Nick
125+1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:23 pm

How does it feel knowing, the greens are practically safe now.

16 Burton Albion 51
17 Wimbledon 47
18 Northampton 45
19 Dag & Red 45
20 Plymouth 44
21 Bradford 43
22 Barnet 39
23 Macclesfield 36
24 Hereford 24

Last edited by 125+1 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Erotic
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Relief. Just want this season over with and a team not struggling next season please.
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 pm

A win on saturday to put the icing on the cake, sadly, I don't think we will win, will seal survival against Oxford
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Block4Green wrote:
A win on saturday to put the icing on the cake, sadly, I don't think we will win, will seal survival against Oxford

You honestly think Macclesfield or Hereford are gonna win 3 of their last four games?. Were safe now
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Hooray!!!!
And who was the numpty on Pasoti who claimed we had sold over 10k tickets for today.....Pasoti- the oracle of bullshit
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:51 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Hooray!!!!
And who was the numpty on Pasoti who claimed we had sold over 10k tickets for today.....Pasoti- the oracle of bullshit

Probably the same numpty who told Brent we're just a couple of players short of a good team!

The prez said in his churchill speech earlier in the week :
Quote :
Pre-sales for tomorrows game are pointing towards a crowd of 10,000 plus for what is one of the most important games in Argyle's history

lol!
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Great result, Great results around us, feckin shocking game, we were shocking all over the park, would have been happy with a draw, how did we manage to win? Fletcher next season? I really hope not, he hasn't got a clue.
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Hereford been docked points?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Relieved that we're (as good as) safe from the drop. Nothing more.

Fear it'll be a long old summer awaiting a squad to be built under a proven manager, hope I'm proved wrong.

Anyway, it's the cricket season now so all is well with th... oh, it's slashing it down all week.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Job done. Lets put all this behind us and dominate the world!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Iggy wrote:
how did we manage to win?

My thoughts entirely. Aldershot played a nice, neat passing game, with plenty of shape and width, while we, for the most part, ran around like headless chickens. For most of the second half, all our outfield players were in the opposition half, if not the final third.

It was a lucky win (can't remember the last time I saw two goals disallowed in a match), perhaps our payback for all the bad luck we've had, but I'll take the three points with a grin and start to believe we're going to survive.
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Peggy wrote:
Iggy wrote:
how did we manage to win?

My thoughts entirely. Aldershot played a nice, neat passing game, with plenty of shape and width, while we, for the most part, ran around like headless chickens. For most of the second half, all our outfield players were in the opposition half, if not the final third.

It was a lucky win (can't remember the last time I saw two goals disallowed in a match), perhaps our payback for all the bad luck we've had, but I'll take the three points with a grin and start to believe we're going to survive.

It wasn't just today though, it was the same against Shrewsbury,Bradford and Hereford..unbelievably we came away with the results we needed, play like that next season and well get slaughtered good and proper.
I see on Pasoti they are clamouring for fletcher to get the job full time. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:59 pm

It's horrible to say on a day the team all but guaranteed safety but it's hard to think of a worse group of players to have worn the Green and 'graced' Home Park. Its a collective worse because I think there is some talent there waiting to come out.

The post mortem amongst the Board of Directors needs to start as soon as we are actually safe. And planning for next season starts as soon as the final whistle goes for the same match.

The legitimate comments and grumbles I heard as I left the ground were a muted relief and a feeling it can't be any worse next year.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:56 pm

This season has been an total and utter disgrace. As soon as the final whistle blows v Cheltenham, brent must start an immerdiate cull of the 'manager' and 'players' who have managed to finish so far down this attrociously shit division full of crap players and unbelievably shit teams. There should be NO celebration of our 'survival' only sackings of shit players and the shit manager.

FLETCHER OUT!!!!
BRENT OUT!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Freathy wrote:
This season has been an total and utter disgrace. As soon as the final whistle blows v Cheltenham, brent must start an immerdiate cull of the 'manager' and 'players' who have managed to finish so far down this attrociously shit division full of crap players and unbelievably shit teams. There should be NO celebration of our 'survival' only sackings of shit players and the shit manager.

FLETCHER OUT!!!!
BRENT OUT!!!!!

How do you attach ^^^^^^ this with bells on.

We have survived relegation through nothing more than luck and the teams around us being more shit that us.

Not a pretty sight today, although I thought the first half, we played quite well - for a crap fourth division bunch of has-beens. Only Mc Donald worthy of the shirt and he got subbed!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 pm

[quote="125+1"]
Block4Green wrote:

You honestly think Macclesfield or Hereford are gonna win 3 of their last four games?. Were safe now[/qu

here their last four

Barnet V Hereford
Crawley V Hereford
Hereford V Torquay
Hereford V Northampton

Macclesfield V Crewe
Southend V Macclesfield
Macclesfield V Crewe
Macclesfield V Burton Albion

Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Firstly I believe we are safe right now even if mathmatically that isn't a factual statement. How we won today is slightly beyond me but win we did and that is all that matters when it is a result driven business as many people have reminded everyone else all season. We won because we put the ball in the back of the net and they didn't manage that.

In football terms we did what was needed no matter how horrible it looked. You cannot knock the team for winning just maybe the manner of that victory and there is no such thing as luck just doing the right thing once more than the opposition. There were two disallowed goals because they were not legal goals in football rule terms. Nobody did us a favour they just applied the rules properly. I would have loved to see Argyle play the opposition off the park on their way to a resounding result. But equally I am happy, although my nerves are shot to pieces, that we got the result however it was achieved. Given the start to the season we had, I am happy to finish anywhere other than in the bottom 2 and irrespective of what people think the team should have achieved they have done a "reasonable" job to escape at all.
Back to top Go down

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Firstly I believe we are safe right now even if mathmatically that isn't a factual statement. How we won today is slightly beyond me but win we did and that is all that matters when it is a result driven business as many people have reminded everyone else all season. We won because we put the ball in the back of the net and they didn't manage that.

In football terms we did what was needed no matter how horrible it looked. You cannot knock the team for winning just maybe the manner of that victory and there is no such thing as luck just doing the right thing once more than the opposition. There were two disallowed goals because they were not legal goals in football rule terms. Nobody did us a favour they just applied the rules properly. I would have loved to see Argyle play the opposition off the park on their way to a resounding result. But equally I am happy, although my nerves are shot to pieces, that we got the result however it was achieved. Given the start to the season we had, I am happy to finish anywhere other than in the bottom 2 and irrespective of what people think the team should have achieved they have done a "reasonable" job to escape at all.

That's a pretty fair assessment Sensible. Now we have time to get in a proper manager and some decent players and have, for the first time in years, a team challenging for promotion, winning more than one game on the trot, and not scrapping around playing shite football.

Over to you Mr Brent!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety   Safety Empty

Back to top Go down

Safety
Page 1 of 1