Just a thought but we could send him up for corners if we get one. Do it in the first 5 minutes instead of the last 5 seconds and that might surprise a few.

Including the opposition forwards, as they get a clear run on our goal following another Hourihane corner that fails to clear the first defender lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Penz wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'm so happy

Laughing

Just for you Freathers Smile

What an intro.They did an ace version of ISG at their 2005 reunion at the Albert Hall.Probably too much to ask for another reunion,i tried to get a ticket for that one-left it too late,thinking that there wouldn't be that much interest after all those years,how wrong i was,they were going for about £1500 on Ebay. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Didn't say the plan was perfect Andy and it might need some work. Wotton should take the corners perhaps.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Feeling slightly less underwhelmed tonight, now that Walton has gone and we have a new big goalie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 am

"I didn't come here to be no:2", that's good because we have a lot of no:2 on our books already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:17 am

Gilmartin is apparently good in the air but not so good on the ground shotstopping,whereas Cole is a good shot stopper but not so dominant in the air.What we need is a keeper who's good at both.Ah he's currently playing for England you say....right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:39 am

Carl Ferguson got the squad he wanted, their all hilarious and absolutley shite at football.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:15 pm

when i was reserve as a kid, i always wanted to be number one. have things changed that much that we need reminding of the psyche of competitive sport. i say that article is fodder for pasoti, nothing more, a non story
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilmartin targets number 1 spot    Gilmartin targets number 1 spot  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gilmartin targets number 1 spot
Page 1 of 1