Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager Empty
PostSubject: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:39 pm

What the title says really. Surprised me a bit, so I think there will be a big name Director of Football announced soon as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:44 pm

He's continued the great work started by Martinez, and has had a good year, but it shows just how far Liverpool have fallen behind the elite clubs now, if this is the sort of calibre they are courting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:51 am

This is all starting quite a chain reaction now. There are reports that Paul Lambert has quit at Norwich because they refused him permission to speak to Villa.

Looks like a foregone conclusion that Villa are sorted then, but poor old Norwich will need a new manager to continue Lamberts good work, but will probably end up with old boy Steve Bruce.

Martinez is happy to stay at Wigan, well since Liverpool chose Rodgers over him, but would he return to Swansea now? Which would leave Wigan and Norwich presumably fighting over the much overrated managerial skills of Bruce?

What makes me laugh is the wrangling over compensation for a manager, between 3 and 5 million apparently for Rodgers, which is the price of a squad player these days and the manager is the most important person at the club really.

I wonder if Fletcher is kicking himself for committing to Argyle so soon while there are some premier league jobs up for grabs now?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:05 am

He can always leave if he feels he can do better elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:31 am

pepsipete wrote:
He can always leave if he feels he can do better elsewhere.

Who, Brendan Rodgers? I'm sure he could do better than struggling Liverpool, but it looks like he's taken on a project to test his skills. Very admirable lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 6:21 am

If his performance yesterday was anything to go by then positive times lay ahead at Anfield.

The man is a class act and to interrupt the MD whilst in full flow at the press conference regarding the issue of a DOF shows his strength of character. FSG have made a very shrewd appointment in Mr Rodgers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:38 pm

To me, this shows how far Liverpool are sinking behind the top 4, good manager, but if liverpool were still one of the best top flight clubs, they would be looking for much better
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Martinez has reinforced by view he is a very smart man by staying at Wigan, now if Wigan could finish higher than Liverpool next season - that would be funny.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Block3Green wrote:
To me, this shows how far Liverpool are sinking behind the top 4, good manager, but if liverpool were still one of the best top flight clubs, they would be looking for much better

Plagiarist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

Plagiarist.

In schools today that's called internet research. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:32 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Martinez has reinforced byse view he is a very smart man by staying at Wigan, now if Wigan could finish higher than Liverpool next season - that would be funny.

Not for me my friend , he wanted the job and wasnt offered it because FSG felt Rodgers was the better candidate end of!

Rodgers buy out clause at Swansea was a lot more then what they would have had to pay Wigan for Martinez, not only that Martinez excuse that he didnt want the job because he couldnt work with a DOF is unfounded as Rodgers felt the same way. I think Martinez is a lightweight and overrated manager whose only real achievement is miraculously getting the best out of his squad of players for the final 2 months of every season.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:04 pm

shrewd move, was never going to become a millionaire stuck at Swansea, now in 6 months time when Pool are in the bottom 6, & his contract is terminated... hey presto instant multi millionairre Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager   Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager Empty

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool Manager
Page 1 of 1