downthetrack
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
pepsipete
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Favourite holiday destination?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite holiday destination?    Favourite holiday destination?  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:03 pm

knecht wrote:
On that theme....

Worst Brits abroad experience: in a car-park in France and overhearing some British woman complaining seriously that the machine didn't take pound coins.

My one's better (or worse):

On a train in India, high in the mountains on the border between Goa and Karnataka. English couple make their way through the carriage and say hello. Apparently it was lovely to see another white person, which rather begged the question what they'd expected in India, but I kept quiet.

We then got talking about Goa, where there's a massive culture of food - lots of vegetable dishes, and loads of fish - and the chefs are reckoned the best in the world. I said I was sure I'd put on weight there, despite the heat, because the food was so good.

'Oh, no - we don't think so. I mean, we tried all over but we couldn't get a decent steak anywhere.'

At that point I really did ask why they'd gone to India. They went away.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite holiday destination?    Favourite holiday destination?  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:53 am

I went to Mars a few years back. A bit too warm in the day and too cold during the night for my liking.
Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite holiday destination?    Favourite holiday destination?  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:56 am

Schlumberger wrote:
I went to Mars a few years back. A bit too warm in the day and too cold during the night for my liking.
Sleep

Are there many bars on Mars?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite holiday destination?    Favourite holiday destination?  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:59 am

Greenjock wrote:
Schlumberger wrote:
Sleep

Are there many bars on Mars?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite holiday destination?    Favourite holiday destination?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite holiday destination?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2