Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Us v Turnips

Go down 
+5
seadog
Freathy
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu
Greenskin
Les Miserable
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7467
Join date : 2014-03-30

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 9:09 am

Nailed on 3 points

New 5 year contract offered to foster at 4.55pm

Uncle Si breaks his media silence at 5pm in a spirited address to the Janner nation.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6112
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 9:23 am

Think we'll score today, law of averages says it must happen sometime. Can't really see us winning though, may just scrape a point if best case scenario and spring time optimistic mood prevail

1-1


Hardie

May be the worst possible result in some ways.
Back to top Go down
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Whatswrongwithyoumalibu


Posts : 10
Join date : 2024-03-31

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 10:19 am

Need to bring Bali into midfield and somehow (with what we've got) provide two enforcers either side to protect him and to tell him to do what he does best

3 points we simply have to take today somehow. Performance is irrelevant at this point
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6988
Join date : 2011-05-12

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 10:57 am

We'll start the match all guns blazing and even creating a few chances which we will of course not take. But it won't be long before a technically superior, tactically superior, well organised and well drilled Bristol City side take the lead. Then like most opposition at HP lately Bristol City will dominate and press effectively while Argo revert to miss passes, giving the ball away, passing it back to Cooper and hoofing it up to isolated Hardie and Morgs. At some point after the break to change things isolated Hardie will be replaced by even more isolated and ineffective Waine. It will be really horrible today with a totally toxic atmosphere.

FOSTER OUT NOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14718
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:08 am

Gotta win, FFS!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:13 am

i want to see us perform alot better than we did against preston even if we only manage to get a draw that might appease the fans slightly today in lieu of winning but ffs we need to win this game otherwise its not going to be a pleasant atmosphere for foster at all.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5863
Join date : 2015-07-08

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 3:00 pm

3 points at all cost otherwise ..I can see this going pear shaped at the final whistle a tirade aimed towards the directors box
Back to top Go down
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Whatswrongwithyoumalibu


Posts : 10
Join date : 2024-03-31

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 4:54 pm

Disaster
We cant blame Shumacher for this utter capitulation in the league

The subsequent appointment of a novice at the most crucial time came from above.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6988
Join date : 2011-05-12

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 5:07 pm

It's now clear that hallett and co couldn't give a shit about the fans.  They don't see this relegation as a disaster and don't care that the fans do.  They point blank refused to sack a clueless 'head coach' who they hired on the cheap and has only managed to get 5 points from 33.  No other chairman of any other club would have not acted and condemned the club to relegation.

FOSTER OUT NOW
HALLETT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10219
Join date : 2011-10-23

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 5:44 pm

Angry wrote:
i want to see us perform alot better than we did against preston even if we only manage to get a draw that might appease the fans slightly today in lieu of winning but ffs we need to win this game otherwise its not going to be a pleasant atmosphere for foster at all.

But therein lies the problem. We were utter toss for the vas majority of this game, and barely a whimper of dissent. Foster should be getting DOGS ABUSE. Because more often than not that is the only way a Board gets the message that this type of dross can’t continue.

Whimper is the word. Because we are going down with a whimper.

There are all sorts of stories leaking out of the club - none of them with any degree of positivity at all regarding Foster.

It’s very fcuking clear. Foster isn’t the man to ( somehow) scrape us over the line and subsequently lead us into another Championship season. And he’s clearly not the manager to see us relegated and still be in situ at the start of a new League1 season.

So get rid of the clueless fcuker NOW.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 5:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
i want to see us perform alot better than we did against preston even if we only manage to get a draw that might appease the fans slightly today in lieu of winning but ffs we need to win this game otherwise its not going to be a pleasant atmosphere for foster at all.

But therein lies the problem. We were utter toss for the vas majority of this game, and barely a whimper of dissent. Foster should be getting DOGS ABUSE. Because more often than not that is the only way a Board gets the message that this type of dross can’t continue.

Whimper is the word. Because we are going down with a whimper.

There are all sorts of stories leaking out of the club - none of them with any degree of positivity at all regarding Foster.

It’s very fcuking clear. Foster isn’t the man to ( somehow) scrape us over the line and subsequently lead us into another Championship season. And he’s clearly not the manager to see us relegated and still be in situ at the start of a new League1 season.

So get rid of the clueless fcuker NOW.

we did perform better well better ish than aainst preston in the first half i will be fair but our final ball was atrocious. Hardie should have passed to Whittaker early on when he had a clear line at goal and instead he took the shot at a awarkard angle and got no where near the goal. Hardie is regressing back to the frustrating striker he was a few seasons ago where hes bottling his final ball where he seemed to be over that this season and most of last.

second half it was like watching a different team many mistakes lost balls no real threat up front beyond hitting the ball at bristol city players and putting the ball out for a corner. City's subs made the impact they wanted today but in truth they weren't great, This was a game we probably would have won earlier in the season they where there for the taking but we couldnt capitalise on anything.

Devine deserved his red card booked twice for silly tackles but the good news is he wont be in the team and the better news is he misses rotherham so that gives another player a chance hopefully Wright. We weren't getting back into this match whether he stayed on the pitch or not but his sacrifice meant we didnt need to confirm that in the 75th minute as waine was due to come on with edwards at the time.
Phillips despite winning man of the match from the sponsors was awful today sorinola should have won it imo he was our best player on the pitch.

The fans did what the sensitive fans where complaining about and didnt call for foster to be sacked during the game yet it made no difference in our fortunes they sang for the team and nothing meanwhile the clown just couldn't break down a mediocre city team with the talent he had on the pitch.

we have already seen one departure from the club today in trevor east i want to see another in foster. Lets be real we are now 1 point above the drop zone now and its not going to be too long before we are in it. We should be beating rotherham its not a case of we have too we should be beating them on friday but im not as certain anymore with foster in charge the guy hasnt got a clue what hes doing.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14718
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:43 pm

Good grief, what a fecking shit show.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6112
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:56 pm

Freathy wrote:
We'll start the match all guns blazing and even creating a few chances which we will of course not take.  But it won't be long before a technically superior, tactically superior, well organised and well drilled Bristol City side take the lead.  Then like most opposition at HP lately Bristol City will dominate and press effectively while Argo revert to miss passes, giving the ball away, passing it back to Cooper and hoofing it up to isolated Hardie and Morgs.  At some point after the break to change things isolated Hardie will be replaced by  even more isolated and ineffective Waine. It will be really horrible today with a totally toxic atmosphere.

FOSTER OUT NOW!!!!

As forecasts go this really deserves the Nobel prize for football forecasting.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim


Posts : 2590
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 8:49 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We'll start the match all guns blazing and even creating a few chances which we will of course not take.  But it won't be long before a technically superior, tactically superior, well organised and well drilled Bristol City side take the lead.  Then like most opposition at HP lately Bristol City will dominate and press effectively while Argo revert to miss passes, giving the ball away, passing it back to Cooper and hoofing it up to isolated Hardie and Morgs.  At some point after the break to change things isolated Hardie will be replaced by  even more isolated and ineffective Waine. It will be really horrible today with a totally toxic atmosphere.

FOSTER OUT NOW!!!!

As forecasts go this really deserves the Nobel prize for football forecasting.

He's forecasted that for every home game for the last 3 seasons.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6112
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 9:02 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We'll start the match all guns blazing and even creating a few chances which we will of course not take.  But it won't be long before a technically superior, tactically superior, well organised and well drilled Bristol City side take the lead.  Then like most opposition at HP lately Bristol City will dominate and press effectively while Argo revert to miss passes, giving the ball away, passing it back to Cooper and hoofing it up to isolated Hardie and Morgs.  At some point after the break to change things isolated Hardie will be replaced by  even more isolated and ineffective Waine. It will be really horrible today with a totally toxic atmosphere.

FOSTER OUT NOW!!!!

As forecasts go this really deserves the Nobel prize for football forecasting.

He's forecasted that for every home game for the last 3 seasons.

Not in that much pinpoint detail. The match panned out exactly as he said, the only inaccurate bit was Waine coming on for Hardie.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 9:04 pm

Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We'll start the match all guns blazing and even creating a few chances which we will of course not take.  But it won't be long before a technically superior, tactically superior, well organised and well drilled Bristol City side take the lead.  Then like most opposition at HP lately Bristol City will dominate and press effectively while Argo revert to miss passes, giving the ball away, passing it back to Cooper and hoofing it up to isolated Hardie and Morgs.  At some point after the break to change things isolated Hardie will be replaced by  even more isolated and ineffective Waine. It will be really horrible today with a totally toxic atmosphere.

FOSTER OUT NOW!!!!

As forecasts go this really deserves the Nobel prize for football forecasting.

He's forecasted that for every home game for the last 3 seasons.

Not in that much pinpoint detail. The match panned out exactly as he said, the only inaccurate bit was Waine coming on for Hardie.

which he would have been right there had devine not been sent off as he was literally about to come on and i was literally about to walk out the stadium but stayed when he sat down. When ben waine comes on you know the head coach isnt looking to win the game as he isnt going to do jack all to change a game as hes no good.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6988
Join date : 2011-05-12

Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 9:30 pm

It was all just so obvious
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Us v Turnips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Us v Turnips   Us v Turnips Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Us v Turnips
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Brizzle Turnips v Argyle

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: