Nick
Freathy
lawnmowerman
swampy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never Empty
PostSubject: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Apologies for lateness, but it's not matchday without a RB Match Thread...
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Well better late than never and so far so good on the field of play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Even better off the field - I've just won the half time 50/50 draw. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Even better off the field - I've just won the half time 50/50 draw. cheers

Ha ha that'll piss them all off big-time. I won nearly £300 on the gee gees cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:28 pm

£645! Happy days!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
£645! Happy days!!

Love it. Yooooooooooom a praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaper faaaaaaan Andy Razz I hope the tannoy announcement was really loud cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Great day all round then. Now Mr Brent please please please get your chequebook out and get us a team to get out of this godforesaken league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Ugly match ..again we dominated the early stages and got the early goal from yet another set piece,following the trend we then took our foot of the gas and let Oxford back into it with a wonderful goal. Second half ebbed and flowed really, Oxford hitting the post a few times and generally having the better of the game, don't think we really worked their keeper at all in the second half. Final whistle went and was a blessed relief for me not because of staying up but because of potentially not having to sit through the dire, negative, and bland style of football under CF and his players next season..hope and pray we can get someone in next season to take us forward.
Not sure what the crowd was, lots of noise at the end from the Aviva,s and Forza Nerd all cheering about finishing 20ht ish in League 2...how very village.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Andy at least you didnt win the other prize a signed match ball donated by the farm lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:22 pm

See again we score early and then do feck all. I can't see Fletcher changing his style next season. If there was no pitch invasion does that mean we get our new striker? Signing Steve Fletcher on a permanent deal?

Unless he was injured can't understand why Macdonald was on the bench.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Aviva till the end
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:59 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

Aviva till the end

"To the doubters" FFS! They really don't get it, do they. Finishing 21st in this dog shit division (we won't finish any higher) I'd say the "doubters" have pretty much been proved right about brent and his useless 'manager'. It's a good job only two teams go down.

This season has been a disgrace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Not a great match to watch but we hung on yet again to secure a point. 8600 odd turned up today,at least the bank manager will be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Freathy wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Aviva till the end

"To the doubters" FFS! They really don't get it, do they. Finishing 21st in this dog shit division (we won't finish any higher) I'd say the "doubters" have pretty much been proved right about brent and his useless 'manager'. It's a good job only two teams go down.

FFS Freathy. Are you like this at home with non-Argyle things?

Yes, finishing 20th is shit. It is officially our worst season ever but bearing in mind everything that has gone on we have survived. Next season will be the test of the owner and manager and I'll be with you if we're 20th next season.

I'm with other people tonight who are raising a glass (mainly half full) to the end of a shit season but one in which we were bottom at Christmas and survived with 2 games to spare.

Give it up for a couple of days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Freathy wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Aviva till the end

Yes, finishing 20th is shit. It is officially our worst season ever but bearing in mind everything that has gone on we have survived. Next season will be the test of the owner and manager and I'll be with you if we're 20th next season.

I'm with other people tonight who are raising a glass (mainly half full) to the end of a shit season but one in which we were bottom at Christmas and survived with 2 games to spare.

Don't Nick. He had a £1 on us going down and is tearing his hair out right now lol!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Very much enjoyed the ATD company (and beer) today. The game itself? Well, not so much, but a better performance that last week at The County Ground. Better in that we played for and created some chances.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Freathy wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Aviva till the end

Totally understand where the Freathster is coming from. Yes, it's good that we're still in the league, of course it is, but it's the celebration of failure that irks somewhat.

We have been rubbish this season, the worst side I can remember in 50 years or so, and yet people are still happy clappy and think everything's wonderful and we're going to win the league next year.

To do that major surgery is needed, and that will mean the owner doing something that he hasn't done so far - spend some money. The excuse of 'we're not going to cheat' isn't going to hold water any longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:11 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Nick Wall wrote:
Freathy wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Aviva till the end

Totally understand where the Freathster is coming from. Yes, it's good that we're still in the league, of course it is, but it's the celebration of failure that irks somewhat.

We have been rubbish this season, the worst side I can remember in 50 years or so, and yet people are still happy clappy and think everything's wonderful and we're going to win the league next year.

To do that major surgery is needed, and that will mean the owner doing something that he hasn't done so far - spend some money. The excuse of 'we're not going to cheat' isn't going to hold water any longer.

PP - Yes I understand where both you and Freathy are coming from. We're celebrating being pretty shit but after everything over the past 18 months I was questioning Freathy's timing and perspective. I know he's a one trick pony but I bit.

Tonight is the night to crack open a nice red and partially celebrate our escape.

As I said if we're here again this time next year then he's a guru but as someone else mentioned a few months ago Freathy's viewpoint is even more relevant if he calls the upturn, because we will improve.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Nick wrote:
Very much enjoyed the ATD company (and beer) today. The game itself? Well, not so much, but a better performance that last week at The County Ground. Better in that we played for and created some chances.

We did? scratch I'm glad I was (am) suitably beered up so as not to really notice, one way or the other! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 pm

This time according to Newell ,receives a text message from Brent allegedly taking a dig at more "doubters"
How we continue to laugh pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Well I don't understand where Freathy is coming from one little bit. The celebration is because at one point if not more this season we were dead and buried and have finally come good, yes good, and avoided the dreaded drop with room to spare. Why the feck should people not celebrate? And Freathy and others you were absolutely dead wrong this time with your predictions of doom. You may have predicted the fate so far but this one you got wrong and I for one am chuffed as a badger in mating season.

This season was a complete and utter write off as we all know but given the circumstances of the start and the Administration, it has or is ending on a high where we have not gone the way that was expected. Next season is a long way off right now and obviously more will be expected. But that is then and this is now. Raise a glass you miserable bastards and never mind the happy clappy labels or the Aviva label or anything else. Even the matchday thread has to contain some reference to Newell or Webb. Give it a feckin rest just for one day for christ sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:35 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

This time according to Newell ,receives a text message from Brent allegedly taking a dig at more "doubters"
How we continue to laugh pig

Ah but did he address the text to Ian or Deep Throat?

Deep Throat replied "Don't worry boss, The T is dead in the water, repeat The T is dead in the water. Mission Accomplished. Over"
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Well I was celebrating at the end and I don't care who knows it. This season does not represent failure. It represents triumph over failure. It is an end not an end to itself.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
And Freathy and others you were absolutely dead wrong this time with your predictions of doom.

We only very narrowly avoided being expelled from the football league (for being too shit). I really don't think we were that far wrong. And I expect more of the same next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 pm

feck it. We're safe. Have a few beers, ciders or a few glasses of wine. Don't call it celebrating it you don't feel it's worth celebrating, but have a few for relief then. Relief that we're not going to Ebbsfleet next season.

It'll still be a season in a shit league, but it could have been a season in a shitter league. That's got to be worth having a drink over?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never   Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never Empty

Back to top Go down

Where's Richard Blight? Oxford Match Thread - Better Late Than Never
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next