Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lampard out of the Euro's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Lampard out of the Euro's Empty
PostSubject: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Frank Lampard joins Gareth Barry in missing the Euro's through injury. Has been replaced by, don't giggle now, Jordan Henderson.

Lampard being out doesn't necessarily hurt England too badly in my opinion, but if Gerrard were to get injured, and remember Rooney misses the first 2 games, then it would be a big problem.

I'm on Russia at 20-1 because it's being played in their neck of the woods and are in the easiest group. They could well finish bottom of the group as well, but I think backing one of them, Poland or the Czech Republic each-way is a decent bet.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Disagree with you there Jock, I think he's a big loss. For me he gets a bad press, and has a terrific record for England.

Gotta say, as a whole looking at that squad, it's probably the worst I can ever remember going to a big tournament. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Disagree with you there Jock, I think he's a big loss. For me he gets a bad press, and has a terrific record for England.

Gotta say, as a whole looking at that squad, it's probably the worst I can ever remember going to a big tournament. Crying or Very sad

Do you think Hodgson would have played him and Gerrard together? Never seemed to work that well in the past and Gerrard was made captain so he would've definitely started, whereas I'm not sure Lampard would have. Granted it's weakened the squad as his replacement is Henderson, but I only think it's a big loss if someone else gets injured or suspended.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:18 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Do you think Hodgson would have played him and Gerrard together? Never seemed to work that well in the past and Gerrard was made captain so he would've definitely started, whereas I'm not sure Lampard would have. Granted it's weakened the squad as his replacement is Henderson, but I only think it's a big loss if someone else gets injured or suspended.

I'd have him in every time. Top class players should be accommodated where ever possible - Lampard fits that tag.

The chances are, Hodgson will set up to play differently to Cappello, so perhaps they could have dovetailed better in a slightly different system?

All academic now mind, and at 33, I'm not sure if Lampard will stay in Hodgsons long-term plans...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:13 pm

he ain't injured they couldn't fit the fat feck on the plane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 6:34 am

No loss in my opinion a leading light of the failed "Golden Generation".
What worries me more is when guys like Scholes (Who could still do a job ) and Carrick cant be bothered to represent their country a feckin disgrace and both the spawn of Fergie! pig
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 4:42 pm

It is a loss, hes still a good midfielder, im no fan to be honest, can never work out why previous mangers couldnt get Gerrad and Lampard playing together. If they were to play together it would only work in a 4-5-1 with a holding player, and let them do what they are both good at, attacking.

Cant believe Henderson is there, i might be wrong but i think he is very poor.

And i would've taken Crouch, he goalscoring record for England is top notch.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Hodgson's excuse for leaving Ferdinand out being 'for football reasons', is making him look rather foolish now.

If it's genuinely for football reasons, and Woy see's Liverpools Martin Kelly as a better defender than Rio, or even Micah Richards, then f*ck me, we're in trouble with Woy making rediculous decisions like that.

Liverpools reserve right-back, over Ferdinand or Richards?

Bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Even more embarassing now Cahill's out to.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Even more embarassing now Cahill's out to.

Kelly's been brought in due to Cahill droppin' out, Charlie. So Woy see's him - 12 bit-part games for a crap Liverpool team - as a better option than 80 Cap Rio, or Premier League winner Micah Richards.

He's off his fuckin rocker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:16 pm

I always thought leaving Ferdinand out was to avoid a scene with John Terry, which made no sense because it should have been Terry left out if anyone. What has Rio Ferdinand done wrong exactly?

Now Cahill is out injured and still Ferdinand isn't picked, it makes it fairly obvious it wasn't for footballing reasons. I'm no Ferdinand fan in particular but this is total shit.

Roy hodgson is the FA's yes man and the FA deserves England to crash out in the group stages for this, then Terry get found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand just to show them up even further.

No Micah Richards either? Martin Kelly must look amazing in training!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:12 am

Ah they weren't on the standby list. WTF is a standby list anyway? You pick a squad and if anyone gets injured you call up the next best player, not just the lick-asses who say yes to going on this list as if it counts as being part of the squad.

What happens if Martin Kelly breaks an ankle in training this week? Who else would Hodgson be able to say is a better defender than Rio, to avoid a situation?

John Terry, guilty or innocent of this charge, is a scumbag, but he seems to have some kind of immunity when it comes to England.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:24 am

Greenjock wrote:
Ah they weren't on the standby list. WTF is a standby list anyway? You pick a squad and if anyone gets injured you call up the next best player, not just the lick-asses who say yes to going on this list as if it counts as being part of the squad.

What happens if Martin Kelly breaks an ankle in training this week? Who else would Hodgson be able to say is a better defender than Rio, to avoid a situation?

John Terry, guilty or innocent of this charge, is a scumbag, but he seems to have some kind of immunity when it comes to England.

Purse?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:37 am

So now we have ex-players and managers coming out in support of Hodgson, and the general theme seems to be he's made the right decision to keep harmony in the squad. So that's a "footballing reason" is it?

No that boils down to the accusations against John Terry being the overriding reason, and again I would say that as the person accused of racial abuse, it should be John Terry left behind kicking his heels, and concentrating on the upcoming court case and getting his story straight as to why he called Anton Ferdinand a black **** which the TV footage clearly shows him saying.

It's such a distraction right now to the England squad, and how many Man Utd players are now feeling their mate has been hard done by?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:50 am

John Terry! Mad ! have nothing but contempt for the bloke.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lampard out of the Euro's   Lampard out of the Euro's Empty

Back to top Go down

Lampard out of the Euro's
Page 1 of 1