Coxside_Green
Greenskin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Poor Financial Health  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Financial Health    Poor Financial Health  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I can just imagine Greenskin's face What a Face

I give up.Honestly,what is the fecking point anymore? You try to interpret facts and data,things which have actually happened in the past, rather than making trite and rather mindless generalisations in order to make some sense and logic of it all.Unfortunately,the accept second best,lowest common denominator mentality seems to be too deep rooted to be penetrated and i don't think will ever change.I'll try to answer the guy politely-yes,i realise the club are still in danger of slipping out of the league,no rocket science there.No,i wasn't talking of crowds of 3 years ago,in fact it was 7 years ago.And 8 years ago,Swansea finished in 89th place in the FL with an average gate of 5160, about 1500 per game less than Argyle are managing currently.I posed the question the other day on PASOTI as to why Argyle could not achieve the same results as Swansea,Cardiff and Hull have in recent times and one of the repiles stated that it was because of the Rugby background of those towns! lol! lol! lol!

You couldn't make it up,you really couldn't.Think i'll go and talk to the trees.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Poor Financial Health    Poor Financial Health  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
I can just imagine Greenskin's face What a Face

I give up.Honestly,what is the fecking point anymore? You try to interpret facts and data,things which have actually happened in the past, rather than making trite and rather mindless generalisations in order to make some sense and logic of it all.Unfortunately,the accept second best,lowest common denominator mentality seems to be too deep rooted to be penetrated and i don't think will ever change.I'll try to answer the guy politely-yes,i realise the club are still in danger of slipping out of the league,no rocket science there.No,i wasn't talking of crowds of 3 years ago,in fact it was 7 years ago.And 8 years ago,Swansea finished in 89th place in the FL with an average gate of 5160, about 1500 per game less than Argyle are managing currently.I posed the question the other day on PASOTI as to why Argyle could not achieve the same results as Swansea,Cardiff and Hull have in recent times and one of the repiles stated that it was because of the Rugby background of those towns! lol! lol! lol!

You couldn't make it up,you really couldn't.Think i'll go and talk to the trees.

I love you ............... At least we have eachother. Imagine being totally alone and nobody listens affraid Youuum a Praaaaper fan too ! lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Poor Financial Health    Poor Financial Health  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi Coxide,just trying to make the point that if we did get back into the Championship,I can see no evidence that Argyle as a club could sustain paying high wages or generating enough income through football.Brent himself stated the club could get into the top tier with the right financing-but it probably won't be him.On current forecasting given that a majority of Championship clubs are having to pay out large wage bills and have diminishing attendences,we would almost certainly become a financial basket case again.I want all the Devon clubs to thrive,but face the facts-Exeter City are struggling financially,and have been unable to strengthen the team and relegation is almost certain.Equally while I really hope the Gulls get promotion,how they will thrive and survive for any length of time in a higher league is beyond me,on 2,500 crowds,max 3,000.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Poor Financial Health    Poor Financial Health  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:20 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Hi Coxide,just trying to make the point that if we did get back into the Championship,I can see no evidence that Argyle as a club could sustain paying high wages or generating enough income through football.Brent himself stated the club could get into the top tier with the right financing-but it probably won't be him.On current forecasting given that a majority of Championship clubs are having to pay out large wage bills and have diminishing attendences,we would almost certainly become a financial basket case again.I want all the Devon clubs to thrive,but face the facts-Exeter City are struggling financially,and have been unable to strengthen the team and relegation is almost certain.Equally while I really hope the Gulls get promotion,how they will thrive and survive for any length of time in a higher league is beyond me,on 2,500 crowds,max 3,000.

PAFC have proven time after time our attendances can compete in the 2nd tier but it's the Board of Directors who let us down with their perceived lack of ambition, forever selling off our better players and replacing them with cheaper less-gifted players leading to yet another downward spiral. If the Board of Directors dont have what it takes to move the club forward they should step aside for people who do, unfortunately that has yet to happen when we're in the 2nd tier.

The problems other CCC clubs are facing would be irrelevant to us as we'd be on an upward trend should we return. You also have to remember it's not always about how much money a club has but how that money is used. Ollie took us to 11th when our wage budget was around £5m-ish, the wage budget when we got relegated was considerably higher. The only thing you need to worry about should we return to the 2nd tier is how competent or incompetent our owners are, whether they've learnt from our history or not. Showing ambition doesn't have to equate to spend spend spend. If we could keep hold of a core squad of around 18-20 players all willing to fight for the shirt and add a couple of quality loan signings when the timing is right, there's no reason why we couldn't be another Blackpool or Swansea in future.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Poor Financial Health    Poor Financial Health  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Coxide you make an important point in saying what other clubs do is irrelevant,every club has an individual situation re fanbase and financing,of course talking about Torquay and Exeter are only local examples-they are not us.But as you say who owns the club is paramount as to which direction it goes and the level of backing.The jury is clearly still out on Brent given the short ammount of time he has taken ownership,but given he is taking the route of making PAFC self financing by expanding the buisness in terms of corporate hospitality and entertainment events,he is clearly not relying solely on the football fortunes.It is not a given that people will flock back if you gain success on the pitch-we will see.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Poor Financial Health    Poor Financial Health  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

PAFC have proven time after time our attendances can compete in the 2nd tier but it's the Board of Directors who let us down with their perceived lack of ambition, forever selling off our better players and replacing them with cheaper less-gifted players leading to yet another downward spiral. If the Board of Directors dont have what it takes to move the club forward they should step aside for people who do, unfortunately that has yet to happen when we're in the 2nd tier.

The problems other CCC clubs are facing would be irrelevant to us as we'd be on an upward trend should we return. You also have to remember it's not always about how much money a club has but how that money is used. Ollie took us to 11th when our wage budget was around £5m-ish, the wage budget when we got relegated was considerably higher. The only thing you need to worry about should we return to the 2nd tier is how competent or incompetent our owners are, whether they've learnt from our history or not. Showing ambition doesn't have to equate to spend spend spend. If we could keep hold of a core squad of around 18-20 players all willing to fight for the shirt and add a couple of quality loan signings when the timing is right, there's no reason why we couldn't be another Blackpool or Swansea in future.

Halle-bleddy-lujah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor Financial Health    Poor Financial Health  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Poor Financial Health
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2