Greenskin
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle   Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 6:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Didn't deserve to lose that, another gut-wrenching 95th minute goal. We were the better side throughout, looked far more dangerous and forced Brum into panicky clearances from their box for most of the second half. When we scored I thought we'd go on and win it and we would have deserved it. Defence looked solid again, their winner came from a long ball nodded on which bounced nicely for the lad - could easily have gone anywhere.

Disappointing to lose again like that, but the performance was top quality and we'll win more than we lose if we keep playing like that.

There speaks someone (unlike Freathy) who clearly watched the game. Spot on.
I didn't say we weren't the better side.  We didn't take our chances and Birmingham did so Brum deserved to win.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle   Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 6:58 pm

Freathy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Didn't deserve to lose that, another gut-wrenching 95th minute goal. We were the better side throughout, looked far more dangerous and forced Brum into panicky clearances from their box for most of the second half. When we scored I thought we'd go on and win it and we would have deserved it. Defence looked solid again, their winner came from a long ball nodded on which bounced nicely for the lad - could easily have gone anywhere.

Disappointing to lose again like that, but the performance was top quality and we'll win more than we lose if we keep playing like that.

There speaks someone (unlike Freathy) who clearly watched the game. Spot on.
I didn't say we weren't the better side.  We didn't take our chances and Birmingham did so Brum deserved to win.

Got to agree with Freathers on this one. Funnily enough, dredging back some memories from previous championship seasons, a couple of instances against Birmingham come to mind-saw Argyle miss chance after chance at St Andrews after dominating the game for the first 35 minutes, went in at half time 3-0 down. Battered Birmingham for the entire match in an evening game at HP, lost 1-0.That's life in this division and Argyle had better learn that quickly because the standards are high and punishment hard if they aren't met. There's been some rather harsh slating of Hardie on another site but the guy has scored three out of five goals scored by Argyle which any club in the division would be pleased with-others in the team need to come to the party as well because Hardie isn't going to score every chance that he gets, no striker ever does. It would help if Argyle managed to get a few goals from set pieces, which was not an area in which they excelled even last season.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle   Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 7:19 pm

Another gutting defeat in added time.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle   Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 8:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looked like a shove on Scarr for the first goal
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle   Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 10:38 pm

feckin hell lads gutted yet again. We've gotta learn quickly to concentrate until the ref blows
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle   Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 5:46 am

Jay Stansfield opens up on 'special' Birmingham City debut

Jay Stansfield enjoyed the Birmingham City debut that dreams are made of on Saturday.
It doesn’t get much better than scoring a 95th minute winner in front of a sell-out St Andrew’s against the team your family despises. Plymouth Argyle were the perfect first victim for Stansfield, whose Exeter City roots run deep.
“I’ve had loads of messages from all the Exeter fans already,” Stansfield said shortly after his match-winning performance. “I’m obviously playing for Birmingham but I was in Exeter’s academy and all my family live there. I played against them last season and didn’t score so to be able to come here and do it is special.
“I couldn’t have dreamed of a better debut. It had no back-lift and I knew where the goal was, I took a right foot swing and luckily it went in."
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle   Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 10:41 am

Tgwu wrote:
Jay Stansfield opens up on 'special' Birmingham City debut

Jay Stansfield enjoyed the Birmingham City debut that dreams are made of on Saturday.
It doesn’t get much better than scoring a 95th minute winner in front of a sell-out St Andrew’s against the team your family despises. Plymouth Argyle were the perfect first victim for Stansfield, whose Exeter City roots run deep.
“I’ve had loads of messages from all the Exeter fans already,” Stansfield said shortly after his match-winning performance. “I’m obviously playing for Birmingham but I was in Exeter’s academy and all my family live there. I played against them last season and didn’t score so to be able to come here and do it is special.
“I couldn’t have dreamed of a better debut. It had no back-lift and I knew where the goal was, I took a right foot swing and luckily it went in."

Not lost on him that his dad born and bread in Plymouth is it lol.  

Still on to Blackburn when hopefully we get our own striker in by then and 1-2 more alongside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle   Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Birmingham city vs Plymouth Argyle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2