Go down 
+2
Czarcasm
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Chairman Interview Empty
PostSubject: Chairman Interview   Chairman Interview EmptyTue May 28, 2024 11:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Chairman Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman Interview   Chairman Interview EmptyTue May 28, 2024 3:22 pm

A very defensive tone set there by the Chairman, particularly regarding Dewsnip. But he does explain his thoughts, I guess.

I’m a bit confused about his conclusion that he couldn’t derive much data from Rooneys time at Brum though. That’s probably because there was very little positive data to extract from his time there.

I’m not as perplexed as I was when Rooney was first announced, but I’m most certainly on the fence in terms of what he’ll be capable of here. Certainly having a full pre-season being able to mould a squad will help. But then he really will have no excuses if it all goes tits up.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Chairman Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman Interview   Chairman Interview EmptyTue May 28, 2024 3:29 pm

Got to be a comedy classic:

"Wayne's data for Derby was good, as it was for DC United"

"And for Birmingham?"

"Sorry, we haven't got that yet"

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Chairman Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman Interview   Chairman Interview EmptyTue May 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Yes lets skip over his Birmingham debacle. I would have asked Hallett how he got it so spectacularly wrong with Foster and how were lesson's learned for the Rooney appointment.
Back to top Go down

Chairman Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman Interview   Chairman Interview EmptyTue May 28, 2024 5:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
A very defensive tone set there by the Chairman, particularly regarding Dewsnip. But he does explain his thoughts, I guess.

I’m a bit confused about his conclusion that he couldn’t derive much data from Rooneys time at Brum though. That’s probably because there was very little positive data to extract from his time there.

I’m not as perplexed as I was when Rooney was first announced, but I’m most certainly on the fence in terms of what he’ll be capable of here. Certainly having a full pre-season being able to mould a squad will help. But then he really will have no excuses if it all goes tits up.

He was a tad dickish discussing foster coming in and his departure too. His defending of Dewsnip is going to be a weight around his neck if Rooney flops as the fans are going to be demanding he sack him.

You dont need data and analytics to see with your eyes si that Rooney was part of a team that kept Derby competitive that included rosenior who was seen as the schumacher to wayne's lowe, he flopped at dc united they expected big things from him and he failed to deliver anything like that and Birmingham he took over a team that was 6th and took them into the relegation zone. What ever his stats stated reality shows results dont lie.

lets be real here the club hired him for his name and standing in football as a player as he was a great player in his prime. Also, hes scouse and dewsnip knows him which is the important thing here.

If he wasn't Wayne Rooney the top striker for Man UTD and England who won countless club trophies both domestically and in europe, won many individual player awards and holds goalscoring records for club and once his country but was in fact an average at best player for Sunderland and Republic of Ireland who won the league cup once and was a defender born and raised in Bedfordshire and never meet Dewsnip. Would he even have got an interview with his track record as a coach?
Back to top Go down
Halmosi's left foot

Chairman Interview Empty
PostSubject: Chairman interview   Chairman Interview EmptyWed May 29, 2024 11:29 am

I am trying to be convinced, but failing to be honest.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Chairman Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman Interview   Chairman Interview EmptyWed May 29, 2024 12:36 pm

I’ve tried I just can’t get me head around it absolute shocking appointment!
I just don’t get it with hallett the kind wealth his accumulated you’d think he was a bit of a shrewd operator and some what ruthless as most buisnessmen with that wealth ..but when it comes to Argyle he seems to make absolutely cock up of the top decisions..like employing foster not making Azaz a permanent signing  listening to much to dewsnip and now this cherry on top of the cake signing  Rooney …it’s as if they making these shocking decisions deliberately cos they can afford L1 & below
Cos as I’ve said someone his wealth can’t be that stupid to keep making the wrong top decisions each time surely !
Not a lot we can do the appointments been made like it or not and Im in the not category but when this goes pear shape and it will this could be curtains for the lot of em this time dewsnip parky & hallett they get this one wrong
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chairman Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman Interview   Chairman Interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Chairman Interview
Page 1 of 1