seadog
Chemical Ali
Nick
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cookie

#dhsbmemories - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:17 pm

I did my A levels in 1976. I was Deputy Head Boy, Tennis Captain, Chess Captain and Badminton Captain. My name is Stephen Cooke. hi.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:56 pm

I did Maths O level retake and buggered off to sea!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 12:46 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
coke in the vending machine?  we were only allowed the brown stuff, just as a sedative you know...

What happened to this poster ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:52 pm

Elias wrote:
coke in the vending machine?  we were only allowed the brown stuff, just as a sedative you know...

He was a lifelong Wombles fan one day he threw a fit about him being fed bullshit about his club all the time on here and hasn't been seen since.
Back to top Go down
Nickredstar

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Here's some of my memories and names FWIW.
My first form teacher was Clive Burrows. Top bloke. sad to hear he passed away so young. Was really impressed that he remembered my name when I bumped into him 20 years after I left. Wilf Nash - how old was he?? Saw a school photo taken about 1946 and he was a teacher then! Doc Cresswell I found quite intimidating. He died when I was about in the 4th year.
I remember Mr Stone who died after falling ill during the yearly staff vs school footy match. Mr Dodd whose sixth form son tragically killed himself. Mr Patrick who allegedly was knocking off a Stoke Damerall sixth former. Then there were Dickens, Burton, Moon, Simpson, Watson, Bing Southern, Tubby Warne, Emod, Tick Tock Timewell, Milton, Poole, Bunny Warren, Bowden, Clayton, Vanstone, Boots Hopford, Lampeter(?). Doc Phillips who was given a hard time by pupils. So was Jesus Smith. Sandercock, Rock Evans, Bourbon and Harry Mall. Taffy Radler (Get out and stay in!)whose jacket was constantly covered with ink. Never had really had female teachers though there was one who a Polish sounding name beginning with K?
I particularly despised Nobby Clarke who constantly told me to do my tie up and once gave me the first chapter of Genesis to write out. Took me f*ckn ages. I liked Mr Wroath who years later I saw being interviewed on national TV. He was the head of the Cornish school where a girl was murdered while on a school trip to France. I remember the lad who was in my year who was killed when falling from a tree in the church yard across the road. I remember getting abuse from the Tamar kids when walking to the dining hut and I hated the speech days in the Guildhall.
Overall I only enjoyed my time there from about the fifth year onwards. We were treated more like adults. Had a great time in the 6th form. So much so I flunked my A levels hey ho. I guess many of those teachers are long gone. I know of half a dozen of the lads in my year have passed. Scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 7:30 pm

I remember a lot from that list, that cnut Nobby hated me, I wrote out Genesis more than once.

I think Wroath was a student teacher, was it History?

One female teacher, Molly Morgan. She ran the sailing club with Reg Bourbon.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Elias wrote:

He was a lifelong Wombles fan one day he threw a fit about him being fed bullshit about his club all the time on here and hasn't been seen since.

Bit strange as I'm the only AFC hater on here
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Anyone with Southway Comp memories? FFS.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 10:46 pm

My wife and oppo are both alumni of that fine establishment.................
Back to top Go down
Nickredstar

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 10:41 am

seadog wrote:
I remember a lot from that list, that cnut Nobby hated me, I wrote out Genesis more than once.

I did ancient Greek with Wroath. Got the O level to prove it Very Happy

Must admit, don't remember Molly Morgan.
Back to top Go down
Nickredstar

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 10:42 am

POI wrote:
Anyone with Southway Comp memories? FFS.

My Mrs went to Southway. Left in 81.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 11:39 am

I've got loads of mates from Southway I used to hang out at the shops with the local bheys.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Nickredstar wrote:
seadog wrote:

I left in 76, my missus left Southway in 78.
Back to top Go down
Nickredstar

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:22 am

seadog wrote:
Nickredstar wrote:
seadog wrote:

I left in 76, my missus left Southway in 78.

You might have been in my year then. Could have left in 76 but stayed on till 78.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 am

Seadog was the one with a tin of Spinach in his pocket, a clay pipe and sailors hat....surely you can place him now..... raised eyebrow .
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 11:30 am

I didn't eat spinach then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #dhsbmemories   #dhsbmemories - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

#dhsbmemories
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: