WHAT IF

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

WHAT IF  Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IF    WHAT IF  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:59 pm

the club had ceased to exist....................

I was just thinking yesterday when reading both forums what would have happened had the club ceased to exist last September - its safe to say some sort of phoenix club would have been set up, potentially FC Argyle, but with the season already underway it would have been august this year before any games could be played.

Given the gap of a whole season I do wonder if the 'venture' got have got off the ground as most fans would have found something else to fill the every other saturday gap in their lives (like the missing 9k since 2005 have done).

The trust no doubt would have got a new club up & running and been at the forefront of the new club.
Some of the recent shernanaghins with the undermining of the trust have left me wondering why some want to undermine the trust (or seem to want to undermine it may be more accurate).....what are they afraid of ?
The suprising thing for me is even those 'vocal' internet fans dont seem to want to get involved.
There would be plenty of glory for them to be had so WHY arent they involved ?

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

WHAT IF  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF    WHAT IF  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:09 pm

When things were looking bad for Argyle I explained as best I could to my 10 year old daughter about how the club could fold. She asked which team (she suggested Liverpool, Man u, Chelsea) I would support if that happened and could not understand why, when I said I would not follow any other club. I think if an FC Argyle had started then I would have followed them.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

WHAT IF  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF    WHAT IF  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Some of those who would have stood forward (we can all imagine who they would be) wouldnt exactly have filled me with any confidence that a swift return to the football league would be likely...............
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

WHAT IF  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF    WHAT IF  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:19 pm

I'd have supported Torquay. My and merse could have rubbed shoulders on the popside, our yellows scarfs fluttering in the wind, our Forza Flava flag paying tribute to the likes of Martin Gritton and Kevin Wills, musing gently about the various benefits of Martin Ling's 4-3-3 with Eugen O'Kane in the hole.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

WHAT IF  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF    WHAT IF  Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT IF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: