Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's talk ball park figures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Let's talk ball park figures Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 10:40 am

With the latest news that Mason and Nelson may well be sold off pronto for some sort of fees, in my mind that raises the spectre of these pre-pack ghouls getting back 'their club' by paying virtually nothing.
Since administration, when they owed £17m + £3m wages to July, they have paid the princely sum of 300K.

I have no problem with bankruptcies ... businesses have problems and they are an unfortunate part of life, but I expect the people concernmed to lose at least their invested equity, it's called limited LIABILTY ..... but in this case it appears not. In effect, all they have done is wiped out people like Lombard and all the non secured creditors who aren't mates.
So, all in all they get 'their club' back by paying themselves nothing in a meaningless paper transaction. All they are paying is the football creditors, but then they always did have to, being the owners. And even now they are shedding as many players as possible which is a backdoor method of reducing their football creditor liability and in so doing, leaving the club with no saleable assets on it's books. So, in the end, for probably less than £3m lay out, they get all the land, the stadium with it's future rent, their former lost equity miraculously 'resurgamed' and morphed into rescheduled long term 'loans' ON THE CLUB'S BOOKS, and no future reponsibility for the football club at all. Their property company have no debts whatsoever while the football club may well owe millions for years to come.

I would say they've just bounced a lot of people, including the actual football club for about £7m to £10m, less £0.5m to £1m to the administrators. Yes, they say ( but will they in reality ) they'll help out the club with a £1m to cover this year's big contracts, but only as aloan I suspect, and then who wouldn't, having just trousered so much money. .... no wonder Kagami didn't stump up the money and I believe all that Ridsdale/Kagami farce back in February about the money was just to impress the authorities and that this was always the plan as soon as the WCup disappeared, if not, before.

In fact, it all reminds me of my original suspicions that Kagami promised a non existent £3m investment years ago purely to get the financial snowball rolling downhill to this conclusion... he did say he was in it for the long haul.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 am

penzancepirate wrote:
With the latest news that Mason and Nelson may well be sold off pronto for some sort of fees, in my mind that raises the spectre of these pre-pack ghouls getting back 'their club' by paying virtually nothing.
Since administration, when they owed £17m + £3m wages to July, they have paid the princely sum of 300K.

I have no problem with bankruptcies ... businesses have problems and they are an unfortunate part of life, but I expect the people concernmed to lose at least their invested equity, it's called limited LIABILTY ..... but in this case it appears not. In effect, all they have done is wiped out people like Lombard and all the non secured creditors who aren't mates.
So, all in all they get 'their club' back by paying themselves nothing in a meaningless paper transaction. All they are paying is the football creditors, but then they always did have to, being the owners. And even now they are shedding as many players as possible which is a backdoor method of reducing their football creditor liability and in so doing, leaving the club with no saleable assets on it's books. So, in the end, for probably less than £3m lay out, they get all the land, the stadium with it's future rent, their former lost equity miraculously 'resurgamed' and morphed into rescheduled long term 'loans' ON THE CLUB'S BOOKS, and no future reponsibility for the football club at all. Their property company have no debts whatsoever while the football club may well owe millions for years to come.

I would say they've just bounced a lot of people, including the actual football club for about £7m to £10m, less £0.5m to £1m to the administrators. Yes, they say ( but will they in reality ) they'll help out the club with a £1m to cover this year's big contracts, but only as aloan I suspect, and then who wouldn't, having just trousered so much money. .... no wonder Kagami didn't stump up the money and I believe all that Ridsdale/Kagami farce back in February about the money was just to impress the authorities and that this was always the plan as soon as the WCup disappeared, if not, before.

In fact, it all reminds me of my original suspicions that Kagami promised a non existent £3m investment years ago purely to get the financial snowball rolling downhill to this conclusion... he did say he was in it for the long haul.

Just shut up and enjoy the football !

You don't need a brain to be an Aviva Boy ! Whose goin Shrwsbry ? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 am

Spot on Pirate, this situation seems like it wasn't brought about overnight with a World Cup dream, it seems it has been planned and instigated with precision over a period of years.

There should be a thorough and very in depth investigation into the dealings of the past owners, the present owners(?), and the administrator for any activities that break laws. It'll be very interesting to see how Cardiff Trading Standards get on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 am

I can just imagine the Pasoti / Taverner bananabus or whatever it is .... IJN up the front doing his splapstick routine asking for tips for 'Drives' ... Damon and Sue Pollard getting it on at the back, with buckets rattlin' and a trailin' off the tow hitch.... 'Just Married' ... aaaawwww !!

Hey Tring ... what do you get if you cross a Damon with a Sue Pollard ? ............... Dullards jocolor
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:19 am

White collar crime! Even if they find him guilty he will get community service, which he is doing now keeping the serfs happy in Plymuff.

A brilliantly executed coup, so far.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 am

Guess who ? 'They're real gents' Ridders and Brenda.

' A lovely family, except Marcel.'

Here's a clue. pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:47 am

It's rotten to the core and I can't see how anything can be done about it.

Still, I do it because I LOVE my club! - Bollox! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 am

Actually, I've just thought.
It's a bit strange that we're getting the odd whispers of Heaney losing his backers to be replaced by the likes of Kagami , especially when said whispers come from Stooge Central. That would certainly be the perfect long planned alibi to cover Ridsdale's and Guilfoyle's 'I don't know the bidders' routine ... absoloutely perfect.... "they weren't the previous owners, but now they are.... honest !" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:54 am

Even those eternal lower leaguers from up the road know the score............... but will our Aviva led brethren see the bigger picture ? Evil or Very Mad

Can't wait for Naps to buy his season ticket and cry, 'Who's with me then ?'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:02 pm

believe nothing, expect the worst, because it'll be the worst that we're going to get!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:25 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I can just imagine the Pasoti / Taverner bananabus or whatever it is .... IJN up the front doing his splapstick routine asking for tips for 'Drives' ... Damon and Sue Pollard getting it on at the back, with buckets rattlin' and a trailin' off the tow hitch.... 'Just Married' ... aaaawwww !!

Hey Tring ... what do you get if you cross a Damon with a Sue Pollard ? ............... Dullards jocolor

PP - I used to enjoy your comments on Pasoti, we may have crossed swords more than once but istarted that thread for a reason.

Since you have come on here your true colours are showing through though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:30 pm

As IJN would say, it's all just banter old son! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:30 pm

mrrapson wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

PP - I used to enjoy your comments on Pasoti, we may have crossed swords more than once but istarted that thread for a reason.

Since you have come on here your true colours are showing through though.

He is cleverer than the average bear and had he responded to some of the comments thrown at him by the dimwits on the farm, he would have received the customary treatment. Posts deleted/ Official warnings that you're upsetting other members/ fixed term account suspension and finally the banning .
Tell me it's not true.

The 'Dullards' are welcome to reply on here....................... that's the difference mate. If you dish it out you have to be able to take it back without crying, "Mods ! Mods !"

We all know where the line of decency lies, trouble is, your lot get their chalk out and draw it to suit themselves. Pathetic for a football forum. And they call us keyboard warriors lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:28 pm

mrrapson wrote:
PP - I used to enjoy your comments on Pasoti,
Did you ? that's not how I remember it.
Still, people's perceptions of events are often different and can all be expressed here without fear. No harm meant to our bucket rattlers if that's their bag. It certainly wasn't/isn't my bag, far from it, I'm not in to subsidising all these money men's responsibilities, although a strike fund certainly would have been. I did contribute to the St John Ambulance collection, have always had a soft spot for them. Do you know they've actually got a bicycle response unit.... saw them in Penzance last weekend doing their thing.

Anyway, back on the money thing, the rumours persist of no more money being handed over with this latest shambles..... I smell an even bigger rat here. If they are allowed to keep this up, I can see them bulldozing their purchase through even cheaper. And guess what will be the most vulnerable part of the deal to suffer from this.. somewhere right in the middle of the 'promised' £2m to help the club pay it's way this season ... that's where. And who knows, the shortage that creates would conveniently give Ridsdale the cover to keep the staff in their purgatory, and with a possible 'unavoidable' eventual write off of back pay. The lack of cash also helps keep up the blackmail routine before any completed sale.
To put up with this, Guilfoyle is either a plodding donkey or something a whole lot worse. He looks far too much like Capello for my liking.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Whichever conspiracy theory is followed it still boils down to the fact that hardly any cash has appeared, exclusivity has been achieved on the never never. The staff are being royally shafted and Ridders, Brenda and the PBs do not appear to give a rat's arse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:14 pm

I wonder how much money Ridsdale has actually managed to bring into Argyle since his arrival in December? This doesn't include transfer fees because anyone could have managed that (and I wonder how much of the fee Argyle actually saw).

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:38 pm

see andrew p long ........... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Who is that Souvlaki chap? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:55 pm

I think the football village know that Ridsdale never comes with money ... he comes as a safe cracker and an expert witness in Court ... he's a paid front man to ensure the dumb football communities end up saddled with the gambling and trousered debts of the money men who were living their dream .... and lost.
He's learned a lot in the last few years, how easy it all can be, so now wants the big chair for himself..... I think he'll go mad and explode in the next couple of years. I think he gets off on it all and is looking for a right old number down here.... push it to the limit while he can still enjoy it..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:00 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I think the football village know that Ridsdale never comes with money ... he comes as a safe cracker and an expert witness in Court ... he's a paid front man to ensure the dumb football communities end up saddled with the gambling and trousered debts of the money men who were living their dream .... and lost.
He's learned a lot in the last few years, how easy it all can be, so now wants the big chair for himself..... I think he'll go mad and explode in the next couple of years.

Do you think he has taken Argyle on as a renovation project? A quick lick of paint, some new windows and a bit of decking out the back before he puts us on the market PROPERLY and a real investor comes in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:06 pm

He probably would if he could. I just don't think he'll be able to resist taking money from the pot, so he'll stay a while ... I think he'll become addicted... he's never had an open goal before ... time to put into practice all his 'Noughties' leverage tricks ... sort of like hammam, but double your money .... re schedule everything to infinity and beyond..... he's going to go mad Frank... make no mistake about it Laughing

I remember looking up at the directors' box at the last home game against Cardiff a couple of years ago when we were given a right seeing to and Marcel was branded the Devil by the Pasoti clique. I saw his face, Ridsdale that is ... and I couldn't tell which was Todd and which was Ridsdale. How spooky is that ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 pm

So we couldn't have Buttivant because the administrator didn't see the colour of his cash, but we can have Heaney because the administrator did see the colour of his cash, but now, since the administrator saw the colour of Heany's cash, Heany's cash has suddenly gone walkabout!

Yeah, I get it!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:35 am

The more you stir it, the more it stinks.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:41 am

penzancepirate wrote:
He's learned a lot in the last few years, how easy it all can be, so now wants the big chair for himself..... I think he'll go mad and explode in the next couple of years. I think he gets off on it all and is looking for a right old number down here.... push it to the limit while he can still enjoy it..

Football in general is a mess. Contracts mean nothing. There is little loyalty or integrity. Top clubs are either backed by billionaires or they can't compete and now we have the spectre of the likes of the Riddler negotiating with nameless 'investors' who are only interested in what they can all make out of the game/clubs.
The fans have been treated like idiots for years now. These money hungry parasites play on the 'loyalty to their clubs' of the fans. They can get away with virtually anything..

Apart from being thick and having nothing much else in their lives, I can't see how the loyal Argyle junkie can get off on this continued masochism.
As soon as the old board began to split and offers of financial help came in from Argyle fans but were spurned, it was obvious to me that it was only a matter of time before the healthy attendance figures for a club without a' top flight' developed fanbase would plummet. The then chairman and his superfan supporters were always going to blame 'apathetic stay away janners' but you need to do more than get excited about going to places like Newcastle and Sunderland to get the unconvinced to buy in.
Year on year progress, the organic model,trust in Stapes is footballing naivety of the highest order. You either move forward with cash backed ambition or you stagnate and your best staff are picked off by those who display said ambition.

Now, in our darkest hour, the supporters still come away from meetings with professional conmen with renewed optimism and expressions like 'he's a real gent'.
We are being royally shafted. A future of lower league mediocrity beckons, at best, while we doff our jester hats to the sharks who will own our heritage.
That is why I'd rather say 'f*ck it and f*ck em all, we'll start again !.' If we're going to be mediocre for a generation I'd rather it was our own club than that of the likes of the Riddler, Heaney or any other property developers and opportunists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk ball park figures   Let's talk ball park figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk ball park figures
Page 1 of 1