Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up Empty
PostSubject: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems that a fair few posters think the Legends team from Manchester United has been falsely advertised!

The Ghost of Ian Newell, Charlie Woods biggest fan, thinks differently Razz But then as a Manure plastic, he would do.

In all fairness I would have said this was about the standard of Legend I expected to play so I don't see the big problem. What is funny is Sue Pollard, bless her she would do anything for the club and has done, doesn't know the Man Utd or Argyle players, but is still REALLY looking forward to it, because it's to do with Plymouth Argyle and she will be handing out leaflets about the game in Plymouth ALL day today with ZeeZan. I know Sue is the fan of the year and everything but some people do try just a teeny bit too hard sometimes.

Let someone else hand out the leaflets Sue.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:28 pm

It's about what I was expecting in terms of 'legends'. Anyone thinking Becks or Cantona were going to put in an appearance were sadly wide of the mark LOL

Last edited by Freathy on Sat May 19, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:30 pm

It depends what you mean by "legend". In this case I'd say it was anybody that I had ever heard of. By that reckoning there's more United Legends there than Argyle ones! I'd brake them down like this.

Legendary Legends

Argyle. Leigh Cooper, Chris Harrison, David Byrne, Darren Garner, Tommy Tynan, Mark Rowe, John Uzzell, Jason Rowbotham, Kevin Hodges, Steve Davey, Martin Barlow and Rhys Wilmot.

Manchester United. Lee Martin; Mike Duxbury; Arthur Albiston; Clayton Blackmore; Sammy McIlroy, Andy Ritchie, Peter Barnes; Micky Thomas;Frank Stapleton; Peter Davenport.

Which makes the non-legendary legends.

Argyle Legends. Ryan Draper; Geoff Battams, Darren Tallon, Ryan Cross, Mark Damerell, Garry Penhaligon, Marcus Crocker, Spencer Cooper, Paul Smith.

Manchester United. Fraser Digby; Deniol Graham; Alan McCloughlan: Carlo Sertori.

So the United squad is more legendary than ours. Moaning about it seems a bit ungrateful. It's a fund raiser. If you want to support the cause it doesn't matter who will be playing.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:27 pm

In fairness, Sir Francis, I don't see anyone moaning about it on ATD. In fact both previous posters have said it's about what they were expecting. And like them, I'm not sure what others had in mind; Sir Bobby Charlton? Denis Law? Eric Cantona? Taribo West?

I'm sure it'll be a good weekend at all the various events - The GT's don't do failure - and it'll raise the required funds. And that's what it's about, surely?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Didn't Lee Martin play for us on loan from Man U or am I thinking of someone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:46 pm

shonbo wrote:
Didn't Lee Martin play for us on loan from Man U or am I thinking of someone else?

Not the same one. The Legend's player scored the winning goal in an F.A.Cup Final, but that's still not enough for MartinArgyle. He wanted Cantona, Beckham, Bobby Charlton, George Best, Ronaldo, Peter Schmeichel, Duncan Edwards, Nobby Stiles and Ryan Giggs in the team, managed by Sir Matt Busby, assisted by Fergie. And a full refund if any of these players didn't show up.

He wanted it to be played like a Cup Final, none of this namby pamby exhibition shit, only 2 subs and extra time and penalties if needed. He also wanted a signed United shirt from the European Cup winning side of 1968, photo's taken with all of the players, a free pint pasty and programme, and all for a fiver. It's criminal what they get away with these days. I would rather spend my fiver on a DVD of "Great United Goals" introduced by Teddy Sheringham,
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Funny innit, I was among the 38000 that saw us beat Santos with Pele and therefore along with Fulham made us the top joint best team in the world
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Fraser Digby; Lee Martin; Mike Duxbury; Arthur Albiston; Clayton Blackmore; Sammy McIlroy, Andy Ritchie, Peter Barnes; Micky Thomas;Frank Stapleton; Peter Davenport; Deniol Graham; Alan McCloughlan: Carlo Sertori.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

What did they expect .....I wonder if Zee Zan and Pollard will shift many leaflets jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up   Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up Empty

Back to top Go down

Pasoti not too impressed by the Legends line-up
Page 1 of 1