HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paxman skewers minister

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Paxman skewers minister Empty
PostSubject: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Oh dear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On a human level [having been on the wrong end of a few grillings myself],you had to feel for the poor maid,probably a worse exercise in clueless waffling than the Keith Todd fiasco on Spotlight.Ill briefed and an absolute godsend for Jeremy to slaughter,makes you wonder what Cameron and Osborne were thinking of in hanging her out to dry in such a humiliatiing fashion.Self preservation,probably.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:22 pm

I was hoping for more risque content from the article based on the subject of the thread...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Oh dear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On a human level [having been on the wrong end of a few grillings myself],you had to feel for the poor maid,probably a worse exercise in clueless waffling than the Keith Todd fiasco on Spotlight.Ill briefed and an absolute godsend for Jeremy to slaughter,makes you wonder what Cameron and Osborne were thinking of in hanging her out to dry in such a humiliatiing fashion.Self preservation,probably.

My impression of Paxman over the past 10 years is that most senior politicians avoid him and he has grown frustrated by juniors to the point of acting like a bully and in the case of women, a mysogenist (sp) bully.

Still, theres no outcry over hiis £1million pound salary plus book royalties so he must be doing something right, or the DG is scared to tell him:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:39 pm

It's possibly true to say that her political life won't get any harder than that.

Strangely, for those who are interested, it will be another nail in Osborne - the perception of him sending a young and inexperienced junior minister to her mauling at the hands of Paxman doesn't do Osborne's image any favours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:49 pm

knecht wrote:
It's possibly true to say that her political life won't get any harder than that.

Strangely, for those who are interested, it will be another nail in Osborne - the perception of him sending a young and inexperienced junior minister to her mauling at the hands of Paxman doesn't do Osborne's image any favours.

It is very sad to see Newsnight decline knecht, I note that viewing figures are now regularly under 250,000. It still has the power to "pull" above its weight, as in this instance, but rarely these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Being left of left, I've always thought Paxo was, and still is, a media plant of the more secretive authorities ( they'd be mad not to have such a policy )... the enigma Serbian thing was a right old fashioned hoot of an English wheeze. A democratic front needs a supposedly belicose entertainer to give lip service to the media circus in this country that masquerades as investigative and in the public interest. He certainly comes from the right stock and his talent probably spotted early in his university days, as most of that ilk are.

Despite the rantings and gasps that have little to no effect deep down, he's a pussycat. When the chips are down he shuts up and lets the establishment have it's way without too much fuss. He's no John Pilger, that's for sure.
I would imagine his homestead and lifetyle bear a remarkable similarity to the rest of his peers, and that is the dead give-away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Paxman a plant? Nah!

He's certainly not left of left but, like Humphries, he gives politicians of all hues a hard time. The fact that both of them have made a very good living out of it (as did Pilger) doesn't mean he is doing the bidding of higher powers.

Personally, I find his interview style too hectoring at times - entertaining at times though it may be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:20 pm

The 'people' have always enjoyed having a pop at Westminster people, just like they have alays enjoyed poor bashing. Both give them a feeling of power that doesn't really exist. Paxo was a godsend, and of his time, like Gazza. The viewing figures show just how seriously this sort of entertainment is taken these days... it's pointless in political terms. Question time is no better, along with that silly Campbell thing on Sunday mornings that is nothing more than a marketplace ruck for people of various faiths... usually a form of choreographed Christian/Muslim British bulldog... remember that ? The sub text of course is for people to thank god we have people with a whistle to blow up for foul play... and we all know who they are cat
The political hue of present day Westminster politicians is irrelevant to the secret services and self elected guardians of our freedoms.... that's a small price to pay to keep the accustomed accustomed for as long as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Unless years of drug and alcohol abuse have really started to take their toll, I'm sure I saw something a few years ago about cruelty to fish by anglers, and Jeremy Paxman is quite emotionally involved in it.

I'm pretty sure he gave a passionate speech about the suffering fish, who swallow a hook and are hauled out of water, before having the hook taken out, the fish weighed and photographed, and then returned to the water. All for the pleasure of anglers.

As an intelligent man I thought Paxman would have bigger things on his mind.

If it wasn't Paxman, and he was just the interviewer, I'll shut up now and carry on with the counselling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paxman skewers minister   Paxman skewers minister Empty

Back to top Go down

Paxman skewers minister
Page 1 of 1